Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion 21st January 2103, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,cold,frost,fog,wind,rain

some lying snow in cumbie, but not falling at present. little more than a dusting though, nothing to be too excited about just yet

Posted

As almost always a little bit of altitude will make a big difference. Moderate to heavy snow with a decent cover of snow when leaving Campsie. Still snowing at Kirkintilloch but just lying in patches and by the time I got onto the m 80 just sleet. In Glasgow it's raining.

Posted

I guess the valid from 11am on the metO warning is in relation to Englandshire as it looks like it will be all over shortly.

Posted

Snaw gone aff. Is that it or just a wee cameo appearance?

I plump for "that's it", for the sole reason that I just decided to give it 1hr and leave to go home.

Kiss of Death IMO

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Been heavy snow since I got up at half 7. Was struggling to lie on the road at first but now everything is white.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Snow had just started in Lochgelly at about 6:30am then by the time I got to work in Alloa it was full on and heavy, everywhere has a good white covering. smile.png

Best its been over the whole of this cold period!

Edited by tempestwatch

Posted
  • Location: North Cumbria 160m asl overlooking the Solway coast.
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonally appropriate. Snow - not greedy - good above 1,500' fine
  • Location: North Cumbria 160m asl overlooking the Solway coast.

Fast falling small / medium sized snow here. Road starting to grey up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather!

Been snowing for almost an hour here but getting lighter now. Anyone know what's happening with the forecast? Has it all come early and will now turn to rain or is it meant to snow a lot more later like met office says? I'm confused.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Just an aperitif...

post-7292-0-92541900-1359102525_thumb.gipost-7292-0-14541700-1359102556_thumb.jp

Grrrr. off to work for 12 hrs.

Posted

Been snowing in Braco for a few hours now. Was fine but is now pepping up a bit. The road at the front that had been ploughed is now white again. It certainly looks as though it is on all day.

M...

Posted

Currently dry, 3 c and a fresh to strong S windwhich has melted/dried up most of the 2 inches of snow we had but ground still frozen hard.

Posted

All rain here, however Glasgow Bishopton, despite being a good bit further west, has been reporting 0.1c and heavy snow?

South of Glasgow is rain/sleet but now turning to wet snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

I take it back enjoyed roads being the worst they have been getting out of luncarty this morning although still bit gutted will be rain later then melt melt.....any glimmers in FI?? I'm in meetings until lunch no time to look

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry, cool and sunny

Be snowing here for about an hour. Very small flakes but it is overcast and looks like it is set for all day.

Have around 18 inches of snow so it will be interesting to see how much we end up with as much deeper and our 4x4 will even struggle.

Posted

You can keep your Easterlies! This frontal snow now delivering decent amounts in a short period here in Dundee after starting out very fine and light. Also good to see snow that isnt being blown horizontal for a change!

Posted

GreameB..... Still going!!! coming up on 2" now.

Just took kids in and local roads are lethal, cooncil running around like headless chickens as I bet they listened to Batty Boy and assumed sleet\rain here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Steady moderate snow for last hour here in Dundee and Angus area. Main roads staying wet and clear but fresh covering settling on side roads and pavements. Front seems to have moved in and across the country faster than forecast unless of course this isn't the main show. That said, if we get a break between this front and second band then are temps more likely to rise faster and we get rain mid day onwards?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Snaw peltin doon in Dyce! Started in Kemnay around 7am and seemed to get progressively heavier on my drive to work in Dyce around 8am. As others have suggested this must have come in faster than expected as the forecast on BBC website for our area wasn't suggesting snow until the afternoon and light snow at that. Funnily, yr.no yesterday did suggest Kemnay would see snow starting after 6am.