Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion 14th February 2013 >

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Snow stopped. Not even left a covering but always a bonus to see any type of snow

Posted

Some light snow this morning and now bright and sunny - two things I wasn't expecting today!

Posted

Some light snow this morning and now bright and sunny - two things I wasn't expecting today!

I think a little circulation just to the east has allowed the air flow to turn more northerly here. It's certainly nice to see the sunshine and a few flakes of snow just before the skies cleared a bit was a bonus.

There could be more of a mix today and certainly more brightness than recently in the northeast if the satellite imagery is to be believed...

http://www.sat24.com/de/gb

Posted

Very light graupel shower just passed through. Interestingly it's milder here than yesterday despite the -10c uppers, must be the low-level mixing off the North Sea. Currently 4c/-4c.

Edit: a few glimpses of the sun poking through now - most welcome! :-)

Edited by Hawesy

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

i'm no expert but should that ppn not be shown as snow

13022406_2306.gif13022406_2306.gif13022406_2306.gif13022406_2306.gif

i'm no expert but should that ppn not be shown as snow

I think you're right to be querying it, the stats would indicate snow. For whatever reason if the precip is going to be very light then the precip type models have a tendency to show it as rain rather than snow. I have no idea why but it is a rather frustrating glitch in the machine, isn't it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Currently 1.9c. Dp. -3.4c. Sun slowly starting to make an appearance. However still small flakes of snow in the air ....nice to see.Bitterly cold out there though .

Glasgow Airport TAF now picking up on possible light snow showers between 6am and 12pm tomorrow:

TAF EGPF 231102Z 2312/2412 08003KT 9999 SCT035 PROB30 TEMPO

2406/2412 4000 -SHSN BKN009 =

Edinburgh Aiport TAF now forecasting possible light snow showers between 12pm and 3pm today and again from 6pm tonight to 12pm tomorrow:

TAF EGPH 231100Z 2312/2412 03005KT 9999 FEW035 TEMPO 2312/2315 7000

-SHSN PROB40 TEMPO 2318/2412 5000 -SHSN BKN012 =

Prestwick Airport has been reporting light snow showers on and off all morning.

Posted

I think you're right to be querying it, the stats would indicate snow. For whatever reason if the precip is going to be very light then the precip type models have a tendency to show it as rain rather than snow. I have no idea why but it is a rather frustrating glitch in the machine, isn't it?

yeah it is and it looks like its gonna have to be an other curtain twitcher instead of being able to trust the things that should be telling us what is coming from the sky

Posted

Much better day than expected here: we now have sunny spells and the temp is up to 5.2c.

Posted

Technically it's not scotland but Berwick V Rangers on ESPN some nice snow falling there now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Beginning with S ending with W ;)

Anyone watching Rangers on ESPN as the snow is more exciting that the game itself! Berwick are home team.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Sleety shower here, temperature 5.4C though so more chance of me diffracting through the wall into the next room than there is of it lying. Still, if there's more overnight when temperatures drop away we could be looking at a covering for some places.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Wintry showers here this afternoon. Current temp 2.2C.

Met O further outlook now reflecting a Northerly influence in March.

Sleety shower here, temperature 5.4C though so more chance of me diffracting through the wall into the next room than there is of it lying. Still, if there's more overnight when temperatures drop away we could be looking at a covering for some places.

Love the thought of you diffracting through the wall, I can imagine the look of surprise on the faces of anyone in the next room. Perhaps if you were a quantum snowman you could manage the leap?!

I dropped Mrs C off at work in Kelso earlier and by the time I left there was fairly moderate snow falling but not gathering. We only caught the northern end of that snowfall up near Westruther (about 16 miles north of Kelso), but there is a dusting left on the ground and the hill to my north is dusted white. Incredibly there are still some small remnants of the snow from the 21st of January left along some of the field boundaries at the same elevation as my house. There had already been snow on the ground for a week or two before that snowstorm, so it has hung around for a considerable length of time. Not really a surprise given the size of some of the drifts that we had.

Posted

post-18233-0-09466100-1361644006_thumb.p

post-18233-0-67156900-1361644024_thumb.p

nice chart from GEFS P2 if that came off would be a nice nationwide snow event that would see nearly everyone getting a covering if not a complete pasting

nice chart from GEFS P2 if that came off would be a nice nationwide snow event that would see nearly everyone getting a covering if not a complete pasting

If that (or anything close) comes off I'll give £50 to Comic Relief, no jokes :good:

One of these days one of the glory perturbations has to come off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Another non-descript week for Perth. Cold + no snow = expensive heating bill. No good in my books. If we can't get some snow roll on Spring. (Major TOORP over). aggressive.gif