Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z------------->

A.J

Posted

What do people think about those showers over Poole moving NW?

Weather Radar - Live UK Rainfall Radar - Netweather.tv

Not sure if they'll move NW enough but could be wrong.

I'm more interested in what looks like renewed activity along the M4 corridor to west of London and to south of reading. Follow the 'loop' and it seems there could be back-build that gives more energy to stuff to the East.

And then heads our way and into S Wales.

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted

I was just looking at the radar.. It does seem to be knocking on the door for us, just needs to stop fizzling out when it reaches us which it has done all day :)

kaz

I'm not going to hold my breath but would be really nice of it did pay us a little visit! Friday was a bit of a let down as nothing settled in town centre. Yeah today hasn't been too good has it, I was in Instow earlier and the windchill was nasty!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Not sure if they'll move NW enough but could be wrong.

I'm more interested in what looks like renewed activity along the M4 corridor to west of London and to south of reading. Follow the 'loop' and it seems there could be back-build that gives more energy to stuff to the East.

Ah yes I see however it seems fairly light?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

It seems to be pivoting Anti Clockwise round the low pressure. I'd say West / North West.

Sorry, thats what I meant!! Thanks Jackone.

Posted

Ah yes I see however it seems fairly light?

Yeah you're prob right, me just clutching at straws.

Seems to be some heavier stuff leaving Somerset heading for S Wales though.

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Do you know the model of your weather station id like to compare to my vantage vue as i have a feeling the humidity might be off yours seems quite accurate.

Yes it is one of those cheaper models £49 Lidl make Auriol, got to say when I compare my stats with METO Filton they are the same.

Posted

What an enjoyable drive in the snow that was, not!, got caught up in the travel chaos up near Bristol airport lol

What's it like up there. I live about 2 miles away but it's just slush down here in the valley. I guess it is carnage up on the a38?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Hours of wet snow. suddenly starts settle, then suddenly stop another hour would been great

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

lol it was fun geting to see cars left one after the other lolgood.gifgood.gifgood.gifgood.gifgood.gif

Was certainly fun, still cars stuck on the mendips apparently, lucky we changed are minds and didn't try to go up there tonight!

Posted

What's it like up there. I live about 2 miles away but it's just slush down here in the valley. I guess it is carnage up on the a38?

Carnage is an understatement lol, it's mayhem, abandoned cars everywhere too! we were stuck up there for ages before a gritter finally turned up, traffic heading down the hill was still queued back along way!

Posted

Come on snow, just follow the North Devon Link road that little bit further and stop!

Hubby just said they have got a guy to come in up chip board just to sit there all night and clear any snow.. The way its going he is going to be sat there all night doing nothing..

Dont forget there are traffic lights on the link road so it might get held up rofl.gif

kaz

Posted

I am happy for everyone who has had snow :-). Just a bit gutted myself :-(. Onwards and upwards eh?!!!!!

Posted

Hubby just said they have got a guy to come in up chip board just to sit there all night and clear any snow.. The way its going he is going to be sat there all night doing nothing..

Dont forget there are traffic lights on the link road so it might get held up rofl.gif

kaz

Lol yeah! It did stall for quite a while but looks like its moving further westwards now, almost at South Molton. There's not as many traffic lights on the link road as there is in Barnstaple, I wonder what it will do IF it gets here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Seems there is a lull in somerset? Is this going to pivot round and give us a second bite of the cherry? met office forecast heavy snow from 3am again for me I do hope so tease.gif

One of ians re-tweets would sugest so..

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

So do I Mullender! Wells has sweet nothing!

Posted

Lol yeah! It did stall for quite a while but looks like its moving further westwards now, almost at South Molton. There's not as many traffic lights on the link road as there is in Barnstaple, I wonder what it will do IF it gets here!

Its like watching paint dry.. Temps have now gone to 1c Its moving so slow. IT seems to get to Landkey and go round back up the link road. pluss its just fizzling out as it reaches us due to it moving so slow

kaz

Edited by kaz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Snowing again here. Some big 20p flakes lasting few minutes trying to settle on wet surfaces though gone back to a few flakes in wind now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Looks like Somerset, Gloucestershire and Worcestershire have been the sweet spots todaygood.gif

Posted

Still snowing here too, quite big flakes as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

snowing lightly here, as it has been since the earlier heavier burst this evening....As to how much snow?....well I don't know, it's far too cold & late to venture outside, but a glance out of the windows tell me that everything is white again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Looks like Somerset, Gloucestershire and Worcestershire have been the sweet spots todaygood.gif

West somerset is certainly taking a pounding but could do with some more to come round on east and central areas. clapping.gif