Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 21st January 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted

You got same as Lytham SFZ, but not sure myself mate, unless they've got this westerly comeback thing in mind??

Fingers crossed expect nothing and we'll see what we end up with.

Must admit the snow this morning was a real bonus, hasn't amounted to much but its nice to see a bit on the ground. Meto have been fairly accurate for me up to now though during this spell ....

Probably for a different time, but i was thinking over the weekend (dangerous i know) we'd be in a bit of bother here, if the wind and weather came from the same direction as it has been for the past 10 days, for a sustained period during the summer. There has been a notable lack of precipitation, for somewhere that is normally so wet, it has been ususual to see the moisture doing all it can to avoid this area. Same please during July and August blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Amazing. Meto - Lytham & Preston heavy snow till 3pm. Bbc weather no snow graphics & no mention. Just an example of the disconnectedness of it all!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Amazing. Meto - Lytham & Preston heavy snow till 3pm. Bbc weather no snow graphics & no mention. Just an example of the disconnectedness of it all!

I take it you didnt come into leyland today then? Lol

Posted

Still snowing here as it has been all morning. Although I think it will stop soon.

With regards to the talk of the ppn shifting back towards us how good would that be!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

It will start tetting colder now anyway as it is past. Noon

Can u imaging the whole of the north west coast would be berried

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

It will start tetting colder now anyway as it is past. Noon

3pm is usually the start of colder temps.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Rapid thaw underway here,hopefully it will all back west

Temp back down to 1.3c

C.S

Posted

3pm is usually the start of colder temps.

That said the temperature was as stubborn as anything by that time yesterday hence the continuous thaw we had so who's to say the same won't happen again?

Edited by SnowObsessor90

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Temp up to 1.8c with noticeable thawing taking place! Waited ages for snow and it's melting already closedeyes.gif

Posted

I am at work now, by Alexandra park . There was about a cm of snow on the ground earlier but it is melting quite fast. That's the problem when you don't have enough depth on the ground, it goes very easily.

I cannot see the snow coming back from the west. None of the models are showing this. The Isle of Man will be the best place for continuous snow this afternoon.

Posted
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!

All stopped and a partial thaw starting (at least near the house where it's warmer) here in Knutsford. Looking at the radar that's probably the last of it for us, unless it swivels back again!!!

Posted

A very pretty picture in our neck of the woods, but the snow has now stopped. MetO said heavy snow until about 5pm, and then more tonight but I can't see where it's coming from on the radar as the precip has passed us now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, storms

Crikey - my temp up to 3.6. Thaw is noticeable :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Around SW Wales you can see the eastward rotation if you play back recent radar images, so it is there, but i think it needs to track further north before first before it turns into the NW. Very unscientifically put I know. Basically, it is possible,but time will tell. Anyone else any thoughts??

Posted

Temp on the march upwards again after a brief fall, now up at 2.4c. Still no sign of the elusive heavy snow.

they dont know what their on about them forcasters

Around SW Wales you can see the eastward rotation if you play back recent radar images, so it is there, but i think it needs to track further north before first before it turns into the NW. Very unscientifically put I know. Basically, it is possible,but time will tell. Anyone else any thoughts??

i dont think it will to be honest

Posted

buxtonweather.co.uk

-We have very light snow in Buxton right now - and we have 21 cm of snow on the ground @ 11.10 Monday- all side roads in Buxton are near impassable - and all high level routes are affected by snow and ice to varying extents - REPORTS TODAY - "Travelled from Hazel Grove to Derby via Buxton (A6, A515, A5012 and A38). No serious problems but a little slower than usual" Thank you David Nunn @ 10.30 AND "Side roads in Buxton are about the worst I encountered this morning but passable in a 4*4 - A6 no problems at all - The A53 Leek Road is passable without to many problems, I passed two snow ploughs on route and they keeping it clear - The road through Flash to the A54 is also passable with care - The A54 is officially closed, but if you drive through the signs it is ploughed and passable in a 4*4 or with snow tyres" Thak you Neil Armstrong @ 09.20 AND "A good covering of snow in Macclesfield this morning -even the main roads have a good covering. Very slippy on all roads and still snowing quite steady" Thank you Neil Hooks @ 09.15 AND "Main Roads slippy around Buxton, side roads impassable" Thank you David Hilton @ 08.00 AND "A53 Leek Road is passable with care, but we need a snow plough in lanes to be able to get out" Thank you Claire Yates @ 08.00 AND "Matlock to Buxton on the A6, mostly passable with care .. would not wish to do it without 4 WD" Thank you Paul Turner @ 08.50 AND "Snow plough going up and down Mam Nick from Edale , 4x4 should make it now" Thank you Sarah Helliwell @ 08.50 AND "A515 is open at Parsley Hay - traffic is moving steadily with good visibility - at least 5cm fresh snow" Thank you Christine Orchard @ 08.00 AND "Middleton by Youlgrave, another 3 inches or snow overnight - roads treacherous" Thank you Andrew Wood AND " A6 Buxton to Chapel is open" Thank you Neil Ford @ 08.00 AND "Travelled A6 Stockport to Buxton - roads tricky, but needs care nearer Buxton - extensive queues New Mills towards Manchester" Thank you Nick Daber @ 08.30 -

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

snowing again in the west midlands

C.S