Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 21st January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

nae finally updated

13012300_2118.gif

What direction are we expecting it to move JP?

Posted

I live on the coast, in fact if I lived 50 yards closer to the coast my feet would be wet. It is snowing heavily here.

How much snow have you guys had there of late? Whenever I've looked at the radar (not often as I get too addicted!) you guys seem to have a red clump of showers over you!

Posted

PPVO89.gif?31415

fax update for saturday

very strong south westerly winds

UW120-21.GIF?21-18

gone with the ukmo run

however look at the pm air coming in

12_UKMet_H500_PSL_96_144.gif?31415

maybe a change on the way

not sure i would call this warm

cannot update friday as no charts

Posted

What direction are we expecting it to move JP?

13012306_2118.gif

probably north west

these are a guide only so a radar watch will be needed

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

How much snow have you guys had there of late? Whenever I've looked at the radar (not often as I get too addicted!) you guys seem to have a red clump of showers over you!

odd sleety snow shower here now in hastings ,nothing much .still quite a bit of snow here around 5cms away from the main roads & town .the red clump u mention, to us south easterners is what we refer to as a blob ,all very high tech a lol

Posted

Same as you Nick, not once even seen Moderate Snow this winter, most has been snow grains and not really seen any big flakes either, all a bit dissapointing really.

ANyhow the 7cm from yesterday is doing just fine and has receded back but only to 6cm and is still great for snowballs and snowmen building, no really cold nights yet to really compact that snow.

Looking forward to some really cold frosty nights and with the snow still plentifull in the trees down here some great rime frosts could be had first thing in the mornings if we can get some freezing fog overnight later this week.

We had huge 60p flakes (bigger than 50p ones!) on the morning of December 5, and it gave at least as much snow as we had yesterday - in just a couple of hours or less.

The NAE is nae use to us here in Essex - too far south and west. Looks like that swirling cloud is giving Suffolk a surprise pasting at the moment, and parts of Northern England and Scotland are getting what looks like a North Sea Streamer with showers continuing to pour in off the sea and likely to carry on for some time yet. I bet they could end up with impressive totals by the time it finishes.

Posted

Lol

Wow what an LP

If anything is going to remove Old Stuborn Scandi High thats the fella right there!

Edit: N1 Pete you must have got a lot heavier than us over here then, as we only registered about 3cm from that event, the problem with the 5th December was that the snow started at 730am and screwed with the traffic in Rayleigh (Daughter got sent home as bus would not go down Crown Hill so the School Closed)

Was all but gone by the evening as well

Edited by Paul Sherman

Posted

Lol

Wow what an LP

If anything is going to remove Old Stuborn Scandi High thats the fella right there!

hi mate

its a biggie

note the ukmo raw fax

has 487 dam air mixed in it

might be a warm wind direction but the pm air is not

think were heading for model confusion part 3 million and one rofl.gif

Posted

Hi John

Yh think that is the misplaced PV Isnt it that is trundling across the Atlantic ? Could be wrong about that.

Saturdays Fax already shows the South westerlies trying to or have succeeded in getting in, the High in the Fax does not look that strong to me, looing like we could very well be going for the final week of January back with the SWesterlies.

Dont know what we could get out of such a chart, history shows the North will do well and we will well get wet rofl.gifbad.gif

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

18z GFS has central pressure circa 924mb for t+120 help.gif

Posted

Folks I'm not one to ramp but this event in the SW isn't unfolding as expected, who knows what could happen through the night and tomorrow...

Posted

18z GFS has central pressure circa 924mb for t+120 help.gif

Gotta Love dear old GooFuS.

What do you reckon that Pressure will actually be when that is stuck between Iceland and Ireland. Come on take some guesses everyone.

I reckon that it will be 976mb on Saturday and will be closer to Iceland than it is currently progged!

Posted

Hi John

Yh think that is the misplaced PV Isnt it that is trundling across the Atlantic ? Could be wrong about that.

Saturdays Fax already shows the South westerlies trying to or have succeeded in getting in, the High in the Fax does not look that strong to me, looing like we could very well be going for the final week of January back with the SWesterlies.

Dont know what we could get out of such a chart, history shows the North will do well and we will well get wet rofl.gifbad.gif

looks like it

as you say not a south thing

be fascinated to see what happens if that stalls and pushes back west

also one good thing is i can see high pressure over greenland

note not big yet but maybe something to keep an eye on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Right, results for 1st half of draw then. If you didnt post a final depth I'm afraid you forfeit the match, if I've missed your post, If you post the original, I'll look at it again.

Winners underlined in bold. F/F = Match forfeited. Half/Time depth in brackets. Depths in cms.

Right roll titles and cue music. Got to have apt video, for event. Sorry to those who dont like U2!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8kx8wGRNZX4

6.5 (0) Leigh-on-Sea (E) (PAUL SHERMAN) v. Wickford (E) (DANUK) 0 (DUST) F/F Didnt see Dans final depth anywhere?

