Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 21st January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Its stopped here

Dont need a tape measure - im not excited

Snow didnt stick

Posted

Yes, it's pretty wet. My weather station reads +0.1c with a DP of -1.3c. Looking at the Rain Today radar, there is some heavier stuff heading towards our neck of the woods from south-south east of here, but of course it might all fizzle by the time it get here!

AS

Just a touch lower and it can freeze a bit... I'm hoping for another dollop of snow... Since my colleague destroyed my sledge on a difficult piste in priory park with little snow, I want more for a rematch!

Posted

I would like to clear something up about what I said and hopefully draw a line about it. Matt of course is entitled to his opinion, it's just that for me, personally it was too much. Sometimes he said how people were going OTT and how much of a non event this is in three different ways on nearly each page! Today wasn't the first time and I just thought oh no, not again. So no offence Matt, I just found your comments and repetitiveness a little too much. I heard them the first time.

I practically live in that model thread so am very fine about hearing bad news. Just not in that way.

I hope that the arguments can stop now and to the mods, I am sorry about this. I realise I should've just blocked without saying anything.

Didn't even realise you'd commented on my comments so no worries blum.gif I just thought some people were being ridiculous with their predictions which leads to false hope for some and it sounded like they were hope casting rather than forecasting. A big snow event was never on tonight but from some comments you'd think it was. A few places have obviously been lucky and seen a decent dumping though (mainly Surrey by the sounds of it).

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

Got nearly an inch of fresh White stuff so far tonight and it is still snowing heavy , Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by therecoil

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Well, that's my light training over rolleyes.gif

That quick, interesting match-up with Tilly that. ENE (Thames Streamer) you'd be favourite, NE (Mid-Kent Streamer) would make Tilly favourite. If you can send me a brown envelope stuffed with notes, I'll sort out an ENE for you! wink.png

Sorry Tilly.

Tom

Posted

Nothing happening here but I don't think it was ever meant to. Nice to see some people getting another helping though!

Yet Surrey seems to be getting a good dumping. Shows how marginal snow is!

Posted

Take both these with a pinch of salt useless

Both have had moderate ppn over my area for 2 hours and not a single snow grain has fallen post-13916-0-02182400-1358885807_thumb.jpost-13916-0-93702400-1358885817_thumb.j

if your got goggle chrome or fire fox nothing beats this

http://www.rain-alarm.com/?from=firefox2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Got nearly an inch of fresh White stud so far tonight and it is still snowing heavy , Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excuse me? Its not 9 o'clock yet!

Lol,

Tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

On the radar, it shows snow as far as Kingston and Epsom, with it turning to sleet as it heads nw. Dry here currently.

Check your lampost again, snowing in Ealing!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

post-13916-0-08635000-1358887054_thumb.j

The snowman has started to melt

Perhaps you should build the next one vertical???rofl.gif

Posted

Wet snow now stopped

are you sure you got 12cm snow mate....heard lot of melt over your way yeserday...heard only 3cm at end?whistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny or Cold and snowy

had a couple of cm so far now covered everything back up again from Friday's snow - grass all covered - hoping this ends soon - big project on tomorrow and need to be on site not at home!! Don't think the roads are going to be too bad so fingers crossed it's clear between here and Heathrow tomorrow, can't afford another day loss making!

Edited by Wilks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Would think we're pushing an inch now and still snowing hard.