Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 08/03/13 ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

Well looking at most of the automated forecasts (that i presume use GFS?) they still put me down for between 8-13mm, so using the 10:1 = 8-13cm ..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

And why should they,, they can go wherever they want, leave the poor birds alone lol.

Never tried eating a pasty in st ives then.

Edited by cornish snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Well looking at most of the automated forecasts (that i presume use GFS?) they still put me down for between 8-13mm, so using the 10:1 = 8-13cm ..

Yes, they are purely GFS based.

Posted

reading the model thread it seems like our chances are fading !! gutted !! i was hopeing to see one last snowfall before it warmed up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

so can anyone tell me what we are getting in truro area.... is it rain or the white stuff

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Never tried eating a pasty in st ives then.

plenty of times actually and yes I do feed them, I couldn't care less what other people say.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

so can anyone tell me what we are getting in truro area.... is it rain or the white stuff

keep your fingers crossed and I still think we will see somthing on Monday morning here in Truro :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

TBH, model watching the past 24 hours including the latest hi-res output suggests that there is an increasing chance of a lot of people in here being disappointed if it's laying snow they're after....Everything seems to be trending south from my viewpoint, maybe a lucky few along the south coast might see something, and up over Dartmoor.....North of a line Exeter - Southampton looks pretty much dry.......Still, that's the viewpoint from the model output, what happens in reality remains to be seen....I'm not trying to dampen the mood in here, just trying to be realistic

Looks like Radar watching tomorrow night, Radaritis ; inflammation of finger joints,caused by constent tightly crossed fingers whilst watching radar,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Looks like Radar watching tomorrow night, Radaritis ; inflammation of finger joints,caused by constent tightly crossed fingers whilst watching radar,

lol......many of us suffer from chronic 'Radaritis' all year around!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Some white stuff is likely but not a lot of it probably and probably a few hours at most, unlikely to stick. Thats from the main charts at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

plenty of times actually and yes I do feed them, I couldn't care less what other people say.

I here they are going to give fixed penalty notices for that kind of thing this summerrofl.gif

reading the model thread it seems like our chances are fading !! gutted !! i was hopeing to see one last snowfall before it warmed up

I think it's a case of wait and see now. Just be happy there's a chance.

Posted

I've had to switch to radaritis as lamp post watching has been decreed a dead sport by the local authorities, as they now turn off the street lights after 11, saving spending, but screwing (pardon me) up my lamp post watching opportunities.

Lets face this whole winter has been a case of "Lets wait and see" thank goodness this is the last shout, I am so fed up of "Let's get the cold in and wait for the snow".

Bring me summer it's the time, bring me summer let the sun shine....

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

I've had to switch to radaritis as lamp post watching has been decreed a dead sport by the local authorities, as they now turn off the street lights after 11, saving spending, but screwing (pardon me) up my lamp post watching opportunities.

Lets face this whole winter has been a case of "Lets wait and see" thank goodness this is the last shout, I am so fed up of "Let's get the cold in and wait for the snow".

Bring me summer it's the time, bring me summer let the sun shine....

Like that...ha. We are still waiting for the cold......No cold in the whole winter.....only for something potentially cold to turn up in March.

Coldest night IMBY back in December -2.2.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Boooooo. I go out for the day and it all goes wrong!!! Will I not be getting my snow day on Monday? :-(

Posted

Hi All

long term lurker not a big poster unless its summer time storms

after a trip to the big smoke today left home at 5am this morning to a balmy 7-8 oC bit murky arrived to a very murky London which got increasingly colder as the day wore on.

The cold was being fed on a strengthing east flow, it was SOO nice to come back to a sub-tropical climate? if not for long

Edited by the storm fisherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Just a re-post of my post in the MOD (yes, I know I'm mad to post in there....lol)

Thought I'd pop it in here, as the ECM12Z does dangle a carrot for us to a certain degree in the short term

good spot Nick, ECM has LP centre definitely further north at T48 compared with UKMO & GFS 12z outputs....LP centre deeper on the ECM output than UKMO.....I would imagine if verified this would throw ppn further north and north east as well as strengthening ppn signal?

comparison charts from meteociel, GFS/UKMO/ECM 12z outputs at T48

post-4149-0-87911500-1362852952_thumb.pn post-4149-0-40927800-1362852947_thumb.gi post-4149-0-82410100-1362852931_thumb.gi

Posted

Hello fellow southerners - just popping in from the 'other side'.

To those of you feeling a tad deflated about Monday's prospects, have a peek at the 12Z WRF now running.

It might put a smile back on your faces!

This isn't a done deal yet by a long way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind, storms

Still looking good for us in the Channel Islands !! Sledges at the ready !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

Been really nice here today. If the snow misses, then I will not be chuffed but if it does then let's get some warmth. Meto for Monday had light snow for six hours, now nothing. Lets hope it changes again.

Posted

Latest ECM still has 6-12mm precipitation for Pompey on Monday/Tuesday ... by the way, replace the word Portsmouth with your town for your area

www.yr.no/sted/Storbritannia/England/Portsmouth/langtidsvarsel.html

Posted

Best i can do , from the ECM precipitation charts, the surface charts look like the precipitation would be further North , but the precipitation charts are having none of it ..

130309_1200_54.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Best i can do , from the ECM precipitation charts, the surface charts look like the precipitation would be further North , but the precipitation charts are having none of it ..

130309_1200_54.png

If it came that close and missed us I don't think id know wheather to laugh or cry! rofl.gifcray.gif

Thank god I am going to get smashed in the pub and wont surface until it is almost starting so the agony wont last as long good.gif

Posted

just seen this in the mod thread, hopefully we are back in the game :)

Posted 16 minutes ago

star_big.png

POPULAR

About an hour ago, Ops Centre notified us of the following GM modifications; i.e. prior to full EC suite availability:

" T+48/60: Moved main precipitation band in the south 60 n miles further north (T+48), supported by NAE (modified) and Arpege, and 80 n miles further NW supported by GFS and Arpege.

T+72: Moved main low over continent 100 n miles further east towards Arpege solution, with GFS giving more modest support.

T+84: No modifications necessary, GFS and Arpege provide support for GM solution."

--------------------------

Ian K. Fergusson

Twitter: @fergieweather

Posted

just seen this in the mod thread, hopefully we are back in the game smile.png

Posted 16 minutes ago

star_big.png

POPULAR

About an hour ago, Ops Centre notified us of the following GM modifications; i.e. prior to full EC suite availability:

" T+48/60: Moved main precipitation band in the south 60 n miles further north (T+48), supported by NAE (modified) and Arpege, and 80 n miles further NW supported by GFS and Arpege.

T+72: Moved main low over continent 100 n miles further east towards Arpege solution, with GFS giving more modest support.

T+84: No modifications necessary, GFS and Arpege provide support for GM solution."

--------------------------

Ian K. Fergusson

Twitter: @fergieweather

Just the kinda news i was hoping for tbh, im firmly believing this will deliver some decent snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

60 miles further north.. am I reading that right surely that would be up to south wales bristol area and most of west country?