Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 26th January 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Hammering down here again now. Looks stormy on radar to my West.. Could get a thunderstorm like you lot in Bristol area have had?!

Posted

Well that was cracking, literally! Lets hope there is more hail, thunder & lightning on the way to top up the remnants of what's left of my snow pile, which is looking very sorry for itself lol.....

Good footage of that waterspout in the Bristol Channel on points west earlier btw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

NAE showing a rather lot of accumulated rainfall over the next 48 hours;

post-12721-0-29734000-1359318601_thumb.j

Bearing in mind the local intensity of showers/storms and the recent snowmelt too, this could be dodgy re river levels etc so one to watch.

Wet and windy sums of the next few days really.

Posted

Well that was cracking, literally! Lets hope there is more hail, thunder & lightning on the way to top up the remnants of what's left of my snow pile, which is looking very sorry for itself lol.....

Good footage of that waterspout in the Bristol Channel on points west earlier btw

I can't find anything online about the waterspout no footage on youtube.

Posted

Still looking showery towards the B channel nothing to eye catching yet, intresting times ahead tho, very happy with the storm earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

]You have just made my day.Didn't know that was back on again. Its not some dodgy dave repeat is it?

Hi, sorry for the late reply but as you have probably seen, brand new one!! Something to look forward to on sunday nights again now!!

Edited by Beast of Dartmoor

Posted

Just seen this pretty cool stat on Ian F's twitter:

@SimonOKing as best as I can recall from ATDnet data, Bristol & immediate environs have seen more SFERICS in past 24hrs than thro all 2012.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Looks like a fair few showers heading this way.

post-15744-0-15111100-1359320669_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

To be honest, i cant remember 1985 as being that special here.The only time i have seen big snow drifts was jan 1987,

hey there I found out it was February 1986 :-) .

Anyway lets have one for February 2013.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Some intense radar returns in channel now maybe another storm if it keeps its strength.

Hi all , yes looks intense on the radar , i was supprised to be reading reports of snow in the Northern Ireland thread would you believe , think the uppers are around -3 , would be good to see thunder snow wouldn't it !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Wow that's a proper conveyor belt of showers coming up the Bristol Channel. Just been for a walk, hailstones on the grass and cars, all frozen up with a proper clear sky and a full moon. I like this winter, it reminds me of the early 80's when I was growing up.

Posted

Hi all , yes looks intense on the radar , i was supprised to be reading reports of snow in the Northern Ireland thread would you believe , think the uppers are around -3 , would be good to see thunder snow wouldn't it !

We can dare to dream though rofl.gifclapping.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Seems that that small system has passed to the north of me just now and missed Newbury. Just been looking at wunderground for the current conditions and our daily ppn is about 112mm. Wonder if we will get some more tonight to top that up? I see also the flood warnings across the uk are creeping up still. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

We can dare to dream though rofl.gifclapping.gif

I no ! Iv saw it once , awesome , had an inch in 40minutes and it was snowing leaves! 2004 I think , remeber the polar low that swept the country in the afternoon and hit London with a blizzard during rush hour? Started as icy rain and the temp went from 3c to 0c in 2minutes .

Posted

Anyone have any info if the line of showers just off the coast of Devon has a thundery component? This one:

post-18937-0-50977400-1359323132_thumb.j

Edited by dec10snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Seems that that small system has passed to the north of me just now and missed Newbury. Just been looking at wunderground for the current conditions and our daily ppn is about 112mm. Wonder if we will get some more tonight to top that up? I see also the flood warnings across the uk are creeping up still. sad.png

Hi PB.

Two things have confused me in your post as firstly I can't see any radar returns near Newbury according to the NW v6 radar at least. Secondly, I have received 10.8mm today which is somewhat below the 112mm you reported.

Intriguingly however, my mother has just reported probable lightning lightening up the sky out West. The nearest cell to us appears to be non-thundery and that resides over the Chippenham area of Wiltshire.

Posted

Yep that stormy looking shower missed here really. We just had about a few minutes of rain, brushed into South Oxon instead.. There are a few more though crossing the Bristol Channel so may get one later :p

Posted

Seems that that small system has passed to the north of me just now and missed Newbury. Just been looking at wunderground for the current conditions and our daily ppn is about 112mm. Wonder if we will get some more tonight to top that up? I see also the flood warnings across the uk are creeping up still. :(

11.2mm??

Posted

I no ! Iv saw it once , awesome , had an inch in 40minutes and it was snowing leaves! 2004 I think , remeber the polar low that swept the country in the afternoon and hit London with a blizzard during rush hour? Started as icy rain and the temp went from 3c to 0c in 2minutes .

December 16th 2010? By any chance, we had back edge snow from that system, then had a low pressure that gave us 24cm come Saturday as it pivoted over us... Oh those were the days :)whistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Heavy hail again!! And now rain.... And hail again.

post-15744-0-55331500-1359323520_thumb.j

Edited by Karl83

Posted

As much as I want a thunderstorm, it's lovely to have a nice bright full moon shining down :D

Heavy hail again!! And now rain.... And hail again.

Doesn't seem to be any sort of lightning being detected?? Or am I reading it wrong?