Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 12th February 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Please use this thread for your regional discussions about the current weather or what is being forecast for the next few days in the Midlands..

Link to the previous one….

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Met Office have updated the warnings, but they don't include most of us. They do not extend further south enough.

Wonder if we'll see them change tommorow, or perhaps later today even.

Posted

Issued at - 12 Feb 2013, 10:42

Valid from - 13 Feb 2013, 06:00

Valid to - 13 Feb 2013, 20:00

Sleet and snow will spread eastwards across many northern and central parts of the UK on Wednesday. Accumulations of 2 to 4 cm could occur at lower elevations, but perhaps more than 10 cm over some hilly areas, where drifting is possible in strong winds. Icy roads may also cause some difficult driving conditions in places.

The snow should ease and revert to rain later in the day, so snow cover at low levels should be temporary

As others have said they don't really include our region. Were to far south atm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

BBC still give me 5 hours snow, then sleet and then misty at 1C, mild air comes in through the night

going to be very quiet on here from thursday, which looks like anticyclonic gloom which could last right through Feb, not complaining though as its a million times better than zonal/rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

I think might get an hour of snow then rain but all the latest charts indicate a potential greenland high from around the 21st so i dont know what u mean about the rest of feb been anticylotic gloom dosent look true on the latest charts, lets hope they come true

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

BBC still give me 5 hours snow, then sleet and then misty at 1C, mild air comes in through the night

going to be very quiet on here from thursday, which looks like anticyclonic gloom which could last right through Feb, not complaining though as its a million times better than zonal/rain

The heck it is!

Posted

also the slightest shift south?

Yup could do with a fair few more shifts south. It won't stop the inevitable rain coming in but should send more energy beneath the block to give us a better chance of cold returning sooner.

Posted

Yup could do with a fair few more shifts south. It won't stop the inevitable rain coming in but should send more energy beneath the block to give us a better chance of cold returning sooner.

yes only a few more runs left though, could be better if it conlmpletely undercut however that is very unlikely now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Gfs looking snowier. Mainly because precip looks much heavier so far anyway

Yesterday evening i quoted that D-P and temps are pretty good for tomorrow and snow maybe light

you were going for more rain and only if its colder + snower that things may change! showing today what do you think now for tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

well going by the 00z outputs looks like winter could have a sting in it's tail. Tomorrow's met warnings doesn't cover brum, or have i got that wrong? I hope i have.

Posted

Yesterday evening i quoted that D-P and temps are pretty good for tomorrow and snow maybe light

you were going for more rain and only if its colder + snower that things may change! showing today what do you think now for tom.

I think now theres a better chance of snow for perhaps a 3 hour period but by no means certain yet. would like to see the 18z before being sure. Some areas I still think could see freezing rain for a time aswell as its more the upper temps rather than ground temps and dew points that are a bit to high for my liking.

Posted

I think now theres a better chance of snow for perhaps a 3 hour period but by no means certain yet. would like to see the 18z before being sure. Some areas I still think could see freezing rain for a time aswell as its more the upper temps rather than ground temps and dew points that are a bit to high for my liking.

Well ukmo 12z is a slight upgrade aswell!!for 7pm tomorrow it was showing +1/+2 850hpa temps!!but not its showing 850hpa temps of -2/-3!!and the precipitation is heavier aswell!!

Posted

Well ukmo 12z is a slight upgrade aswell!!for 7pm tomorrow it was showing +1/+2 850hpa temps!!but not its showing 850hpa temps of -2/-3!!and the precipitation is heavier aswell!!

the second band will be all rain unless the first band becomes a slider which is looking unlikely

Posted

Could you post the pics up? Annoying going to all different sites on a mobile. What's the gem say aswell?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or hot

That front seems to me like its moving far more south west then it's supposed to, probably driven by wishful thinking more than facts but I've got a good feeling about this one for us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Yes the 18z nails it home for me good.gif you are right about the uppers are slightly a bit to high

lets hope the precipitation is better ! bring on the 18z.

Posted

12zs fairly unispiring so far. Hopefully the ecm still goes with its own 00z output later.

Posted

12zs fairly unispiring so far. Hopefully the ecm still goes with its own 00z output later.

gfs is horrible a least the ukmo still gives nice frosty nights across england!!