Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 08/02/13 00z ------->

A.J

Posted

Sleet/snow in north Hampshire at 300ft with temperature at 1C. Freezing level about 500ft with -0.5C at 700ft. Snow is lying at 600ft and above with a good covering at 700ft.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow cold weather and storms

Snow in Newport on the isle of wight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

nothing here in lower cornwall, just dry ....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Sleet in Newbury contrary to the almost blizzard like conditions you'd expect to see if you believed Facebook. Another grim weekend if you have kids and enjoy walking. I guess the supermarket wil be busy and the bowling alleys and soft play areas.

Ah, but will the sleet be turning to snow and bring about a covering on the higher parts of the local downs?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Good dump of snow or a damn good thunderstorm

Still going strong here 1cm depth smiliz19.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

hopefully an investment in a cold, snow laden future.

I hope so mate. Global warming.... hmmm.... doesn't feel warm to me!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Every so often the ppn is more snow than rain and it is just. so. beautiful! Temps going in the right direction: 2.1C, DP 0.3C. C'mon blizzard 2013! rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

The 00z and 006 NAE really do highlight what a difficult forecast Sunday is. Here are the 00z and 06z charts for Sunday 12-6pm.

So many variables to take into account from positioning, angle, ppn intensity and many more. The radar and reports from members is going to be the best bet come tomorrow and into Monday morning. Although it would seem many in the region are a little to far south but you never know.

I still find looking out of the window is the most reliable method for me when it comes to snow.

Edited by stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

The snow in some Central areas will dissipate later in the morning. The more Western rain band currently over West Wales and Devon currently all rain under higher uppers will meander around in situ through the day. Temperatures have recovered well here since daybreak with brighter skies and a temp of 4.7C and rising steadily with a dew point of 4.4C. Don't think we'll be seeing snow in Radstock today.

Edited by Gibby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

The snow in some Central areas will dissipate later in the morning. The more Western rain band currently over West Wales and Devon currently all rain under higher uppers will meander around in situ through the day. Temperatures have recovered well here since daybreak with brighter skies and a temp of 4.7C and rising steadily with a dew point of 4.4C. Don't think we'll be seeing snow in Radstock today.

we were just on the wrong side of marginal on mendip here today and looks similar for late sunday but we shall see. aggressive.gif

Posted

Sundays weather is like a football match with most fans supporting one team(Snow)and some supporting the other team(rain).which team will come out on top and have people cheering and which team will have people moaning and hanging their heads,let the game begin.

Posted

I hope so mate. Global warming.... hmmm.... doesn't feel warm to me!!

GFS says 10oC tomorrow for Yelverton. Somebody please tell me this is wrong!!!! Haven't had chance to read earlier posts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Sundays weather is like a football match with most fans supporting one team(Snow)and some supporting the other team(rain).which team will come out on top and have people cheering and which team will have people moaning and hanging their heads,let the game begin.

Trouble is the snow team coming out on pitch with there Bootlaces tied together, Soon as whistle blows, they fall flat on face in the mud [lLiterally]

But never know,might be good at cheating? Always been my Mantra, If can't win fairly CHEAT

Edited by cerneman

Posted

Edit that went a bit wayward see below for another attempt .tease.gif

Edited by flyer

Posted

Proper snow now.

Still snowing albeit rather wet now. So topped out at 1cm.

Here we go. smiliz39.gif

post-1036-0-42379100-1360411803_thumb.jp

Edited by flyer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

GFS says 10oC tomorrow for Yelverton. Somebody please tell me this is wrong!!!! Haven't had chance to read earlier posts.

You have a high of 7c tomorrow, fear not!! Looks like the snow isn't coming now though.

Posted

See the Met office have upped the anti by extending the risk to the south east now for tomorrow. So you never know as the low may set up shop 80.5 miles southwest of current prediction.smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Quite a bit milder than I expected here today. Currently 6.0C and a light to moderate SW wind. Very overcast though.

Posted

Just plain old rain here this morning with a temperature of 4.2C & dew point of 3.2C.

Can I also just mention to those in Devon & Cornwall who like to moan that they are snow starved, that pretty much the whole of the extreme south coast is in the same boat as them. Back in January I had a slushy 2cm of snow that melted after 1 day & that was the first snow I had seen for over 2 years! So don't be under any illusion that all those further east than yourselves live in a snowy winter wonderland drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Wow, i knew the snow risk was almost zero for most of the south west but it really has downgraded a lot now.

It angers me what i read in the model discussion thread over the last few days, i normally stay away and i wished that i had. fool.gif

It's about time no more warnings were given, if a person posts that has no input regarding the models, they should be banned for at least 24hrs.

Anyway .. currently 4.8°C with light rain (2.8mm) Dew point at 4.2°C