Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 23z------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Looks like rain for most of the country so rapid thaw, just seen someone from Midalnds posted in mod thread asking why it was raining as weather forecast had said snow.rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Met Office have extended the warning of Snow Southwards and I'm just on the boundary...

Something they know?

SM

When for exactly? Only way this situation is trending is towards a rapid thaw as others have suggested. Either that report is well out of date or they are ignoring the reports from observations from folk such as us. rofl.gif

2.4c AT with a massive 2c DP now and plenty of rain to come. According to the current radar image, you would pretty much have to travel up to North of Derby to see any snow falling now, bar a few snowflakes for a while out East. search.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: what's the bloody point when you live in Britain

Met Office have extended the warning of Snow Southwards and I'm just on the boundary...

Something they know?

SM

How far south mate? I can't seem to get on to the met office site. Is hammering it down here in Warminster (rain that is!)

Posted

Something they know?

SM

Yes they have at 20.43.....all a bit odd ...yakking down with rain here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

That wind has certainly become noticeable recently. Blowing a hooly out there. Looks like a windy weekend too both at the surface;

post-12721-0-46335600-1359152257_thumb.j

And 1500m above us;

post-12721-0-20779400-1359152289_thumb.j

Tight isobars and milder upper air temps mean one thing. The Atlantic is well and truly back;

post-12721-0-93565300-1359152335_thumb.j

Edited by AWD

Posted

The only current SNOW of interest is falling over Central parts of the UK from Manchester Eastwards and in Scotland.

Our climate seemingly going from one extreme to the other once again.

Yes indeedy, take a looks at this, from around Manchester... Looks a bit snowy:

post-18937-0-63977300-1359152195_thumb.j

Posted

Having read a few of the posts above saying winter over and see you next year I thought I would ask what everybody expects and or hopes for in February?

Personally I would like nothing more than a cold month with drier weather ie a blocked pattern and a bonus would be blocked with a east, north or north east feed. I am fed up to the back teeth of rain and as an allotment holder a repeat of 2012 would be awful. This cold spell has been ok as I said before 5/10 but I yearn ice days and hard frosts so here is hoping the more cleverer people on netweather are correct and February brings us lots of cold blocked weatherclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

In the meantime I fear we will be seeing more pictures of idiots going down streets on canoes just to get on tvdiablo.gif

I really couldn't agree more. Would love to have some nice entrenched cold, giving us hard frosts and ice days as you say. I would also love to have a dry spell! Yes, I'm saying no snow either!! It would give things a chance to dry out, and there nothing better than dry, frosty days!

On another note guys, on Matt Hugo's twitter, someone tweeted saying 8cm of snow in an hour, they were somewhere around Leeds... 8cm! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

This comes as part of my NW Extra Full Subscription so I shouldn't be duplicating this, however it clearly paints a picture of the twelve hours from midnight onwards for my location. You can see the wind is forecast to back around come 4am and the AT will drop as a consequence. There will at no time however, be Dew points condusive for production of SNOW.

Next 48 hour Forecast for RG14

Sat 26/01 AM 00:00 01:00 02:00 03:00 04:00 05:00 06:00 07:00 08:00 09:00 10:00 11:00

Temperature 2.6°C 3°C 3.2°C 3.2°C 3.9°C 3.1°C 2.6°C 2.1°C 1.7°C 2°C 2.9°C 4.3°C

Ground Temp 1.2°C 1.6°C 1.8°C 1.8°C 2.3°C 1.8°C 1.4°C 1.1°C 0.9°C 2°C 3.5°C 5°C

Air Pressure 997.9 mb 998.1 mb 998.5 mb 999 mb 1001.1 mb 1003 mb 1004.2 mb 1005.6 mb 1006.8 mb 1007.9 mb 1008.7 mb 1008.8 mb

Wind 22mph 19.2mph 12.4mph 5.7mph 16.2mph 18.8mph 18.2mph 15.6mph 13.5mph 13.5mph 13mph 12.4mph

Gust 28 mph 23 mph 23 mph 27.1 mph 35.1 mph 36.2 mph 34 mph 31.8 mph 27.1 mph 28.6 mph 26.4 mph 24.4 mph

