Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 21st January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

As the front heads back west we could see more in the south pushing north dragging the ppn over and off the channel.

Also major thaw toady not really that bothered as I hear the ECM has thrown out a interesting mix tonight?

Posted

post-13916-0-08635000-1358887054_thumb.j

The snowman has started to melt

Yep he is leaning over a bit!! :

are you sure you got 12cm snow mate....heard lot of melt over your way yeserday...heard only 3cm at end?whistling.gif

lol toooooo late smile.png I have shovelled some up from the garden and topped it up a bit. Edited by Biggin

Posted

Hi Mate

Yh we were on that EF5 Greensburg Storm in 2007, saw an EF4 From about 2 miles away in Oklahoma in 2011 and drove straight at it to let it cross the road in front of us, bloody thing lifted though, closest I have been is about 100 yards in Nebraska in 2008.

I absolutely live for these Supercells, cant wait to get back out their for 7 weeks from May!

Btw Tornado Alley usually gets pounded by snow events over the winters, but this year has been strangely quiet, if snow cover can last it keeps moisture in the ground until early spring, but it has been very dry and temps in the 50f most of the winter, we really should think ourselves lucky! Lol

Thought so! Lolz

and 6 of the 8 EF5's were in 2011...blimey mate...8 in 5 years...of which 6 were in 2011?....fascinating....why so much in one year!?...Sorry mods for digressing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

ahem! acute.gif just popped in for a catch up and you're Match fixing?!

Bad Bad Tom!! LOL

Ha ha Tilly, it comes naturally, I'm half Italian! gathering.gif

We're always noisy round the dinner table!

Cheers,

Tom.

Posted

and 6 of the 8 EF5's were in 2011...blimey mate...8 in 5 years...of which 6 were in 2011?....fascinating....why so much in one year!?...Sorry mods for digressing.

Strongest La Nina ever pretty much sums it up, they were expecting a bad year but hoping the biggies never hit Populated areas. Unfortunately 2 of the biggest hit Tuscaloosa (Alabama) and Joplin (Missouri)

Scary fact is 2013 by the time we get to May will be a possible Moderate La Nina, these patterns tend to favour Families of Large Tornadoes or bigger Outbreaks (Say 60 to 100 Tornadoes in 1 day)

So this year should be a busy one! Although this also favours Dixie Alley which is a right pain in the ar$e to chase unless you have a chainsaw and tree cutting equipment! Pmsl

Btw one of the most satisfying is still the one on the 9th line down (Benfleet Essex EF2) Which was about 3 miles from my house

Edited by Paul Sherman

Posted

As the front heads back west we could see more in the south pushing north dragging the ppn over and off the channel.

Also major thaw toady not really that bothered as I hear the ECM has thrown out a interesting mix tonight?

Don't see a great deal of excitement in the ECM apart from maybe heights trying to rise in the Midland Atlantic and up toward Greenland? - http://images.meteociel.fr/im/8772/ECM1-240_hxw0.GIF

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Seems to be moving just to the West of me... Blooming Central Lodon is melting the ppn away again, need some convection off the N Sea, but not happening right now.

(But does seem to be following the 18z GFS prediction)

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

That quick, interesting match-up with Tilly that. ENE (Thames Streamer) you'd be favourite, NE (Mid-Kent Streamer) would make Tilly favourite. If you can send me a brown envelope stuffed with notes, I'll sort out an ENE for you! wink.png

Sorry Tilly.

Tom

Ha ha Tom

I'll send you a brown envelope stuffed with IOU's. Should come good in about 20 years lol

Posted

Don't see a great deal of excitement in the ECM apart from maybe heights trying to rise in the Midland Atlantic and up toward Greenland? - http://images.meteoc...M1-240_hxw0.GIF

This will cheer you up...CMA leading the way.....

cmanh-0-240.png?00

Posted

Tom

What is the criteria for the next round, is it if we get a reload in February we all start from scratch ??

Imagine if we tried this on some of the early winters on Netweather, we would have been measuring frost depths! And even that at a push

Posted

This will cheer you up...CMA leading the way.....

cmanh-0-240.png?00

Don't think any mild interlude will be long. I'm going to go with the 29th of January for when we'll see signs of another cold spell building (though probably arriving a few days after that). I'd be surprised if this winter doesn't bring more cold spells and/or snow opportunities.

Edited by manutdmatt1986

Posted

Tom

What is the criteria for the next round, is it if we get a reload in February we all start from scratch ??

Imagine if we tried this on some of the early winters on Netweather, we would have been measuring frost depths! And even that at a push

Is this all a ploy by the SE mods/team to win the NW Most popular Forum Cup based on post's acute.gif Edited by blackprince

Posted

Dont worry tom Se20 even you are to far east-

Im moving to Bluebell hill in 2014-- ive always wanted to live there & im buying a house on the summit...

i will probably miss 2013/14 Winter so stuck here level with the waves-

you never know though feb may throw something up!

enjoy your snow this eve People-

Slightly away from the south coast looks good-

S

Well that's me ***************. enjoy peeps

(Herne Bay)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Still heavy snow this is amazing

Have you seen a gritter in your street yet, Im on a main bus route too (although not running currently lol) I don't know what the night-time temp is going to hit, but the roads are going to be total chaos tomorrow. People are still still trying to drive up the street at silly speeds (we are at the bottom of a rather steep gradient) Still coming down fairly strongly here too. I won't be attempting to get to a planned meeting in Craven Vale in the morning methinks!

Posted

Is this all a ploy by the SE mods/team to win the NW Most popular Forum Cup based on post's acute.gif

why are other cup competitions going on then?

Posted

absalute chaos outside brighton my mum hasnt moved on the a27 for at least 3 hours and the heavy snow is just mammering into the area with no letting up. could easily be a foot of snow on the top of the downs with the way the snow was falling and how big the flakes were.help.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gif

Posted

Is this all a ploy by the SE mods/team to win the NW Most popular Forum Cup based on post's acute.gif

We can edit your depths - Mwahahahahaha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Have you seen a gritter in your street yet, Im on a main bus route too (although not running currently lol) I don't know what the night-time temp is going to hit, but the roads are going to be total chaos tomorrow. People are still still trying to drive up the street at silly speeds (we are at the bottom of a rather steep gradient) Still coming down fairly strongly here too. I won't be attempting to get to a planned meeting in Craven Vale in the morning methinks!

not had a gritter here at all ,going to be very bad in the morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Well thanks for your prognosis Lupiejan! :D