Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Moderate snow in AberG. Could be interesting again if this continues

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

I hope that line of heavy ppn over Bristol comes our way!

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

Lets hope it's better than this mornings snow, lets have one final farewell before the atlantic hits us later on this week.

.....for January, February looks v.interesting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Light to moderate in my patch at the moment. Starting to stick to cars and the patio despite the earlier thaw. Would like heavier now, please, just to make sure that the kids get another snow day tomorrow.

Hoping to get the sledge out again in the morning, but have to take a child with me. Looks a bit odd without one!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Just been to the shop. The pavements had cleared nicely today in the thaw but now they are very slippery again, take care out there if you're in Cardiff.

Posted

Yes it's as intense as Friday but it won't last as long so accumulations will be low here in Newport..

I dont think so its going to be here all night! Since the last car passed over the road about 20min ago the tracks are already accumulating with snow again! Edited by Panayiotis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold

Snowing heavily enough to begin to cover the road outside.

Posted

The band is heading ever more west, perhaps those from Pont Abraham Eastwards could catch a glimps of this snow?

Posted

I dont think so its going to be here all night! Since the last car passed over the road about 20min ago the tracks are already accumulating with snow again!

Agree!

If this was a regular rain event, i would be looking at this as pretty significant and persistent for my location.

Edited by gareth moo

Posted

I dont think so its going to be here all night! Since the last car passed over the road about 20min ago the tracks are already accumulating with snow again!

I hope you're right. :)

There are reports of light snow in Bristol though! We will have to wait and see what happens with the band

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter Hot and sunny in summer...other is simply boring!!

Yes it's as intense as Friday but it won't last as long so accumulations will be low herde in Newport..

what makes u think it wont last as long? Its due to stay heavy in newport until 3am thats a good 7 hours ....last friday was 5am until 10am so its got to be at least on a par with friday....think we are looking at quicker thaw tho

Posted

I hope you're right. smile.png

There are reports of light snow in Bristol though! We will have to wait and see what happens with the band

Im sorry its just south of Bristol, expect more people in that region to be reporting heavy snow soon!

Posted

what makes u think it wont last as long? Its due to stay heavy in newport until 3am thats a good 7 hours ....last friday was 5am until 10am so its got to be at least on a par with friday....think we are looking at quicker thaw tho

It's meant to stall and pivot over us but the forecasts are just predictions. It could do that but 40 miles to the west and we could then miss out.

In general though, forecasters are not confident about any possibility so it's just watch the radar and see where the PPN goes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail

moderate here

not sticking at all

Posted

Im sorry its just south of Bristol, expect more people in that region to be reporting heavy snow soon!

There's been heavy snow on the Mendips in somerset, to the south of Bristol and heavy stuff to the south and south west of Bath.

Here in North Bristol, near the M4/M5 interchange, it's been mainly moderate snow with some heavier bursts, although at mo quite light.

The snow has v high water content, so guess dew points are v marginal. Settled here to around 2-3 cm but v slushy in parts.

Guess the higher parts, Mendips, etc better quality snow.

Regards BB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Think we will have the 10cm in the Amber zone. It's coming down fast and can't see it stopping for many hours.

Posted

Steady snow now falling in Swansea

Glad you got some Keith!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Good to see some people in that SE corner of Wales getting snow judging by reports it seems to be falling to also quite low levels to which makes sense given the fact dew points are low and falling still.

Chance for a good few more cm in SE Wales where the front is forecast to gradually die away by tomorrow morning:

http://expert-images...012306_2212.gif

Here in Swansea seems as if i'm a bit to far West right on the western edge of the band, one to keep an eye on though as is it may just edge far enough west to produce a slushy covering even here.

Edited by SnowStorm(Jamie)