F/F (N.M.R) No location? (CWT2012) v. Reigate (Sur) (GREAT PLUM) (7.5) 11.5

7 (0.1) Southend (E) (SHRIMPER) v. South Ockenden (E) (CRAZY DIAMOND) (0.5) 8

F/F (N.M.R) Epping (E) (SWASH) v. Little Wakering (E) (ESSEXGOONER) (0.75) 6

10 (0.6) Ashford (K) (PAUL ASHFORD) v. Bellingham (L) (NANU) (N.M.R) F/F

12.5 (8.5) Ewell (Sur) (AMANZI) v.Hailsham (Sus) (LAWRENK) (3.5) 10.5

7.6 (0.2) Gravesend (K) (ICEBOX) v. Shorne (K) (SHUNTER) (1) 7

9.5 (0.5) Bexleyheath (K) (SNOW RAVEN) v. Romford (E) (ROADRUNNER) (2) 10 (Breaking news, poss. recount B/Heath!)

7 (0) Sittingbourne (K) (JRIGHT35) v.Rayleigh (E) (VESUVIUS) (0) 9

10.6 (N.M.R) Dartford (K) (CHARLTON KERRY) v.Pollards Hills (Sus) (SHANICE) (N.M.R) F/F

F/F (N.M.R) No Location ? (CRAIG23) v. Surrey? (SNOWBOB) (5) 17

16 (9) Thorpe (Sur) (SURREY) v. Uxbridge (L) (TIGHT ISOBAR) (N.M.R) F/F

8 (2.2) Tonbridge (K) (TONBRIDGEMOLE) v. Kent ? (KENT BLIZZARD) (N.M.R ) 8.2

F/F (N.M.R) Silver End (E) (ANITA) v. Shoeburyness (E) (BLACKIE) (0.5) 6

F/F (5) Twickenham (BUZZIT) v. Beckenham (K) (JIMMYH) (N.M.R) 16

8 (0.5) Grays (E) (LEIGHD) v. Barnet (H) (SUBURBAN STREAMER) (9) 15

F/F(N.M.R) Strood (K) (HARDCJ) v.Benfleet (E) (SNOWPRO) (N.M.R) 6

6.5? (10) New Haw (Sur) (JEZZER) v. Surrey ? (LONDON SNOW) (12.6) 18.2 Jezzer, was that a game of two halves?

7.4 (0.5) Basildon (E) (LEWIS028) v. Faversham (K) (TILLY) (0.3) 9.5

14 (4.5) Bromley (K) (LUPIEJAN) v. Rochester (K) (BOAR WINKELSTORM) (N.M.R) F/F. (My home town frighten off B.W!)

14 (N.M.R) Dagenham (E) (GOONERGREG) v. Uckfield (Sus) (TOM JARVIS) (6.5) 16

F/F (dirol.gif Burgess Hill (Sus) (CHIONOMANIAC) v. Kent ? (THROWOFF) (0) 9 Big shock, B.Hill dont propogate out for 2nd half.

6 (N.M.R) Croydon (Sur) (POINTE LA RUE) v. Waltham Abbey (E) (JOHN MAC) (dirol.gif 15

12.3 (5.3) Ongar (E) (JO S) v. Woodford Green (E) (CJ114) (3.5) 9 Jo edges white stiletto derby, by adding heel length to depth.

Will post 2nd half draw results in a while, with news of penalty shoot-outs! No work tomorrow, fortunately!

Cheers,

Tom

Edited by TomSE20

Posted

Gotta Love dear old GooFuS.

What do you reckon that Pressure will actually be when that is stuck between Iceland and Ireland. Come on take some guesses everyone.

I reckon that it will be 976mb on Saturday and will be closer to Iceland than it is currently progged!

here paul check these

939 rofl.gif

Posted

Edit: N1 Pete you must have got a lot heavier than us over here then, as we only registered about 3cm from that event, the problem with the 5th December was that the snow started at 730am and screwed with the traffic in Rayleigh (Daughter got sent home as bus would not go down Crown Hill so the School Closed)

Was all but gone by the evening as well

Yes, we did seem to get more here. My son also lives in Shoebury and works in Basildon. He said the snow was worse here but he goes in early and got hit by the mayhem at the Rayleigh Weir Underpants. Cars just couldn't get up the slope and were sliding into the barrier. I think it took him two or three hours to do what normally takes half an hour.

Looking more closely at the photos I took that morning, I guess we probably had 4-5cm, so maybe a bit less than yesterday. But not bad from such a short event. But, yes, it had gone by later in the day. I am not expecting what we have left here to last more than a couple of days, either. Being so close to the sea, once those temps get much above freezing as I think they will here from tomorrow the melt will speed up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Tom, such a shame my boys didn't come out for the second half. As gaffer you'll understand that I'm desperately disappointed :) many congrats to London Snow for a thoroughly professional second-half display

Posted

F/F (dirol.gif Burgess Hill (Sus) (CHIONOMANIAC) v. Kent ? (THROWOFF) (0) 9 Big shock, B.Hill dont propogate out for 2nd half.

