Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion - 24th January 2013, 06z onwards

Snowangel-MK

Posted

It should all be gone by then - the roads will defo be clear.

Thanks. It has been Blizzard conditions at times here, haven't seen anything like it since Jan '81 when I got locked out in one! lol

Will wait it out then.

I will have to be up around 6 so off to bed for me. Hope you all get some out of it before it turns back to rain. The last gasp, it's a doozy up here.

Posted

It seems to be falling more like snow here in Tunbridge Wells, very light at the moment, but certainly looks like snow to me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Don't know how anyone can say its warm out I've been working outside most of the evening and it was easily the most coldest night I've experienced this week!!!! My head hurts to the point of pain from the cold on my forehead!!!!!

Posted

Beast of PPN heading into SW london / Surrey soon- if its going to snow then thats where its coming from-

Some yellow echoes in that - 6/7mm per hour ( thats a tenth of the rates over france- so thinking about it- imagin the heaviest snow you have seen this cold spell then multiply is by around 8/9 that gives you the depth of the french band!

S

I really cant begin to imagine what that would look like Steve!

Posted

It feels almost warm compared to earlier, all rain I'm afraid (I would love snow)..... Lets fast forward 2 weeks, trust me on this, . A Valentines to remember, nothing is certain of course but look to the stratosphere, key to our future weather, it will tell at least part of the story.....

The famous Joe B has also mentioned the cold will return in time for Valentines cold.gifclap.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

The precipitype radar is beginning to turn the rain to sleet and sleet to snow, so be patient peeps, some WILL see snow.

Posted

I really cant begin to imagine what that would look like Steve!

....."A finger of God"

Name the film...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Just about to reach me and tesco have turned off all their streetlights :(!! Now i have to get out of my nice warm bed and turn the light on... Great.

Posted

Don't know how anyone can say its warm out I've been working outside most of the evening and it was easily the most coldest night I've experienced this week!!!! My head hurts to the point of pain from the cold on my forehead!!!!!

Don't they give traffic wardens time off in Essex when the weather is this bad (JOKES)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Start to see more snow reports turning up soon

S

Should I put the coffee on then?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very warm (not hot!)

Close but no cigar for this event (se imby) maybe north of say Watford, rain/ sleet for most, some might get lucky! Enjoy the break, worse to come ( but only for 8 days max - se to be hit hard!) I back this up with no charts/ evidence so hard to believe, in a few years forecasting will evolve of that I am sure, look up up up!

Posted

I would love to be in the French band, Can't believe its snow, living there you would probably think the world has just gone to an instant ice age. That is immense! Will we ever have snow like that here....

Posted

Its SNOW!! Very light though

What's your altitude? Interesting as i'm not far from you but just persistent rain here. I am approx 70m asl.