Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 9th February 2013 17:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Please use this thread for your discussions about the current weather or what is being forecast for the next few days in the South East and East Anglia...please remember these regional threads were set up to talk about local conditions and your thoughts on how things are panning out so can we keep things light and topical and avoid any personal remarks - Thanks!!

Link to the previous one here:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

Been sleeting and snowing on and off all day here, hope you all get the snow you want, just want a crowborough snow shield this time round :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

12z NMM hi-res model run is out and at face value, it could've been better for southern parts of the UK for Sunday/Monday....Snowline roughly Kent-London-Birmingham.....to the south and west of this line, rain, perhaps some sleet & wet snow......still it's just one more in a long line of model runs......nowcasting and radar watching will be the name of the game

Posted

Sorry but a temp of 4c and snow.. doubt it!! add 2 more to the london area (remember london is always warmer due to it being a city) and il think it will be a case of sleet/rain for me.. even if it did turn to snow it wont settle in those temps.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

12z NMM hi-res model run is out and at face value, it could've been better for southern parts of the UK for Sunday/Monday....Snowline roughly Kent-London-Birmingham.....to the south and west of this line, rain, perhaps some sleet & wet snow......still it's just one more in a long line of model runs......nowcasting and radar watching will be the name of the game

Any images for this mate?

Posted

Dexter -

Nice. SK do you know how the GEM performed during the last cold spell at this range when it came to ppn amounts?

I can't say I followed it particularly closely during the last cold spell, will see if I can find some archived charts. But I have sat up and taken a bit more note of those charts since the bombshell was dropped that it runs at 15km resolution up until +48 (not sure how I had managed to miss that one all this time!) - thats 1km higher in resolution to that point than the ECMWF.

Incidentally, for anyone who hasn't discovered it yet, this is a great tool to view the ECMWF precipitation:

http://www.yr.no/kart/#lat=51.80962&lon=-1.32446&zoom=4&laga=nedbørskyer&proj=3575

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Just got home from the Gareth Bale showblum.gif at the Lane and saw BBC News 24 and it as expected on a "knifedge"(quoting Alex Deakin).He did mention Kent could get some heavy snowfall tomorrow afternoon and evening which cheered me up but we have had a few false dawns this winter so not holding my breath.As i have posted before,hope this Low slider pulls a bit further West and South pulling in colder air and then all of us in SE can have some snow!!blum.gif .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Just got home from the Gareth Bale showblum.gif at the Lane and saw BBC News 24 and it as expected on a "knifedge"(quoting Alex Deakin).He did mention Kent could get some heavy snowfall tomorrow afternoon and evening which cheered me up but we have had a few false dawns this winter so not holding my breath.As i have posted before,hope this Low slider pulls a bit further West and South pulling in colder air and then all of us in SE can have some snow!!blum.gif .

If that happens the ppn won't even reach us...getting the feeling that this is yet another event becoming 'watered' down.

Posted

Avid fan, hope you enjoyed it mate, only watched on the box.

Very knife edge, could almost be a Hitchcock thriller. Lets see Anglia getting the right side of that edge.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

3.3 and rising...shok.gif

Edited by Rybris Ponce
Come on you Spurs!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, Heat and Cold, Tornadoes & Hurricanes

Sorry but a temp of 4c and snow.. doubt it!! add 2 more to the london area (remember london is always warmer due to it being a city) and il think it will be a case of sleet/rain for me.. even if it did turn to snow it wont settle in those temps.

Woodingdean in Brighton (top of falmer road for those who know Brighton) had a snow shower at about 1.30 ish and car was showing 6 degrees would this be due mix of cold uppers and low ground temps?

Posted

So just out of curiosity mate is it gona b all snow from birmingham northwards and eastwards according to nmm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I never know where we are on weather maps!fool.gif I live in the Chilterns that never seems to match up with forecasts for London and the SE. Just cold boring rain here today and all the snow forecasts for the weekend and Monday morning downgraded to rainsad.png

Posted

The UKMO has the band of rain pivoting tomorrow evening. If this is true it and stalls for a while things could be interesting.

7PM

UW30-594.GIF?09-16

1AM

UW36-594.GIF?09-16

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I never know where we are on weather maps!fool.gif I live in the Chilterns that never seems to match up with forecasts for London and the SE. Just cold boring rain here today and all the snow forecasts for the weekend and Monday morning downgraded to rainsad.png

Welcome to netweather, Raven Dane...Could you pop your location into your profile please; 'here' is not always easy to place...good.gif biggrin.png

Posted

GFS Ens Mean for tomorrow evening:

gens-21-2-30.png?12

Still a lot of variety in this, whilst the netweather version of the NMM is paid only, there is another version of it that you can follow, run at a slightly higher resolution I believe too:

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/wrfnmm.php?ech=3&mode=1&map=0

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Yes 4.5c and rising here. So much for that cold pool in the east.

Considering it's coming up from the south :p

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/GB/forecast

Posted

From Liam dutton on twitter:

SNOW RISK on Sunday evening is now greatest for NE Wales, Midlands & parts of SE England. My thoughts here - on.fb.me/tKvPgU #uksnow

5:02pm - 9 Feb 13