Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 24th January 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted

http://www.cbwac.com...ge_Pro_Plus.htm dramatic temperature drop at the Cardiff Bay Barrage.

The Barrage recorded a wind speed of 67mph!

Wow! I knew it felt strong on the coast, thank god I wasn't imagining things. :-)

Seems strange outside now though, quiet with little or no wind.. Calm before the next storm hopefully

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Temp 3C, dew point 0.5C, I need that to drop further if im going to see something wintry!

Posted

Temp 3C, dew point 0.5C, I need that to drop further if im going to see something wintry!

The temp should drop more as the night goes on, and also should get low enough for you during heavy showers.

Still a lot of showers forming inland over the Cambrians and intensifying as they head east. Wind seems to be WNW now, has veered slightly from earlier in the evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

The temp should drop more as the night goes on, and also should get low enough for you during heavy showers.

Still a lot of showers forming inland over the Cambrians and intensifying as they head east. Wind seems to be WNW now, has veered slightly from earlier in the evening.

My eye is on the stuff over Ireland, going to catch some sleep hopefully I can wake up by 6am to see some snow showers :)

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Bone dry here 2c dp -0.5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Been very dry all night not one shower since 11pm

Posted

Still hail here. There's a covering on all surfaces with a build-up of several cm in "drifts". Been a lot of hail here, temp is 1.5c and dp -3.0c so am slightly surprised by the lack of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme snow rain wind

Still hail here. There's a covering on all surfaces with a build-up of several cm in "drifts". Been a lot of hail here, temp is 1.5c and dp -3.0c so am slightly surprised by the lack of snow.

We didnt get any here yet........

Posted

We didnt get any here yet........

Rainfall accumumulation on radar shows most preip has been in inland mid & north wales - the opposite of usual. Pity it has been alsmot entirely hail, would've been decent snowfall. Had a bit of sleet/wet snow in a couple of showers earlier but the huge majority has been hail, and it's still coming down.

Posted

Well Ireland is reporting snow and quite a few cms - just seems to be a hole where the showers should be for south wales - this may sort itself out as the sun comes up!

Posted

nothing here guys looks like its been dry for quite a few hrs the ground is nice and dry. feels a lot colder this morn. and looking at radar most of the showers seem to be going north of most of wales and south of us.

Posted

just been having a quick read on model thread and quite a lot of people on there saying could be a major snow event on the weekend but they don't know where, and then they say that it looks like it could get a lot milder.some saying winter will be over if one of the models is correct. I wonder if things and moods will change when the next lot of models come out? looks like parts of Scotland are having very large amounts of snow another 20cm today and with these winds that stuff will pile up to give large drifts.

Posted

Really windy freezing cold,only hail and lightning last night,what's happening today? Is it just wait and see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Snow! And more Snow, lying on roads, but not enough to cancel school buses. Probably couple of centimetres and lovelu juicy big flakes, although blue skies. Happy foot waggle in bed that oil arrived yesterday.

Posted

snow on the ground here - no more than a centimetre - showers only so no real accumulation

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme snow rain wind

Snow! And more Snow, lying on roads, but not enough to cancel school buses. Probably couple of centimetres and lovelu juicy big flakes, although blue skies. Happy foot waggle in bed that oil arrived yesterday.

Light snow just appeared .........

Posted

Still more hail showers here. It has every appearance of a snowy scene but when you look closely you realise it is hail not proper snowflakes. Has covered all surfaces though including main roads, pretty lethal to drive on, although doesn't really accumulate the way snow does, only about 1cm, but up to 7-8cm in doorways, verges etc where it drifts.

Posted

ok - would you like to whip me now or later - lol - some of wales got snow - so I wasn't totally wrong plus I still think the next two weeks we'll have loads of the stuff - mark my words!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Still getting snow showers - looking forward to lunchtime dog walk, as dog loves it!