Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 26th January 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

As much as I want a thunderstorm, it's lovely to have a nice bright full moon shining down biggrin.png

Doesn't seem to be any sort of lightning being detected?? Or am I reading it wrong?

Nah nothing yet accoring to lightning radar.

Edited by Karl83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Snow, Thunder and Lightning and Top Gear, 2013 has got off to a great start. laugh.png

Ive not personally had any Thunder and Lightning yet but maybe a chance later as showers move through. Im amazed at how much activity has been around today given we should be in the Quietest part of the year.

EVEN SOUTHERN ICELAND HAS HAD THUNDERSTORMS! laugh.png

And some Sferics in Southern GREENLAND! Thats better than Summer! :lol:

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Snow, Thunder and Lightning and Top Gear, 2013 has got off to a great start. laugh.png

Refrain from talking about Top Gear, until i have finished watching it on Iplayer :p

Temperature dropped to 4.5c here now, under brief clear skies...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

11.2mm??

Sorry chaps.. Forgot the decimal point on the iPhone.. Must be tired. Also apologies to GTLtW .. My radar it turned out hadn't refreshed.. Connection wasn't there.. Hmm maybe it is time for me to go to bed! Ill go now.

Posted

Just had a powercut omg.

Oh you got the power cut, I saw that happen, was looking out of the back window. Ring road lights flickered but we were fine for once. I get so many power cuts here, actually keep my head torch to hand at all times. Fab storm! Hope nothing was struck, did sound like it with one strike though.

Posted

Oh you got the power cut, I saw that happen, was looking out of the back window. Ring road lights flickered but we were fine for once. I get so many power cuts here, actually keep my head torch to hand at all times. Fab storm! Hope nothing was struck, did sound like it with one strike though.

Yeah and the strike that caused the powercut looked more over your way.

Rain again now but no thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

The rain is really getting to me now - I'm with you Dancing Daisy. Surely it's got to stop soon? It's bordering on ridiculous. I know we can't control it... But surely we must be due a better spring/summer?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

The rain is really getting to me now - I'm with you Dancing Daisy. Surely it's got to stop soon? It's bordering on ridiculous. I know we can't control it... But surely we must be due a better spring/summer?

Have you considered moving somewhere drier ?! Avoid Wales aswel lol

Posted

Yeah and the strike that caused the powercut looked more over your way.

Rain again now but no thunder.

It usually strikes something near the golf club which kills our power. Although we do get regular powercuts, regardless of storms being about or not. One evening we were all sat out in the road with glasses of wine waiting for it to come back on. Rather civilised!

Posted

The group of showers have arrived, no thunder as it stands.

It usually strikes something near the golf club which kills our power. Although we do get regular powercuts, regardless of storms being about or not. One evening we were all sat out in the road with glasses of wine waiting for it to come back on. Rather civilised!

I also remember the power going and it was off for a few hours could of been around same time.

Posted

The group of showers have arrived, no thunder as it stands.

I also remember the power going and it was off for a few hours could of been around same time.

Yes it probably was that time, there have been so many on this estate they all blur into each other. Maybe it was the wine! lol.

Well this has been a good start to 2013, all we need now is thundersnow.

Posted

Yes it probably was that time, there have been so many on this estate they all blur into each other. Maybe it was the wine! lol.

Yes that would be good, Should become clear soon once these showers pass through then we get to see the bright full moon.

Posted

When is your new weather station arriving?

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Haven'!t had any od the excitement you guys have had this eve , but it is dry for once and now rather chilly.

Posted

Its been posted apparently. So hopefully this week.smile.png

It would be intresting comparing temps etc, and there are signs of more cold next month so looks like you got your in time. Not that it will happen but would be nice and a bonus really.

Posted

what sort you getting

Its an Oregon WMR86_UV. Thought I would upgrade from the old £25 job from ebay. Looking forward to comparing temps to the old one as well.

Large rain drops thumping on the windows now, no sferics though. sad.png Can't complain after earlier.

Edited by Freddie123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Monsoon outside alas no thunder or lightning current temp 3.5c.

Posted

Missed all the heavy showers today. wind blew mrs Bs washing line down so now in the dog house for not fixing it properly lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather

Update, i thought it was dry and now it it's not.pouring down gusty winds and car alarms have been set off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Just had another heavy shower that turned from rain to hail and then to snow good.gif