Wind Chill -3°C -3°C -1°C 1°C -1°C -2°C -3°C -3°C -3°C -3°C -2°C 0°C

Dewpoint 2.6°C 3°C 3.2°C 3.2°C 3.9°C 3.1°C 2.6°C 2.1°C 1.7°C 1.6°C 2°C 2.7°C

Humidity 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 97% 94% 89%

Cloud Cover 100% 100% 100% 100% 99% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100%

Rainfall 0.86 mm 0.37 mm 0.33 mm 0 mm 0 mm 0 mm 0 mm 0 mm 0 mm 0 mm 0 mm 0 mm

(Moderate) (Light) (Light) (None) (None) (None) (None) (None) (None) (None) (None) (None)

Forecast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Gottolovethisweather, here is another pic from now, very gery heavy snow with large flakes

post-13809-0-88360300-1359152519_thumb.j

post-13809-0-38969100-1359152545_thumb.j

post-13809-0-33995200-1359152588_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Serious rain here, 8.8mm in the last hour 18mm since 6:30pm.

font made larger for easier readability

Posted

*Stands up*

I am a sun lover, I love the thrill of forecasting snow, I love to make snowmen, I love having a snowball fight, but in the short term only. My ideal weather is loads of snow, a quick thaw and then sunshine. I'm not a coldie, I'm a hottie.

On a sunny day I sit in the garden, drink wine and worship the sun, even if I need to wear layers to do so. My SAD box is my life save. I hate going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark. I LOVE sunshine. If snow is on the ground and the sun is shining then I am happy.

I am planning on Lanzarote in 2 weeks time, I need sunshine.

There, I have admitted it! biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Being hooning it down with rain here all afternoon, but the snow has hung on pretty well strangley. Still on the grass. Pavements clear now.

Posted

Gottolovethisweather, here is another pic from now, very gery heavy snow with large flakes

Now? tease.gif

Stop pulling my leg.

Courtesy of Weather online.

post-7183-0-76128600-1359153338_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

*Stands up*

I am a sun lover, I love the thrill of forecasting snow, I love to make snowmen, I love having a snowball fight, but in the short term only. My ideal weather is loads of snow, a quick thaw and then sunshine. I'm not a coldie, I'm a hottie.

On a sunny day I sit in the garden, drink wine and worship the sun, even if I need to wear layers to do so. My SAD box is my life save. I hate going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark. I LOVE sunshine. If snow is on the ground and the sun is shining then I am happy.

I hear ya girl!! I 'came out' on here a little while ago as a summer person, don't mind a bit of snow but I yearn for sun and warmth. Hope we don't get stoned by the coldies biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Its been p.. p... p... pi... pi... er.... piddling it down here this evening with the wind whipping around the house. A bit exposed to the elements here. Any signs of anything drier in the models? I haven't checked for a couple of days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

*Stands up*

I knew someone would crack, Hold on soon be on your holiday

post-18298-0-50893400-1359153665_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Im serious, its chucking it down, i did mention earlier in the post if you read the other one that i said im in s.yorks, but it should all melt for journey back to frome on sunday. Not pulling your leg it is snowing hard, pick rit now

post-13809-0-48165500-1359153690_thumb.j

Posted

I hear ya girl!! I 'came out' on here a little while ago as a summer person, don't mind a bit of snow but I yearn for sun and warmth. Hope we don't get stoned by the coldies biggrin.png

*high fives*

We've had our snow and now it can sod off.

If you believe in Chinese horoscopes then read next years, it's all about sun, fun and happiness. Last year was all about flooding, sadness and badness.

I'm not a superstitious person, in fact I thought it was all nonsense, until I read the Chinese stuff.

Posted

*Stands up*

Nice editing there GTLTW ;) (have a look at the original post daisy, if the quote hasn't picked it up!)I'm sort of with you! But I love the snow aswell. I love having lying snow for days, but I also really love sunshine, mix the two together.... You don't quite get the perfect mix, as I love warmth with the sun!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

It's peeing with rain in Borehamwood, not saying how I know that whistling.gif

You been watching CBB blum.gif