Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z------------->

A.J

Posted

The latest nae looks good for us lot, at midnight we are in the heaviest patch according to that , so maybe the radar will pep up to our east ,it's pepping up well to our west , and back building , still very bad hear , whiteout .

Think here in Whitestaunton (800-1000ft in Blackdowns) it's the same. Altitude has meant it's snowed from the outset and Fergieweather's 15-20cm for the Somerset hills is spot on the money by the looks of it

Posted

There are reports on Twitter A35 closed Dorhester to Bridport and the Ridgeway is very icy as per Weymouth has rain.

Right heard enough, I'm off! (Snow pretty heavy now) Cheers for the heads up :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: all weather types!

I cant understand how dorchester/bridport have snow and Poole just has rain? its crazy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Heavy stuff to the north,east and west of Stroud, hopefully the gap will fill with some yellows and reds!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The cold air is wrapping around the shortwave so it brings better requirements for snow to the north and west of the region.

We had our turn of that earlier this afternoon, i couldn't believe how quickly 2cm of snow accumulated!

That aside, i'm still slightly mifffed at no warning for the rain even though i understood how complex this whole situation was with the snow forecast. 29mm has fallen here so far, January has now seen above average rainfall here.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

Currently snowing in west devon, started light a few hours and now getting a tad heavier with around 2cms settled. Weird that there's no participation on the radar where I am, nevermind!! smiliz39.gif

Hoping that lovely bit of heavy stuff continues to drift west from Exeter!!

Hoping it makes it here from Exeter as well. Had a couple of cms on Friday. Rain/sleet/hail ever since. All snow and ice washed away now (apart from Syd our snowman). Just driven through Woolwell and Derriford, they have more snow on the ground than here. Well maybe tonight is our chance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

I cant understand how dorchester/bridport have snow and Poole just has rain? its crazy

A35 is on high ground mate between Bridport and Dorchester and if it is any consolation it is raining in Bridport!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

I can see the radar building to the east again , it's massively intensified to the northwest , back building aswell, but I'm seeing signs of the whole to the east start to fill in , early days yet but it's on the way up again , I await the next few frames in earnest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Been snowing here on/off since 5pm. Some big flakes at times. Only settling on roads/pavements which already have seen snow though. Perhaps some more patchy snow through the night?!

Edited by Mark Neal.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: all weather types!

A35 is on high ground mate between Bridport and Dorchester and if it is any consolation it is raining in Bridport!!

ok mate that makes sense, I was thinking it must be so marginal for that kind of set up. although A35 in places still relatively close to the coast though

Posted

I can see the radar building to the east again , it's massively intensified to the northwest , back building aswell, but I'm seeing signs of the whole to the east start to fill in , early days yet but it's on the way up again , I await the next few frames in earnest.

Sorry for a IMBY question, but would that also include the Frome area?? Cheers

Posted

Ah well, very marginal for here. Shame.

All in all the last week has given us a great event in this area. I was chuffed with our totals on Friday, probably as good as 2010 for me anyway.

If that's all we get this year, and the likelihood is that it is for our area, then I'm chuffed. There have been times where we've gone without snow for years in this area in particular.

Posted

well it's not far away it just may, i wont say the word just in case

Hope so Barry - i was down your way the weekend and we drove thru' on way to, and back from, Kingsbridge.

Guess the hills from Totnes and near to Dartmouth will be getting some.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Day after tomorrow.

Hoping it makes it here from Exeter as well. Had a couple of cms on Friday. Rain/sleet/hail ever since. All snow and ice washed away now (apart from Syd our snowman). Just driven through Woolwell and Derriford, they have more snow on the ground than here. Well maybe tonight is our chance.

That's hail from this morning ,we had hail and thunder and its hung around all day .my road in eggbucland has 3 inc of hail on it .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Sorry for a IMBY question, but would that also include the Frome area?? Cheers

To early to tell yet, thought I saw something but to early yet to tell, may be wrong

Posted

Hope so Barry - i was down your way the weekend and we drove thru' on way to, and back from, Kingsbridge.

Guess the hills from Totnes and near to Dartmouth will be getting some.

yea nice drive we do that every week when we go over to sainsbury has to be the best way to go shopping

Posted

snowing since 4.30ish, 50p size flakes at times, settled on the minor roads and covered all the footprints left in the last load of snow from Friday . bit sleety now temp barely above 0.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

As per my MetOffice app we have moved from heavy snow to light.. Looking at the radar I think we are treated to a break. I suspect really that is all the snow now for us in Newbury. The main heavier ppn seems pivoting around Somerset and Devon as rightly suggested by Ian F. Am happy though a nice wee covering to top us up. All this weather watching has made me so very sleepy so on that note I bid you all good night ..sleep tight.

Edit .. Maybe more moderate snow than light... According to the lamppost :)

Edited by Polar Bear