Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion 22/01/13 23z ------>

A.J

Posted

Only small patches of snow remain here, paths have been awfully treacherous today though.

I miss the snow already!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Yeah, I miss it already too.

But the tidy person in me wants all these dirty slushy patches gone, ready for us to have a lovely new snowfall!

Soon please?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Such a big difference in snow cover from tamworth and lichfield, much less snow there

bit like wildwood and town centre areas, way less lower down 80m asl town way, mild air kind of here now, 2.8C, thaw been slow but will be speeding up like mad

Posted

Atlantic getting back in good and proper now. Within 24 hours of the cold spell ending, the 2nd bout of heavy rain is on our doorstep.

Posted

Atlantic getting back in good and proper now. Within 24 hours of the cold spell ending, the 2nd bout of heavy rain is on our doorstep.

I wouldnt say it ended 24 hours ago? still had thick ice/snow everywhere up to midday with temp -1.8C at 7am, 0nly 0.8C at midday, its ending now really, say 6pm on 26th Jan, temp upto 3.0C

Posted

I wouldnt say it ended 24 hours ago? still had thick ice/snow everywhere up to midday with temp -1.8C at 7am, 0nly 0.8C at midday, its ending now really, say 6pm on 26th Jan, temp upto 3.0C

There appears to be a real north/south divide with regards to the temperatures in the Midlands at present, which probably explains why those mostly to the north of Birmingham saw snow last night whilst the rest of us mostly experienced rain and sleet. We got up to a sweltering 6.5c earlier this afternoon.

PS congratulations sir on your 5,000th post!

hi.gif

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan

Posted

There appears to be a real north/south divide with regards to the temperatures in the Midlands at present, which probably explains why those mostly to the north of Birmingham saw snow last night whilst the rest of us mostly experienced rain and sleet. We got up to a sweltering 6.5c earlier this afternoon.

PS congratulations sir on your 5,000th post!

hi.gif

Bish

thanks Bish, gosh 5000 posts, many (inc me) would say mostly drivel!

Posted

For you, no it didn't end last night ...for us, it was all over by 7pm last night when it was clear that the rain was setting in!

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

About 11c here today.... laugh.png

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

11c would be wonderful with some sunshine!

Never mind...if nothing interesting happens in February, then by months end, the squally 'anything goes' shower season will be close!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

My thoughts...a great spell in Stoke-on-Trent...the deepest snow since I moved here 5 years ago. I'm pretty sure last nights snow goes down as the most epic I've come across, originally coming from Solihull.

As a few people have reflected...it was never bone chilling cold apart from the first Friday snow event when the wind was ice cold.

For me personally...we've had snow on the ground since Jan 14th...so near enough 2 weeks which is always a bonus. The first Friday event was fantastic...proper powder snow and so light on the ground. Caused chaos and I'll never forget that evening.

A few top up showers and bands since leading up the epic battleground last night...a weird mix of ice/sleet/snow initally and then just fantastic big snow...the wet kind mind.

Two different events, a week apart but both superb. And that is it. The roads are a slushy mess now...deep slush is not good! It was a quiet drive to work this morning...the car was scrapping the snow underneath.

So for me 8/10...just never had the low temps we had in Dec 2010 and longer snow cover then but we never had it that deep.

Posted

It's literally all gone barring a few slush patches. Just walked to the shop. Looks really weird seeing a normal landscape.

Posted

Still a lot of snow cover here. But bring on the rain! Just walked the dog and the pathways around here are in a disgusting, slippy mess. Just want rid of it!

Posted

Still a lot of snow cover here. But bring on the rain! Just walked the dog and the pathways around here are in a disgusting, slippy mess. Just want rid of it!

Not the rain that thaws the paths, its the milder temps, when mild I want it dry

same here with paths but I like slush/ice part of winter, of course i prefer powdery snow by a mile

Posted

Just spotted a light snow symbol in our BBC online forecast for tomorrow night. Met Office have a sleet symbol in their's.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

THunderstorms over Wales this evening would you believe! They may hold for you people?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

THunderstorms over Wales this evening would you believe! They may hold for you people?

Wouldn't mind adding that to the other weather events this January! :D

Posted

Absolutely tipping it down outside. Plenty of our snow survived the deluge last night, but it won't be around for much longer!

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

An almost tropical 5.8oC here, light rain, very windy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

tumblr_m1vknqkfDX1qeyt27o1_500.gif