Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Ah yes just saw ITV weather, dont know where to find the video, but I will show you instead:

Number 1 shows our current situation with the occluded front just to our south,this is what is producing the snow, this then hangs (stalls) around this area until midnight.

Number 2 shows the front pivoting around and gives it the tilt shown, this will mean more snow along those areas until the morning, which then fades out later.

That's right over my house!! Happy days!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: eira mawr yn y gaeaf, braf yn y haf

still light fine flakes in Senghenydd but settling on cars and slowly recovering the road. Needs to get heavier if we're to have decent coverage though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Couple cm on the once wet road!

Posted

can someone make it a sticky about ground too wet and snow not being able to stick, even though that isn't true?

snowing in adamsdown.

What a good idea! Every time someone says it I can feel my blood pressure rising. Where are you Tony H - you need to tell these people - have you given up!blum.gif

Posted

Light snow here not doing much...

Could you make your location visible, it makes me/others find out where it is snowing and not.

Thanks.

Posted

Bbc going with it reaching Cardiff as the most westerly point tho..not expecting much..

looking at the radar and seeing it marching west still at a pace, after reaching Cardiff, think that will be totally wrong. Looking at Derek's chart it shows the snow did not even reach Llantrisant or Pontypridd so what happened? Unless this is going to magically do one, I cannot see how it cannot possibly get to Swansea and beyond.

Posted

you'll probably all think I'm mad - but I'm currently in touch with the welsh assembly about building the 1st PROPER - Ski resort in Wales - hopefully based in the Beacons National Park - will hopefully involve a lovely ski lodge with bar and rooms and live entertainment etc - and some ski lifts - chair and otherwise tow ropes/t bars etc - I'm hopeful That I can get the backing of the 1st minister to create lots of lovely jobs and attract some new visitors to Wales - what d'ya all think - winters like this are gonna be the norm and worse for the next 30 years - so I think this could be the time to get Wales involved properly in the sking industry - Watch This Space! - Anyone want to buy a brand new snowmobile - Let Me Know Tel:- *

i will give a hand with helicopters in case ski lifts break down LOL :)

Posted

If you don't want it, and given the above I can't blame you. Can we have it. good.gif

If any snow comes this way then I'll tell it off and send it in your direction.

Posted

Oh what an amazing site, love it when it says this! The best thing is its not falling at ridiculous time, so that means I can see fall and accumulate!

post-17320-0-50226000-1358881499_thumb.p

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun

It's making its way nicely westwards IMO

Any ideas on us mid-westerners getting more? Still quite a lot of the white stuff about, and a good bit of ppn today. Any advice on this welcomed, still planning for the livestocksearch.gif !

Posted

Serious problems weather wise Somerset Bath etc this should have been a red warning

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

you'll probably all think I'm mad - but I'm currently in touch with the welsh assembly about building the 1st PROPER - Ski resort in Wales - hopefully based in the Beacons National Park - will hopefully involve a lovely ski lodge with bar and rooms and live entertainment etc - and some ski lifts - chair and otherwise tow ropes/t bars etc - I'm hopeful That I can get the backing of the 1st minister to create lots of lovely jobs and attract some new visitors to Wales - what d'ya all think - winters like this are gonna be the norm and worse for the next 30 years - so I think this could be the time to get Wales involved properly in the sking industry - Watch This Space! - Anyone want to buy a brand new snowmobile - Let Me Know Tel:- *

I think you're crazy blum.gif , but nevertheless I'd love if there was a rope tow and ski hire in the Brecons, I'd be there when it snows, absolutely love skiing and can't get enough of it. I think I read somewhere that there was a rope tow operating in the Brecons in the 70s/early 80s but it got killed off by the milder winters from the late 80s and into the 90s. That and cheaper flights to alpine ski resorts.

I wouldn't aim too big though, a rope tow or button lift would be great but the Beacons are never gonna be a ski resort because even if the snow was there all winter long (very unlikely), the mountains simply aren't high enough - where I worked in Alpe d'Huez there were 4 descents that had vertical drops of over 2000m.

Posted

From 2min ago!

post-17320-0-93703400-1358881893_thumb.j

Posted

Its been snowing in monmouth for about an hour now. Its sticking despite a pretty good thaw here today. Roads/ pavements now turning white. The snow currently looks more intense that it did last Friday morning.