Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 12th February 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Oh bugger shot myself in the foot saying that :lol:, now turned to drizzly rain...only 0.1c though!

Posted

belting down here, has been for 2 hours, roads white over (side and B ) main roads next, gonner be pretty bad in and around the peaks.

was at Bakewell, 10.00am snow, Hathersage at 11.00am, fairly heavy, temps were -3 up there at 12.00

down here its currently 0.1 and moderate snow, looks like heavy stuff on the way, thats if Peaks don,t weaken it to much.

i think work will close at 2.30, lot of people live in Sheffield, Stoke, etc have travel over Peak District.

have fun keep safe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Heavier now, but could mean getting a little warmer, been generally wet snow, like monday early hours,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Surprisingly, still snow here. Light now, and the cover (1cm ish) isn't increasing. Even so, better than expected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Its a white out here now everywhere covered the dp must have dropped for it to stick

Posted

heavier by the minute in stoke. been non stop since 9am but now all surfaces are covered. 2cm-3cm on cars

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers

Still like billy-o here in Tamworth, sticking on cars & some paths

Posted

Just turned to sleety rain, but we had a good 2cm and everything, including the lane, is white

Edited by picog

Posted

Is it or me but this winter has been weird..we have seen more snow here in coventry compared to the whole winter of 2010 and our heaviest snowfall since 91 back in jan..but it has not been very cold and most of the snow events have been very short lived or rain to snow events cant complain though i guess some snow is better then none.

Short lived? January had two 12 hour snow events with the snow on the ground for 13 days straight during that cold spell.

Posted

Is it or me but this winter has been weird..we have seen more snow here in coventry compared to the whole winter of 2010 and our heaviest snowfall since 91 back in jan..but it has not been very cold and most of the snow events have been very short lived or rain to snow events cant complain though i guess some snow is better then none.

12 mornings with lying snow yet no temperature below -4; it's been bizarre to be honest. Not once this winter have I seen snow falling onto frozen ground yet it's kept settling, often after teasing us with some non-sticking stuff first. Again I'm wondering if this winter would have just been a sleetfest at 1-3C had it occurred between 1997 and 2008.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

Freezing rain in telford now got a covering off a few cms but wont last long now i doubt

Posted

We all know todays snow is transitional, however the next 3 hours,will with any luck paint the region a lovely white colour!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

We all know todays snow is transitional, however the next 3 hours,will with any luck paint the region a lovely white colour!

And black tarmac roads and grey pavements! not settled here at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Short lived? January had two 12 hour snow events with the snow on the ground for 13 days straight during that cold spell.

Yes i was puzzled by that ST.

Same here counting this last few days i have had 17 days of snow cover with the max depth lying in the last week of the Jan spell -20cms.

I guess we have been luckier-for snow that is-than many other lowland areas.

edit:i forgot to say snowing quite heavy now but struggling to settle on paths and road.

Edited by phil nw.

Posted

Strange really, temps falling slightly and snow beginning to stick to all surfaces, mind you, it's fluffing it down!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

Not sure why some folk keep reciting 2010 as a fantastic snowfest. In Northampton we did have over a week or two of lying snow and some regular snowfalls through December, but nothing that impressive (probably a couple of inches or so), so not sure why 2010 is always hailed as a once in 50 year event. I guess some places did receive a lot of snow though. The main thing was the cold for us rather than the amount of snow. This year has been the same snow wise although not lasting as long (just over a week in January 2013 and then for a couple of days this week for us). Also it has been noticeably not as cold, although temps have only hovered a degree or so above freezing for many days, we haven't seen the severe cold and frosts that we usually have during the winter. Very strange.