Cold?
IGNORED

Winter Model Output Discussion -12Z 07/02/13 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

slightly better ridging to our north and northeast from ukmo UW60-21.GIF?07-16

UW72-21.GIF?07-16

plenty of low heights into europe with sliders possible.

Edited by model rollercoaster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter Hot and sunny in summer...other is simply boring!!

Looking like a backtrack from GFS with rain and sleet quickly following on from the leading edge snow

gfsnh-0-72.png?12

gfs-1-72.png?12

gfs-2-72.png?12

lol post mondays mornings ppn chart i dare you....your cluthing at straws gav!!

Ahh i see you have Well done

Edited by goosey007

Posted

Looking like an upgrade for the south so far for the snow and a downgrade for the north

gfs-2-84.png?12

gfs-2-90.png?12

sorry better for northern england midlands wales easter areas upgrade in all aspects.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

Early Monday morning will be all snow for the North and probably wet snow for the south, as expected it's an upgrade for the snow.

Posted

Looks very wet across the south sun/mon on 12z gfs.

as it pulls south there be snow.

and nice little ridge over iceland could this be a january re run.

gfs-0-102.png?12

Edited by model rollercoaster

Posted

No point getting over zealous about where or whether snow will fall in particular areas at this stage, we are still going to see more corrections over the next couple of days, besides If the low gets much further west it’s going to miss us all together at this rate (this is a jest before anyone starts correcting me).

Edited by weather eater

Posted

lol post mondays mornings ppn chart i dare you....your cluthing at straws gav !!

Happens on every potential snow event!

Wind up merchants doing there best to nic pic.

The 12z is not a downgrade and if anything increases snow chances From late Sunday afternoon.

Posted

Looks very wet across the south sun/mon on 12z gfs.

I would say that things are no clearer with exact positioning of the low. One thing for sure is that there will be plenty of precipitaion. Depending on where you live who knows what it will be. We might have a clue within 12 hours of the event !

Edited by dickie1965

A Considerable upgrade from the GFS over the 06z, however I would never use the 06Z as guidence as its poor.

Whats key for the east / SE & NE is how deep & fast the initial WAA is ahead of the front-

http://modeles.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfs/runs/2013020712/gfs-0-54.png?12

this is depicted better here-

http://modeles.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfs/runs/2013020712/gfs-6-60.png?12

The more acute the angle the low can stay at is also good,- still time for further upgrades & corrections - eagerly awaiting the UKMO & the overall model medium term outlook-

remember now this pattern is done & dusted we look to 144-192 to see the next developing pattern- where maybe the GFS can fair better.....

S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

I am trying to learn how to read the charts can you post up some charts to show this please.

Don't worry, any rain will turn to snow :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

First post on the MOD thread. As a newbie/lurker for a while, I have to say that for new followers, they have got a cat in hell's chance of learning if its "a downgrade for Sun/Mon"...followed by post saying "an upgrade for Sun/Mon".

For learners like me please can posts be backed up with charts or explanations to these type of comments or posts in general.

Sorry if off topic!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

GFS getting to work with the shortwave activity now we are getting closer it is getting very interesting to see how they evolve.

Here the one over moving North into Scandinavia plays spoiler and helper in that it splits the high to our NE having it retreat East but also acts as a wedge for the Western segment meaning it can not be forced East by the second shortwave, Southwest of Greenland which gets blended with the next low. It then moves West and becomes a nuisance again.

gfsnh-0-84.png?12

A very complex picture emerging so don't expect it to be resolved until inside T72

Edited by Mucka

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Very marginal Sunday and Monday on this run for the SE. The dew points in Kent never go negative those two days, eg:

post-14819-0-34807600-1360253308_thumb.p Many other areas north M4 should be ok, DP wise.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Well the gem did this yesterday aswell and ukmo and ecmwf followed so i fully expect to see the ukmo amd ecmwf to backdown from the 850hpa temps it was showing this morning for satirday and sunday!!a push east!!

Just because it happened on one occasion it means nothing for future reference I'm afraid .

If Man utd got beat by QPR on a one off game would that mean that Reading who is higher than QPR are going to beat UTD also ?!!

Posted

Looking good for central england and Northern England/Scotland, lots of rain probably down here! Will be fantastic to see a big snow event somewhere in the UK, potentially could be the biggest of winter.

Still not resolved yet but things looking very good for these areas.