Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion 09/03/13 18z ----->

A.J

Posted

here is my gripe, if the ppn charts cannot be trusted to verify till 12 to 24 hours before then why are muppets on the mod thread trying to forecast where the snowline and ppn will be 4 to 5 days from now, really bakes my noodle

With small scale features it's impossible to accurately depict 48 or even 12 hours out. However when it comes to low pressure it's a given that there'll be line of PPN on the frontal boundary and these can be easier to predict, at times up to T120 but sometimes at just T24. Friday's front has been the same since yesterday, the boundary lying between Yorkshire and Southern Scotland. The GFS though has thrown a spanner in the works with a track further south on the 18Z.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

radar showing turning to snow over n/york moors now and the vale of york now , ant one around in those areas ?

Posted

With small scale features it's impossible to accurately depict 48 or even 12 hours out. However when it comes to low pressure it's a given that there'll be line of PPN on the frontal boundary and these can be easier to predict, at times up to T120 but sometimes at just T24. Friday's front has been the same since yesterday, the boundary lying between Yorkshire and Southern Scotland. The GFS though has thrown a spanner in the works with a track further south on the 18Z.

thats what im on about though cheese rice, tonights 18z dropped the front a bit further south, yet the met are sticking with it being further north or east or north.its far to early to tell , yet the folk in the south are jumping to conclusions or the gun like its going to be nailed on . there is still a load of runs between now and the weekend . what im best amazed at really anyway is the synoptics and the time of year even to be discussing outcomes of a very cold period and the so called north atlantic jet stream taking a vacation to the southern atlantic jet stream lol . we should all be thinking about mowing the lawn by now...and opening our windows, not a bloody prayer!!

in fact ive just booked my hens in at the dentists for a check up ... how rare is that lol ... then im taking them out for a boob job !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

thats what im on about though cheese rice, tonights 18z dropped the front a bit further south, yet the met are sticking with it being further north or east or north.its far to early to tell , yet the folk in the south are jumping to conclusions or the gun like its going to be nailed on . there is still a load of runs between now and the weekend . what im best amazed at really anyway is the synoptics and the time of year even to be discussing outcomes of a very cold period and the so called north atlantic jet stream taking a vacation to the southern atlantic jet stream lol . we should all be thinking about mowing the lawn by now...and opening our windows, not a bloody prayer!!

in fact ive just booked my hens in at the dentists for a check up ... how rare is that lol ... then im taking them out for a boob job !!

It's desperation on their part - only recent runs have trended south, and who is to say that the trend will continue throughout the week? But I expected as much, typical 'southern correction' nonsense. These people are making the model thread insufferable.

Edited by Aaron

Posted

All snow now, but struggled to get there. Very wet out there but just starting to settle on grass and cars, but can't see us having a cover in the morning at this rate.

As I said, you guys further west and higher up should do well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Nothing falling here at the moment

Posted

cheers Aaron, and whom is to say there wont be a lot of toys thrown out of the prams in a few days too down south.

all i know is at the moment somewhere in the uk is probably going to get hit and hit hard will it be yorkshire will it be glouscter.. ok typo lol

im so tempted to jump on there and say the north is going to get walloped and you lot in the south are going to need your brollies while we go sledging... just no charts to prove it Booooo!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

Fax does!! Temp was0.9 here now upto 1.6.

Posted

Very modest height making a difference here. Slushy cover now, but even in the dark a close hill is much whiter and it's only 30m higher. Should be a decent cover on top of the Wolds now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather,sun,clouds,hate rain .

sleet just arriving in scarborough now, temp 36f , windchill 26f , dew point 34f

Posted

sleet just arriving in scarborough now, temp 36f , windchill 26f , dew point 34f

Oi get to bed lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather,sun,clouds,hate rain .

Oi get to bed lol

lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Snowing.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

light snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

the front seems to be dying already before its even got across, lets hope it peps up again through the night or this will be another non-event :(

Posted

Sleet and snow through the night. Wrong side of marginal though and nothing stuck. Just wet and miserable out there but snow falling now.

Thanks to everyone for pointing out my readings. I wonder how long it's been wrong.

Colin pointed it out last week but i thought it was just a one off!

My station has a fault that means as soon as Dew Point drops below 0.0C it reads -170.5C! Instead i take the temp and RH and enter them on this website to calculate dew point.

http://www.decatur.d.../dew/index.html

Is it my station or the website?

I'd appreciate it if someone who has access to a dew point reading would use the website and let me know if it's correct. If so i'll be looking for a new station! smile.png

MO showing heavy snow here for Saturday rather than Friday. Chances will be better than last night if the front positions right!

Edited by PMPhotography

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Looked impressively cold in the early hours with a frost. However the snow event is another none event so far.

Posted

Light snow fall in Morley although its certainly blowing in the wind slight covering on cars ad rooftops extra but everything is to wet to settle on the roads

Posted

Just been out slight covering like I said still snowing but lot of the ground to wet seems to be getting heavier tho!!

post-2845-0-50595200-1363760266_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...

Snowing quite heavily here now. Covering the cars and roofs very quickly and it's only been going about 10mins. Any idea how long it's supposed to go on for?

Posted

Just been out slight covering like I said still snowing but lot of the ground to wet seems to be getting heavier tho!!

Dartmouth park????