Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 12th February 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Well I work as an IT support engineer for the IT Department, so I am always around the office or warehouse fixing anything IT related from Phones to PC's to Servers. So I can pretty much get up and walk off and come back 2 hours later and no one would think anything of it really as that is the nature of my job.

And my boss is pretty cool, he won't really mind smile.png

. I've probably delivered to your company Edited by lancs_northants

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and cold

Lol Supacell I actually went to get a piece of glass for the front of my log burner that my dad insisted on putting in for me :( more trouble than it's worth in my opinion anyway being a dizzy blonde I smashed the glass don't ask me how I have no idea : /

We had about the same as Wirksworth I drove to brailsford and it was really deep up there and the fritters hadn't been near the place

We did really well when it comes it tends tp come hard here we had a fair whack I drive a range rover and I didn't move it for a few days you can put it in snow mode but it's bloody useless .

Buxton is crazy in winter but the men up there walk around in t shirts :-o couldn't believe it lol

TF x

Edited by TootyFruity

Posted
Anyweather, you are correct on that one. I have seen snow in May whilst walking on the tops of the Peaks and round here most people know of the infamous snowfall in Buxton that caused a cricket match to be cancelled.... in June (June 1975)! By that time I am wanting warmth and thunderstorms though!

Derbyshire vs Lancashire, Buxton, June 2nd 1975 - snow stopped play:

post-13544-0-36346400-1360702707_thumb.j

:)

Bish

Posted

I fancy a ramp , so I think tommorow were all going to see between 10-15cm of lying snow by 10pm tommorow evening :) and if its gone by 6am Thursday , there's always next week ! It's snow lets all enjoy it ......

Posted

And whys that ?

I work for the UK's largest supplier of computer Software/hardware ...printers, Scanners, servers, etc. Schools, offices, etc. I delivered 120 desktop PC's today to the Conservative headquarters. Today in London then a couple of APC batteries for servers??to ACAS headquarters

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Lol Supacell I actually went to get a piece of glass for the front of my log burner that my dad insisted on putting in for me sad.png more trouble than it's worth in my opinion anyway being a dizzy blonde I smashed the glass don't ask me how I have no idea : /

We had about the same as Wirksworth I drove to brailsford and it was really deep up there and the fritters hadn't been near the place

We did really well when it comes it tends tp come hard here we had a fair whack I drive a range rover and I didn't move it for a few days you can put it in snow mode but it's bloody useless .

Buxton is crazy in winter but the men up there walk around in t shirts :-o couldn't believe it lol

TF x

proper northeners aggressive.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

I work for the UK's largest supplier of computer Software/hardware ...printers, Scanners, servers, etc. Schools, offices, etc. I delivered 120 desktop PC's today to the Conservative headquarters. Today in London then a couple of APC batteries for servers??to ACAS headquarters

Ah, I doubt it. Despite £50Bn in revenue the company I work for is pretty tight, we have servers so old they use the traditional slot load CPU's. We rarely buy new IT equipment, a lot of it is legacy stuff unfortunately. The PC's are fairly new I guess.

Anyway, back on topic..

18z should be out round about now, lets take a look. Good old pub run, i'm expecting it to go for snowmaggedon, and then the 00z return to a more normal run.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Lol TF, bless ya! x

I had a log burner when i lived up in proper northern hills (Yorkshire) but i never really used it. Where i was equalled Buxton for snow though, we used to measure it in feet not cm lol - but i never went out in it with a t-shirt on. Having said that, other people did - i'm not a true northerner though being from Derby so compared to them i'm soft. Unfortunately, spending 3 winters up there makes the snow here seem a bit poor - but i have my memories (and my videos) of it.

That June event in Buxton was a real rarity, which is why i have heard the story so many times. I don't remember it though, i wasn't born in 1975.

Will be interested to see what happens tomorrow. I think Buxton will be in the sweet spot, but that's nothing new for up there. After this cold spell ends, i reckon end of the month will turn again - i don't think the snow is done with us yet.

Ryder Point near Wirksworth:

post-2719-0-43654000-1360704484_thumb.jp

post-2719-0-78364600-1360704692_thumb.jp

Edited by Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and cold

Oooooo Supa where were those pics taken ?

scrub that last sentence just seen Ryder point god I'm so dum lol

I'm originally from Bakewell and went to lady manners we got loads of good snow up there .

I wasn't born in 1975 either so have never seen snow in June either ... lots of rain but no snow :(

The ECM is showing more blocking and cold at 10 days out I think it needs to stay like that with not too much downgrading from now until then then were in for a shot .

Really hope so ... That would make me a very happy girl x

Edited by TootyFruity

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

as things stand shaky i really dont think it will be snow, just the angle will knock the block out the way with ease regardless of the 850's, dps or anything, maybe half an hour if we survive the first two and its sunk further south, p.s @gimmesomesnow can you post a pic of fax as im on phone

Not sure how to post charts! http://www.meteociel...deles/ukmo2.php?carte=2000&ech=0

Edited by Gimmesomesnow

Posted

Oh dear 18z a last minute downgrade for tommorow, doesn't really matter anyway as anything that falls will be washed away hours later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Oh dear 18z a last minute downgrade for tommorow, doesn't really matter anyway as anything that falls will be washed away hours later.

Not really if you look at nae , minute differences but nothing noteworthy. As always it's a now casting event

post-9095-0-71699000-1360705326_thumb.jp

Posted

looks the same to me, slight downgrade for mid Wales

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Not really if you look at nae , minute differences but nothing noteworthy. As always it's a now casting event

Sorry for the double take lol

Posted

18z NAE on Weatheronline is broken.

Output is totally identical to 12z, apart from the first +3 hour, which is definitely different to the 12z output. Something has gone wrong for everything past +3hours.

Posted

Output is totally identical to 12z, apart from the first +3 hour, which is definitely different to the 12z output. Something has gone wrong for everything past +3hours.

Nope everythings fine there no downgrade in my eyes!!infact there might eveb be a slight upgrade!!still looking good folks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

The precipitype charts weren't even updated. You've been arguing over an identical chart lol. Should be out to 24 hours now, if not soon.

With the NAE it looks like it's been updated to 42 hrs right from the beginning but in reality this isn't the case.

See my above post. The NAE always updates like this.

Posted

Whats weird about this winter is lack of clear skies, no way skies will clear tonight, not suggesting it will affect tomorrow, but temps wont get that low

during Jan cold, skies only cleared once really on Sat 26th early on

Posted

Oooooo Supa where were those pics taken ?

scrub that last sentence just seen Ryder point god I'm so dum lol

I'm originally from Bakewell and went to lady manners we got loads of good snow up there .

I wasn't born in 1975 either so have never seen snow in June either ... lots of rain but no snow sad.png

The ECM is showing more blocking and cold at 10 days out I think it needs to stay like that with not too much downgrading from now until then then were in for a shot .

Really hope so ... That would make me a very happy girl x

Is Lady Manners an all school? ...Sorry to go off topic but I think my uni friend went to that school! :)

Posted

The precipitype charts weren't even updated. You've been arguing over an identical chart lol. Should be out to 24 hours now, if not soon.

With the NAE it looks like it's been updated to 42 hrs right from the beginning but in reality this isn't the case.

See my above post. The NAE always updates like this.

I know it updates one block at a time (+3, then +6 etc)but i've never seen them not work until it's finished. Usually works just fine.

Still not working. Still got 39,42,45 and 48 hours to go. Will see if it's working when they finish.

Edited by kmanmx