Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

ok mate that makes sense, I was thinking it must be so marginal for that kind of set up. although A35 in places still relatively close to the coast though

A35 over Askers hill well known for snow closures high ground

Posted

ITV national news just had a 20 second news item on the snow but didnt refer to any particular area.

Obviously, as it's not really affecting London and south east tonite compared to more serious situ in some of our region, the rest of us arent that important!

Posted

ITV national news just had a 20 second news item on the snow but didnt refer to any particular area.

Obviously, as it's not really affecting London and south east tonite compared to more serious situ in some of our region, the rest of us arent that important!

Usually how it goes!! Still snowing here... And on that note, I bid you farewell for the night!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

What about BBC news they should be mentioning it now? I couldn't stay up any longer. Think they were going to discuss it...

Posted

Not a flake has fallen over my area Barnstaple/Landkey. Hard to be believe looking at the radar, we have had nothing not even rain since 1300 hours. Temps still well up here. Just goes to show how hit and miss it is.

kaz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

What about BBC news they should be mentioning it now? I couldn't stay up any longer. Think they were going to discuss it...

They showed John Kay on the mendips and he looked like a snowman! People abandoning cars and flakes looked huge.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Hmmm, I'm still at work just down the road at Piddlehinton, best go and check as don't fancy getting stuck here for the night!

Within minutes postiing settling on road stopped,,,,,,,,,,,,Why always stop when get interesting

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Does anyone know where that front is heading? East or north east??

Edited by Beast of Dartmoor

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

About an inch of fresh, very wet snow lying here about 20 minutes ago, temperature still just above 0°C. Estate roads covered, but very slushy.

Report of an accident on the A37 just out of Yeovil with cars getting stuck, but road not closed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

I'll take back what I said earlier as the drive home was white, only a thin covering but still snowing although wet temp imby 0.3c with dew point of 0.2c

Posted

BBC just had a huge report on the snow in Somerset (Mendips).

Posted

More or less stopped in north Hampshire. We got an extra 3cm of snow. Want it to stop completely now as it is getting a bit sleety.

Posted

It seems to be pivoting Anti Clockwise round the low pressure. I'd say West / North West.

Brilliant! I might have to stay up to see if the snow marches into my neck of the woods then! Main band heading up from Exeter hopefully!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

The ppn in the gap to the east and south east looks to be moving a lot quicker than the main band to the north, could we get a kind of "piling up" of the energy as it hits the stalling main band and all spins south west??

Just a though, wishful thinking!

Posted

I'll take back what I said earlier as the drive home was white, only a thin covering but still snowing although wet temp imby 0.3c with dew point of 0.2c

Do you know the model of your weather station id like to compare to my vantage vue as i have a feeling the humidity might be off yours seems quite accurate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

What an enjoyable drive in the snow that was, not!, got caught up in the travel chaos up near Bristol airport lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

What do people think about those showers over Poole moving NW?

Weather Radar - Live UK Rainfall Radar - Netweather.tv

Posted

Brilliant! I might have to stay up to see if the snow marches into my neck of the woods then! Main band heading up from Exeter hopefully!

I was just looking at the radar.. It does seem to be knocking on the door for us, just needs to stop fizzling out when it reaches us which it has done all day :)

kaz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW GALES LIGHTNING

What an enjoyable drive in the snow that was, not!, got caught up in the travel chaos up near Bristol airport lol

lol it was fun geting to see cars left one after the other lolgood.gifgood.gifgood.gifgood.gifgood.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

What do people think about those showers over Poole moving NW?

Weather Radar - Live UK Rainfall Radar - Netweather.tv

I've been keeping an eye on that as they are now seemingly heading my direction. I'm currently in the white blob in the middle of the system.