6 (N.M.R) Croydon (Sur) (POINTE LA RUE) v. Waltham Abbey (E) (JOHN MAC) (dirol.gif 15

Sorry Chiono and John Mac, think my font has had a sudden stratospheric warming!

Tom. (Shouldnt let oldies near computer technology!).

Edited by TomSE20

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Right, results for 1st half of draw then. If you didnt post a final depth I'm afraid you forfeit the match, if I've missed your post, If you post the original, I'll look at it again.

Winners underlined in bold. F/F = Match forfeited. Half/Time depth in brackets. Depths in cms.

Right roll titles and cue music. Got to have apt video, for event. Sorry to those who dont like U2!

6.5 (0) Leigh-on-Sea (E) (PAUL SHERMAN) v. Wickford (E) (DANUK) 0 (DUST) F/F Didnt see Dans final depth anywhere?

F/F (N.M.R) No location? (CWT2012) v. Reigate (Sur) (GREAT PLUM) (7.5) 11.5

7 (0.1) Southend (E) (SHRIMPER) v. South Ockenden (E) (CRAZY DIAMOND) (0.5) 8

F/F (N.M.R) Epping (E) (SWASH) v. Little Wakering (E) (ESSEXGOONER) (0.75) 6

10 (0.6) Ashford (K) (PAUL ASHFORD) v. Bellingham (L) (NANU) (N.M.R) F/F

12.5 (8.5) Ewell (Sur) (AMANZI) v.Hailsham (Sus) (LAWRENK) (3.5) 10.5

7.6 (0.2) Gravesend (K) (ICEBOX) v. Shorne (K) (SHUNTER) (1) 7

9.5 (0.5) Bexleyheath (K) (SNOW RAVEN) v. Romford (E) (ROADRUNNER) (2) 10 (Breaking news, poss. recount B/Heath!)

7 (0) Sittingbourne (K) (JRIGHT35) v.Rayleigh (E) (VESUVIUS) (0) 9

10.6 (N.M.R) Dartford (K) (CHARLTON KERRY) v.Pollards Hills (Sus) (SHANICE) (N.M.R) F/F

F/F (N.M.R) No Location ? (CRAIG23) v. Surrey? (SNOWBOB) (5) 17

16 (9) Thorpe (Sur) (SURREY) v. Uxbridge (L) (TIGHT ISOBAR) (N.M.R) F/F

8 (2.2) Tonbridge (K) (TONBRIDGEMOLE) v. Kent ? (KENT BLIZZARD) (N.M.R ) 8.2 (Recount/Stewards Enquiry, Tonbridge)

F/F (N.M.R) Silver End (E) (ANITA) v. Shoeburyness (E) (BLACKIE) (0.5) 6

F/F (5) Twickenham (BUZZIT) v. Beckenham (K) (JIMMYH) (N.M.R) 16

8 (0.5) Grays (E) (LEIGHD) v. Barnet (H) (SUBURBAN STREAMER) (9) 15

F/F(N.M.R) Strood (K) (HARDCJ) v.Benfleet (E) (SNOWPRO) (N.M.R) 6

6.5? (10) New Haw (Sur) (JEZZER) v. Surrey ? (LONDON SNOW) (12.6) 18.2 Jezzer, was that a game of two halves?

7.4 (0.5) Basildon (E) (LEWIS028) v. Faversham (K) (TILLY) (0.3) 9.5

14 (4.5) Bromley (K) (LUPIEJAN) v. Rochester (K) (BOAR WINKELSTORM) (N.M.R) F/F. (My home town frighten off B.W!)

14 (N.M.R) Dagenham (E) (GOONERGREG) v. Uckfield (Sus) (TOM JARVIS) (6.5) 16

12.3 (5.3) Ongar (E) (JO S) v. Woodford Green (E) (CJ114) (3.5) 9 Jo edges white stiletto derby, adding heel length to dpth.

Will post 2nd half draw results in a while, with news of penalty shoot-outs! No work tomorrow, fortunately!

Cheers,

Tom

How comes my match was a Stewards enquiry? I even PM'ed you quite bit before the 9pm deadline lol

Posted

Tom, such a shame my boys didn't come out for the second half. As gaffer you'll understand that I'm desperately disappointed smile.png many congrats to London Snow for a thoroughly professional second-half display

But why did you have less than the 1st half!

Cheers,

Tom

Edited by TomSE20

Posted

How comes my match was a Stewards enquiry? I even PM'ed you quite bit before the 9pm deadline lol

Only joking! Perfectly legit route into 2nd round.

Cheers,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

here paul check these

939 rofl.gif

Everyone thinks as the wind is coming from the south west here, it will be warm, but if your right JP we may be looking at one very big winter storm, will be interesting to see what unfolds here.