Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 9th February 2013 17:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Gary other well respected and experienced posters have also been given a hard time by others on here. Don't take it to heart Don't let them beat you.

What, in this regional thread?

Guest bjaykent

as another personality. You have done male and female, so now I am thinking alien?

There's so many things I could say and would like to say but I think it best that I say nothing on this occasionwhistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny or Cold and snowy

for?

Some more rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Well I've just had a 'When Harry met Sally' moment catching up on tonight's posts, I've no idea what you lot have been on this evening (I just had a couple of glasses of Zinfandel and a coffee) but jeez it's been a strange night in here !

Posted

Not expecting nothing but rain tomorrow. Nowt with being pessimistic, more realistic, but more to do with this being so marginal that any flake of snow falling from the sky (and not settling!) is a bonus.

I just am feeling rather flat about tomorrows prospect - it's like the roller-coaster has run out of energy :(

Posted

Well I've just had a 'When Harry met Sally' moment catching up on tonight's posts, I've no idea what you lot have been on this evening (I just had a couple of glasses of Zinfandel and a coffee) but jeez it's been a strange night in here !

I have to say MK, I didn't experience an orgasmic moment... far from it! laugh.png

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/

Latest bbc forcast, looks like we miss all the rain, but somehow find the PPN when it's cold enough to snow.

Heavier Snow moving into Kent, later in the evening

Posted

I agree some very weird (more than normal lol ) posts ....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Not expecting nothing but rain tomorrow. Nowt with being pessimistic, more realistic, but more to do with this being so marginal that any flake of snow falling from the sky (and not settling!) is a bonus.

I just am feeling rather flat about tomorrows prospect - it's like the roller-coaster has run out of energy sad.png

Que sera sera, as they say.

Every forcast update so far on BBC has downgraded snow potentaul down here, so you are probably right. Hopefully though the BBC is wrong and something unexpected happens, as you say that would be a bonus.

Posted

Snow

I wish but it's raining here now, doubt anything in that main band will be snow either, temp 2 here.

Posted

I wish but it's raining here now, doubt anything in that main band will be snow either, temp 2 here.

It was raining here earlier, so I don't hold much hope later on Sunday to be honest (IMBY)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

I have to say MK, I didn't experience an orgasmic moment... far from it! laugh.png

Snow Raven,

How about a 3 way match with cookie27 of Greenwich, (Whoops, nearly said threesome, hope hubbys a kip!)

We're all pretty local, with similar altitude, and he's looking for a match!

My rains gonna be thicker than yours........blum.gif

Cheers,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

No it wasn't that good....I just meant maybe I should have had what some on here have been on rather than the wine and coffee I enjoyed earlier angel.gif

Posted

Should hit about 5pm

Oh well that's different then, I thought you were waiting for it to snow now. I'm still hoping for later today, we'll see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

I have created a snow map for the SE/EA the highest risk of significant snow from late afternoon Sunday, with late eve and the early hours of Monday being when the more intense snow should develop.

post-11361-0-58991300-1360458795.png

Pulses of heavy snow some very heavy should develop but some areas seeing lighter stuff, Kent and up through East Sussex and through the London area and further north from here potentially getting large snowfalls, i expect parts of Surrey and west Sussex to join in late Sunday with snowfall here, How far into east EA it gets i'm not to sure, i am expecting the system to slow, some areas getting many hours of snow, Kent snow starting earlier as the very cold air sweeps in from the continent.

For most rain turning to sleet and snow, the heavy ppn helping to cool the air as the chill hits from the se.

ESS

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

I have created a snow map for the SE/EA the highest risk of significant snow from late afternoon Sunday, with late eve and the early hours of Monday being when the more intense snow should develop.

post-11361-0-58991300-1360458795.png

Pulses of heavy snow some very heavy should develop but some areas seeing lighter stuff, Kent and up through East Sussex and through the London area and further north from here potentially getting large snowfalls, i expect parts of Surrey and west Sussex to join in late Sunday with snowfall here, How far into east EA it gets i'm not to sure, i am expecting the system to slow, some areas getting many hours of snow, Kent snow starting earlier as the very cold air sweeps in from the continent.

For most rain turning to sleet and snow, the heavy ppn helping to cool the air as the chill hits from the se.

ESS

nice map

Posted

Snow Raven,

How about a 3 way match with cookie27 of Greenwich, (Whoops, nearly said threesome, hope hubbys a kip!)

We're all pretty local, with similar altitude, and he's looking for a match!

My rains gonna be thicker than yours........blum.gif

Cheers,

Tom.

I'm up for that Tom... although I reckon we will be comparing puddles as opposed to snow depths!