Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 21st January 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted

The breeze blowing the light snow that's falling seems to be from the West, so might explain why the temps and dp's are rising so sharply.

I'm going to head out for a walk before the thaw kicks in blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

The net/w 'futureradar' that gives you 3 or 4 frames of predicted ppn doesn't suggest an eastward shift - it goes with a continued westerly push, but I don't know how reliable it is.

Posted

Nearly spat my coffee all over my keyboard .... meto updated forecast snow all day - heavy snow 3.00 pm where did that come from ??

Make another brew and relax as it it won't happen, if it does that means it will extend to here and there's no chance of that happening.biggrin.png

Posted

CANT SEE THAT HEADING BACK WEST WE HAVE EASTERLY WINDS????

No - the current system is pushing East - the air pressure over Northern Ireland and the Irish sea is currently swirling Westwards - the LP System will meet this in the next hour or so and swing back round towards us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Nearly spat my coffee all over my keyboard .... meto updated forecast snow all day - heavy snow 3.00 pm where did that come from ??

You got same as Lytham SFZ, but not sure myself mate, unless they've got this westerly comeback thing in mind??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time

Significant melt going on over here. Stopped snowing now and temp up to 1.5 :-(

Posted

Thats because of the Air Pressure over Ireland - watch this space, we will rather be dissappointed or all be leaping for joy - next hour or two is crucial.

Posted

Temperature getting close to 2°C now, I hope this doesn't melt anytime soon, would be quite disappointing if it did.

EDIT: it already has started to thaw. Snow dropping from trees all over the place. We could really do with the temp dropping, what's it expected to peak at?

Edited by The Yellow Snowman

Posted

Right I've GOT to do some work but will check back later hoping to see our snow come back and take another dump. (sorry)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

....probably the West :)

Posted

Temperature getting close to 2°C now, I hope this doesn't melt anytime soon, would be quite disappointing if it did.

Yet, the bbc forecasts shows 1c maximum for today. They are so wrong with the temperatures, it's not even laughable!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, warm sunny summers,

How reliable was it all going up North as planned from Friday?

Not saying it will as I am not that bothered BUT there is a slight rotation.

This was a strange system coming from the SE in any case so a default West airstream MAY send it back East.

post-6879-0-78142200-1358767587_thumb.pn

completeley agree Iceaxe, there is rotation in the irish sea so precipition (be it rain sleet or snow from coming off the sea) is a possibilty coming back from the west smile.png well spotted mate, we will see as the day goes on i guess.

Edited by Nick JB

Posted

no idea...it won,t never does when forecast

Posted

Still moderate snow with large flakes here. Temp 1.8c so melting on contact. Drip drip drip..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

We had very heavy snow about 15 mins ago!, not as thick now but noticed a slight thaw taking place falling off trees and cars, temp gone up from 2.5 to 3

Posted

We had very heavy snow about 15 mins ago!, not as thick now but noticed a slight thaw taking place falling off trees and cars, temp gone up from 2.5 to 3

Same situation here Sparkle. Stopped snowing and snow melting. Hoep this upcoming turn is going to fill int he gaps!