Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 23z------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Hi guys, am in yorkshire at mums at the moment, chucking it down woth snow.

post-13809-0-51403100-1359146110_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Video, just now. Nice to extend my snow fix, but it will be milder here soon to and all melting sunday i reckon just in time for drive back to frome. Icicles hanging off to.

trim.LlHHXQ.MOV

Edited by offerman

Posted

I didn't think I would see you guys 'til next winter but it snowed here today. Not for long, but it was proper big snowflakes. It was nice to see and I said a proper goodbye and a thank you to the weather gods. :D

Don't get me wrong, this isn't a negative post, I have had my snow and as far as I am concerned, bring on the spring! Nothing nicer than light evenings, getting the fire going outside for warmth and a cheeky glass of wine as the nights draw out.

Posted

Absolutely torrential rain in Exeter. Horrendous surface water. Met Office App showing light showers. Can't help thinking someone should put their head out of a window.

rain today also has both Exeter and Axminster as light rain but its torrential not light!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Pouring down with rainbad.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

I didn't think I would see you guys 'til next winter but it snowed here today. Not for long, but it was proper big snowflakes. It was nice to see and I said a proper goodbye and a thank you to the weather gods. biggrin.png

Don't get me wrong, this isn't a negative post, I have had my snow and as far as I am concerned, bring on the spring! Nothing nicer than light evenings, getting the fire going outside for warmth and a cheeky glass of wine as the nights draw out.

You just MIGHT be back in couple of weeks,,,,,,,,,,,,Then there will be summer storms,, And never know Heat Wave temp watch, So keep your Admission ticket, You'll be back

Posted

Well, the PPN has arrived and it is rain, not a sign of a snow flake, the fat lady is in full voice, its been a good week tho

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Well I think it is raining here in Newbury.. Can't see any snow flakes under the lampost.. It is a little blustery too. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Pouring with rain here. Very powerful gusts as well. What a difference a week makes!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather...heavy snow and heat waves

Can't be arsed to talk about rain for the next 10 months and the sun we will never get....so see you next winter everyone xxx

Posted

Very windy here, actually feels colder than it has all week with the wind chill.

No sign of next winter spell in the models at the moment.

Posted

Nearly 12 degrees here and belting it down. Going to buy some waders tomorrow (not joking) cos we're going to be a bit soggy for the next week or so.

Wind has got up too.

(And not even a flake of dandruff these past couple of weeks! Boo hoo)

Posted

Pouring with rain here. Very powerful gusts as well. What a difference a week makes!!

Yep ' Week in weather terms very long time, Have to see what rest winter brings

Posted

Nearly 12 degrees here and belting it down. Going to buy some waders tomorrow (not joking) cos we're going to be a bit soggy for the next week or so.

Wind has got up too.

(And not even a flake of dandruff these past couple of weeks! Boo hoo)

Head and Shoulders must be working thenacute.gif Edited by cerneman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Having read a few of the posts above saying winter over and see you next year I thought I would ask what everybody expects and or hopes for in February?

Personally I would like nothing more than a cold month with drier weather ie a blocked pattern and a bonus would be blocked with a east, north or north east feed. I am fed up to the back teeth of rain and as an allotment holder a repeat of 2012 would be awful. This cold spell has been ok as I said before 5/10 but I yearn ice days and hard frosts so here is hoping the more cleverer people on netweather are correct and February brings us lots of cold blocked weatherclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

In the meantime I fear we will be seeing more pictures of idiots going down streets on canoes just to get on tvdiablo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Looking at the FAX charts and pressure patterns over the next few days, it screams Squall lines, heafty downpours and thundery showers.

For convective fans, it could be quite an interesting few days coming up.

Posted

Having read a few of the posts above saying winter over and see you next year I thought I would ask what everybody expects and or hopes for in February?

Personally I would like nothing more than a cold month with drier weather ie a blocked pattern and a bonus would be blocked with a east, north or north east feed. I am fed up to the back teeth of rain and as an allotment holder a repeat of 2012 would be awful. This cold spell has been ok as I said before 5/10 but I yearn ice days and hard frosts so here is hoping the more cleverer people on netweather are correct and February brings us lots of cold blocked weatherclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gifSome really settled cold with frosty nights,[ Odd snow shower would be nice] But we really need some dry weather, The river here is actually Chalk stream that can walk through knee high in places, Few Weeks back was so high and fast , couple people Kayaking in full gear, and the managed very well to go quite distance

In the meantime I fear we will be seeing more pictures of idiots going down streets on canoes just to get on tvdiablo.gif

Edited by cerneman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Ah yes, some convection will make up for the lack of snow. good.gif However, I guess tomorrows rainband after tonights rain will result in an awful lot of flooding. Expect saturated news coverage of this over the coming days, if you pardon the pun. whistling.gifwallbash.gif

The current radar confirms this, if really needed. Before seeing this, I was hopeful of a rather slow thaw but alas, that will not be happening. Stand by your rain gauges folks. help.gif

post-7183-0-16634500-1359149898_thumb.pn

The only current SNOW of interest is falling over Central parts of the UK from Manchester Eastwards and in Scotland.

Our climate seemingly going from one extreme to the other once again.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunder

Torrential rain here, came across a landslide in my lanes due to the rain so was forced to turn around and go home the long way -.-

Edited by George

Posted

Torrential rain here, came across a landslide in my lanes due to the rain so was forced to turn around and go home the long way -.-

Gets us one way or another