Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion 22/01/13 23z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Just rain here, snow cover is vastly disappearing. Icy out though

got rain here too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

8 inches level now and 10 inches in drifts. Insane.

And again this snow is heavier yet the radar suggests it shouldn't be. Earlier with the white pulses we didn;t have much.

Posted

Sort of nice to have rain again and to be able to see the ground and to not have to worry about how i'm gonna get to work.

Wouldn't say no to another cold spell this winter though biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

Still no snow for us in Polesworth, not even sleet, which seems really strange as Tamworth a few miles away have snow now. Wonder if it'll change now. Radar says it should be literally bucketing it down right now but it's just light icy rain. Wonder if ice pellets are making the radar look more intense than it should?

Posted

how much of that is from today?

Hard to say... I reckon about 3 inches at least today..maybe more. We have had snow on the ground since Mon 14th Jan.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Sort of nice to have rain again and to be able to see the ground and to not have to worry about how i'm gonna get to work.

Well i'm never trusting another NAE or UKMO chart in a borderline scenario ever again. If the GFS says rain/sleet but NAE and UKMO say snow... The GFS will be correct. This is about the 3rd time in 4 Winters this has happened now. NAE and Met-O ramp up 5-10cm of snow for our region... GFS says "Nah, forget about it, sleet at best" and the GFS gets it bang on.

Posted

Hard to say... I reckon about 3 inches at least today..maybe more. We have had snow on the ground since Mon 14th Jan.

Just checked...4 inches from this evening alone where it had melted away completely at the side of the house. Snow started to get lighter now..radar showing the front nearly cleared over Wales.

Posted

Just checked...4 inches from this evening alone where it had melted away completely at the side of the house. Snow started to get lighter now..radar showing the front nearly cleared over Wales.

ahh nice one mate, hope you enjoy it while you can... as for me about 1cm now

Posted

Fairplay, thats good going that. i think i i hadt had an hour of torrential rain here first i would have had 4 instead of two inches. :)

Posted

Slightly higher altitude here as on top of a hill as it were...so probably done better than some parts of the city for depths. Seen some bad images tonight though of people stuck.

Posted

really light sleety drizzly stuff here now. need the front to clear off and freeze now, else its going to melt all me fresh! :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Fog, Thunderstorms

It really is amazing looking at some of these traffic cameras going towards Shrewsbury on the M54 and North from Birmingham towards Stafford/Stoke. There appears to be a well defined snow line: http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/birmingham

Take a look around Sheffield too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

i was getting worried fella

Posted

Was initially snow for first half an hour this evening and then turned to sleet.

Now it's sleet but more towards rain now.

The predictions of it being mostly snowfall tonight here wasn't correct. It appears some places have got significant snow tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

And so the flooding begins. M5 southbound closed between J25 & 26 in Somerset near Taunton due to flooding.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

And so the flooding begins. M5 southbound closed between J25 & 26 in Somerset near Taunton due to flooding.

somerset and wales ill edge my bets on for some bad flooding tommorow, p.s you down there for good or you moving back to stourbridge any time soon? Edited by Staffordshire

Posted

Was only ever rain here all night.

A lot of snow already washed away.

Roll on the next cold spell.

Posted

somerset and wales ill edge my bets on for some bad flooding tommorow, p.s you down there for good or you moving back to stourbridge any time soon?

Flooding reported in pembrokeshire already too.

moderate persistant rain/ice pellets here now, threatening to melt all my fresh snow! Grrrrrrr

Edited by snowyblast

Posted

Well the BBC really messed up the forecast tonight. blum.gif

I bet people were eating tea expecting inches, ooops...

Edited by Adzyy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

hi guys. well the end, didn't go off with a bang this cold sbell we mostly had rain with some sleet here and we r back to the crappy atlantic weather with all of it's rain. lets hope the feb cold sbell some of the exbirts r talking about comes to fruition though going by the moddel outputs it doesn't like it at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

somerset and wales ill edge my bets on for some bad flooding tommorow, p.s you down there for good or you moving back to stourbridge any time soon?

Ill be back in late March for a month at Easter then back for those long hot Midland summer days from Mid June. :lol: