Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 21st January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted

Dont worry tom Se20 even you are to far east-

Im moving to Bluebell hill in 2014-- ive always wanted to live there & im buying a house on the summit...

i will probably miss 2013/14 Winter so stuck here level with the waves-

you never know though feb may throw something up!

enjoy your snow this eve People-

Slightly away from the south coast looks good-

S

You'll be able to look down on me.....literally.

Live right by the river and the view from my front looks directly across the marshes and fields all the way up to the top of the hill.

It's a tease, as we can have very little cover sometimes here, and see BH covered :(

Posted

Temps just a tad to high in Eastbourne.need to drop two or three degrees .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

There is still ppn feeding in off the Channel from Dieppe, but with far less intensity, while the low pressure is now pivoting just to the SE of Dartmouth, which is pulling the ppn in our region further West than we want.

Worth keeping an eye on the radar though.

post-2587-0-67848700-1358890728_thumb.pn

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

Temp 3.1c

Dewp -3.2c

Wind quite breezy from the East at 11mph gusting to 16mph

Pants for night-time cold this little cold spell.

Btw how are our Surrey and Hampshire Cousins coping, Army been called out yet ? I see the cleaners never put out the Red Alert for the 40cm,perhaps they are not computer savvy!

Posted

All quiet from those to the West of our region!?! What's happening there?

Radar looks like you might have done well... Not snowed in are ya???

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

absalute chaos outside brighton my mum hasnt moved on the a27 for at least 3 hours and the heavy snow is just mammering into the area with no letting up. could easily be a foot of snow on the top of the downs with the way the snow was falling and how big the flakes were.help.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gif

I have spoken to a friend who left work at 6 travelled from one Lewes roundabout to the other along the A27 turned around and gone back to work in Lewes. It's not good out there.

Posted

I have spoken to a friend who left work at 6 travelled from one Lewes roundabout to the other along the A27 turned around and gone back to work in Lewes. It's not good out there.

Sounds like the gritters were caught unawares. They are out trying to clear up the mess now

Interesting, how much snow do you have in Hailsham, guessing its only 3 or so miles North?

About an inch, depends where in Eastbourne you are, guess it's about 10 - 15 miles to the coast from here

Edited by Jules71

Posted

You can't beat a bit of hight for snow. One of the reasons I moved to the my location was I wanted to be part of the action if it snowed. I would like however, to recommend Tatsfield on the Surrey Kent border. It's mostly above 700ft. I have seen 1963 (several feet) style snowdrifts there in the 80's.

It's starting to get a bit crunchy here - starting to freeze. Wet snow has stuck to everything. Could be good for some photos tomorrow....

RB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Temp has stayed steady the whole evening at 1.1 dewpoint is 0.3 .Road is quiet here (normally a busy road and bus route) it's still snowing heavy,it's stuck to the side of lamppost and signs etc as its falling horizontal .Pretty amazing here, I know some of you may think I'm making it up but I'm not ,it's been a great evening lamp post watching .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Temps just a tad to high in Eastbourne.need to drop two or three degrees .

Still snowing here. Rain/Snow line seemed to be at the first Hailsham roundabout heading north on the A22.

Posted

Temp has stayed steady the whole evening at 1.1 dewpoint is 0.3 .Road is quiet here (normally a busy road and bus route) it's still snowing heavy,it's stuck to the side of lamppost and signs etc as its falling horizontal .Pretty amazing here, I know some of you may think I'm making it up but I'm not ,it's been a great evening lamp post watching .

Sounds like it's hit you guys pretty hard again judging by tweets from police and gritters

Posted

Can you plsssss post some pics? Would love to see it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Can you plsssss post some pics? Would love to see it

im on my phone ,I tried earlier but with no success

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

It's quite something isn't it! I wasn't expecting this at all :) I hope for those further along the coast such as Eastbourne etc that it turns to snow

Posted

Nice 'blob' of heavier ppn just to the South East of me in the latest radar, maybe this will actually provide a few flakes??

The radar really does seem to be giving some strange returns tonight.