Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 24th January 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Spectacular thunderstorm with heavy hail and gale gusts just, FL within 1 mile really bright flashes! Temps dropped to 3c DP 1c a few blobs of sleet at the end of the storm too.

Posted

WOW! See the squall line that has formed on the radar, heading south, just you guys south of me wait until that hits, the most extreme squall line in a long time. Incredibly heavy precipitation and strong gusts, it fell mostly as hail here and felt apocolyptic - so loud! I tried to stick my head out the window to see just what was going on but that was an impossible task, a wall of ice beat me back. So there may have been some snow involved but I doubt it given the temp. At any rate there is now a covering of about 2cm of white stuff but it's at least 90% hail. Current temp 2.5c dp -1.1c but was about 2c higher before the squall line hit. WOW again!

Posted

That squall dropped temps 4c in 30 minutes! 2c now.

WOW! See the squall line that has formed on the radar, heading south, just you guys south of me wait until that hits, the most extreme squall line in a long time. Incredibly heavy precipitation and strong gusts, it fell mostly as hail here and felt apocolyptic - so loud! I tried to stick my head out the window to see just what was going on but that was an impossible task, a wall of ice beat me back. So there may have been some snow involved but I doubt it given the temp. At any rate there is now a covering of about 2cm of white stuff but it's at least 90% hail. Current temp 2.5c dp -1.1c but was about 2c higher before the squall line hit. WOW again!

Sounds fun, strapping myself in, will report on any chaos. Told y'all not to worry about them temps, they'll plummet under the showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Thundersnow a real possibility especially with people who live in W.Wales, Tony.H you may see something more interesting tonight!

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

Still rain/hail mix here (just about recovered / calmed down since the squall line now, seems to be losing intesity slightly according to radar). Q is can it turn to snow before the hail accumulation melts?

Posted

Thundersnow a real possibility especially with people who live in W.Wales, Tony.H you may see something more interesting tonight!

Nah I will be asleep! Temp back up 4c DP 2c, it's all down to the showers tonight as Bobby said.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Impressive hail shower just then, giving a covering , they look quite big hailstones. The wind is really getting up too

Posted

A really heavy hail shower in magor..everything white and the noise was amazing

wish it would have been snow though lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Times like this you will get devloped lines of showers which cause vast local differences in precip. Some have loads, down the road can have hardly any. An area which has frequent intense showers will have a continuous low temp due to the showers. But where does this line develop and who does it effect?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

wow. Had window open to have a look had to shut it, scared it would blow off its hinges!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

Wow. Wind, hail and heavy rain just started. No thunder yet. But the wind! Blooming heck!

Posted

Two postings on South West forum that might be of interest by Ian Ferguson

In Topic: South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 03/02/13 12z ------->

Today, 22:00

Just typing whilst on conference with UKMO. We expect to see snow probably falling even to street level in Brissle tomorrow. Especially heavier showers AM and trough transit into afternoon. Interesting period ahead.

somersetsnow, on 04 February 2013 - 23:13 , said:

6.5 deg here in Evercreech.Don't think we will wake up to Snow................but would be nice!

Colder air not yet there. Post-midnight it'll change rapidly. Convective banding offering 2-5cm local accumulations above 200m. Hit or miss. Leading edge of occlusion remnant around noon tomorrow also looks... interesting. Even to lower levels, albeit temporary before WBFL rises later again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

About 20 mins ago, and all I can say is that, that was INTENSE!! I have never seen anything like it before, winds much have gusted to about 50-60mph. Quite amazing even if I dont see snow!

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

http://www.cbwac.com...ge_Pro_Plus.htm dramatic temperature drop at the Cardiff Bay Barrage.

The Barrage recorded a wind speed of 67mph!

Edited by Wales123098

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Pembrey sands up to 70mph at 11pm, Mumbles hasn't updated I wonder why lol probably damaged !

Also dew point finally dropping down to 1.3C, temperature 4C

Edited by Marcus_surfer