Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z----->

A.J

Posted

My bedroom overlooks the Bristol channel from magor over to portishead..... the lights from avonmouth and portishead are now dissappearing and the channel getting very grey..... must be a good sighngood.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

I am jealous of all the population of Bath who are currently in my opinion, perfectly place for some heavy snow tonight.

Posted

Interesting, is this just on there NWP generated forecasts or by text? Haven't watched latest BBC Forecasts so will have a look but western extent very much open to question. I will be refreshing my radar hoping for it to reach you and then once it has reached you, i hope it continues its journey west tease.gif

Projected movement on the met reach Cardiff at around 7 pm Swansea 9pm there until tomorrow pretty light by then.

Posted

Has the netweather radar messed up or is the PPN losing intensity/breaking up near the back edge ohmy.png

This is the most recent radar picture. Still looking good for SE wales in particular.

Projected movement on the met reach Cardiff at around 7 pm Swansea 9pm there until tomorrow pretty light by then.

hmmm we will see, a radar watch situation for sure. NMM is way off on meteociel, NAE has been poor and the BBC and Metoffice forecast has been changing constantly.

post-16336-0-45610100-1358875086_thumb.j

Edited by bradythemole

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

It feels bitter here in wind radar shows PPN over us now nothing is falling temp at 1.3c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Yes Bradley it does look good, hope it comes our way!

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

Unrhyw un yn rhagweld y bydd ychydig o eira gyda ni fan hyn mor bell a gweder Abertawe/Llanelli i'r Gorllewin? Dim yn hapus bod y dwyreinwyr baris yn cael yr eira ma o hyd.

Anybody forsee a little snow as far west as say Llanelli/Swansea this evening? Not happy about all you greedy south easteners having the monopoly on snow all the time!

Posted

Here is a couple of temps to show the difference on a very small scale

Cardiff Barrage 1700hrs temp 1.3 dewpoint 0.2

Bute Park 1700hrs temp 0.7 dewpoint -0.7

Distance as the crow flies about 1.25 miles

Posted

yuk the smell coming across the channel from that french gas leak is disgusting, just hope it blows the snow over to me to and not just the smell lol.

Posted

Unrhyw un yn rhagweld y bydd ychydig o eira gyda ni fan hyn mor bell a gweder Abertawe/Llanelli i'r Gorllewin? Dim yn hapus bod y dwyreinwyr baris yn cael yr eira ma o hyd.

Anybody forsee a little snow as far west as say Llanelli/Swansea this evening? Not happy about all you greedy south easteners having the monopoly on snow all the time!

Cytuno'n llwyr! / Agree totally!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

just started snowing here.dont know if its just a shower tho

Posted

Snow stopped here in Hwest now, had a good long heavy band of snow but cleared through now. Im watching precipitation by Swansea and to the south of Swansea developing in the last 15 minutes with the narrow precip band expanding. Main band slowly moving NW into south east wales but it may be a long wait yet before you see anything noteworthy. Precip band moving quickest Newport and East of Newport currently

Edited by bradythemole

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Snow stopped here in Hwest now, had a good long heavy band of snow but cleared through now. Im watching precipitation by Swansea and to the south of Swansea developing in the last 15 minutes with the narrow precip band expanding. Main band slowly moving NW into south east wales but it may be a long wait yet before you see anything noteworthy. Precip band moving quickest Newport and East of Newport currently

The band over swansea you are seeing, nothing is falling dry as a chip here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Oh it stinks outside in Cardiff, damn French!

Posted

no access to pictures just a phone what is it looking like for Bridgend tonight, just a rough idea would be of help Many thanks

Anyone?? wont get to a PC for another two hours so relying on some info from the board, will it reach Bridgend??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Driving me mad the length of time its taking to get here:L Thought it get here between 2-3 didn happen. Still waiting now nearly 6