Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: all weather types!

rain in poole dorset as it has been for the past 2/3 hours............no surface snow left

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I'm not long from going to bed but I thought I'd re-issue fergieweathers info from earlier should you not have seen it. I would also add IMHO there is some expectation for parts of inland Devon and Cornwall to also join in the snowy fun over the coming hours. good.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Primary concern now uplands W Somerset and Forest of Dean. Decent break now across many central areas extending west, but potential for more to follow later behind. I'm quite hopeful situation for main urban areas (e.g. Bristol) will now be largely improving, not least given wet snow story and vehicular traffic helping to clear it in next couple of hours before it all falls quieter. Morning rush might well be fine for these areas, but story over parts of Mendips Plateau and other uplands will be far less pretty for travellers. Next major issue will be into weekend as rapid thaw, with heavy rain too, conspires to bring flooding issues. Could get pretty bad for some (again). But at least the freeze gets swept-aside very readily, so the scope of transport/services disruption of late will ease.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Snow settling now covering on roads,

Posted

Anyone see the death ray being shot out of Holland at London on the raintoday radar? I tell you those Dutch are gonna invade!

Posted

Light snow here but thaw seems to be setting in.

Snow now sliding off cars and the drip drip from my house gutters is increasing.

Devon - more snow to come i reckon for next hour or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe t/ storms, rain, snow, wind!

Still snowing here...couple of inches on ground.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

ever such light sleet here no doubt be gone in a mo

Posted

Anyone see the death ray being shot out of Holland at London on the raintoday radar? I tell you those Dutch are gonna invade!

Yeah noticed that. Been keeping an eye on it but there was similar pulse around Brighton but that seems to be breaking up as it hits the Downs to north of Brighton.

Guess there's some topography issues for some areas tonite.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

The latest nae looks good for us lot, at midnight we are in the heaviest patch according to that , so maybe the radar will pep up to our east ,it's pepping up well to our west , and back building , still very bad hear , whiteout .

Posted

Anybody reckon North Devon might get some snow fun at lower levels? All I've seen today is rain! :(

Edited by Olly

Posted

Snow settling now covering on roads,

Hmmm, I'm still at work just down the road at Piddlehinton, best go and check as don't fancy getting stuck here for the night!

Posted

Gloucester getting hammered!!! Dry 8 miles away in Stroud, jealous, lol.

Was expecting it to be the other way round with your elevation but this keeps intensifying as it hits the valley here

- though I would think the Forest of Dean is getting a real beating judging from radar.

I am not much above sea level here yet its hammered it down relentlessly for a couple of hours.

Shame ground was so wet to begin with but its an even coating everywhere and even main roads are covered.

God help us if it ices over later in the clear slots forecast !

Be careful out there !

John in Gloucester (Quedgeley - low down)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Sleet, sleet, sleet. Thaw continues. 1.2C, DP 0.5C, Wind NE 2bft, pressure still 1000 mb.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: all weather types!

yep so much potential earlier washed away thats being on the coast for you temp 1.8c

Snow all gone now, tbh its probably not a bad thing it wasnt ever going to be heavy and enjoybale here. Id rather it be clear and safe here rather than thin slushy slippery ice

Posted

It is still snowing heavily here in Axminster, I dont have access to temperatures but I was looking out of my window and there was some dripping from some mesh stood against the fence, suddenly the snow got heavier and in front of my eyes the drips just froze into mini icicles.

Posted

Just put the bins out & it's still raining here, at least the rain didn't get rid of our laying snow, that was gone by the weekend anyway fool.gif

Posted

Currently snowing in west devon, started light a few hours and now getting a tad heavier with around 2cms settled. Weird that there's no participation on the radar where I am, nevermind!! smiliz39.gif

Hoping that lovely bit of heavy stuff continues to drift west from Exeter!!