Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion 09/03/13 21z---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

If you put the radar on playback you can see the change in wind direction by comparing the movement of the showers over England between the ones forming in NE Scotland. The showers in England are moving SW, whilst the ones up in Scotland are moving South. I am hoping the showers to the North will intensify and hit us early morning......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

looking at the direction of those showers in scotland i cant see any hitting darlo tommorrow on its current flow which is probs why these no warnings in place mindue we have had our fair share today, its not a straight northernly to me it looks like its coming from the north west, or am i talking rubbish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

looking at the direction of those showers in scotland i cant see any hitting darlo tommorrow on its current flow which is probs why these no warnings in place mindue we have had our fair share today, its not a straight northernly to me it looks like its coming from the north west, or am i talking rubbish

I agree most of the snow tomorrow will be confined to the coastal strip

We may see the odd shower but nothing like today

Edited by Gavin.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

I agree most of the snow tomorrow will be confined to the coastal strip

We may see the odd shower but nothing like today

its freezing out there my back garden temp is -3.9

Posted

its freezing out there my back garden temp is -3.9

I know its freezing tonight the wind is making it feel even colder

Posted

I know its freezing tonight the wind is making it feel even colder

The temp up here has risen over a degree in the last couple of hours. Its now 0c

Posted

The more shower development up in the north the better, as the north westerly flow will be shortlived as the wind is forecast to quickly turn northerly, pulling the ppn down then cost. The question is where along the coast will it hit?

Edited by Freezing-Point

Posted

The more shower development up in the north the better, as the north westerly flow will be shortlived as the wind is forecast to quickly turn northerly, pulling the ppn down then cost. The question is where along the coast will it hit?

thanks for that i wasnt aware of that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

All eyes on later tomorrow and Wednesday now for the next significant snow risk.

Posted

The temp up here has risen over a degree in the last couple of hours. Its now 0c

yeah here to its gone from -2.3 30 mins ago to -0.7

yeah here to its gone from -2.3 30 mins ago to -0.7

dp -10.7 tho Edited by Boro Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Lovely cold and crisp on snow covered ground out there! About an inch at a guess

Posted

Light snow falling in darlo. Not much on the radar after this tho

Posted

Snow starting to get heavier n ppn has pepped up. Right off to work enjoy

Posted

Looking at the radar, showers seem to be travelling south, missing our region and hitting Yorkshire instead. Time to turn our attention to what the Northerly may bring starting from later tonight.

Edited by Snowmaggedon

Posted

A carcking start in darlo as expected the bulk of the cloud is along the coast here inland its sunny with barely a cloud in the sky the sun is now getting to work outside my house in melting the snow.

Currently +1.6c

The Dew Point: is still very low at -7.7 °C hopefully that will increase during the day and this snow will start to shift more

current.jpg?1363080932

Edited by Gavin.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

Met Office forecast pretty bullish for frequent wintry showers off this upcoming Northerly for our area.

Wednesday and Thursday could be fun!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

I have my eye on tomorrow evening - we could see showers before then, but during the evening a trough is predicted to move in from the coast, and I could see us getting a fair bit from it.

Edited by Alza

Posted

The snow warning for later this afternoon and tomorrow morning has been extended inland to Darlo now

Issued at: 10:47 on Tuesday 12th March 2013

Valid from: 17:00 on Tuesday 12th March 2013

Valid to: 11:00 on Wednesday 13th March 2013

Snow showers will affect parts of northern and eastern Scotland from Tuesday evening, spreading to parts of northeastern and eastern England overnight and into Wednesday morning. Accumulations of snow will be rather variable at lower levels but with 1-3 cm in places overnight. Meanwhile, over higher ground, localised accumulations of 5-10 cm are possible. The public should be aware of the potential for disruption, especially to travel.

Chief Forecaster's assessment

Brisk northerly winds will bring frequent snow and hail showers, some of them heavy, into northeastern Britain, with greatest accumulations over higher ground, where temporary blizzard conditions are likely during heavier showers. Icy stretches are expected to be additional hazard, primarily on untreated roads and pavements.

Posted

The snow warning for later this afternoon and tomorrow morning has been extended inland to Darlo now

Issued at: 10:47 on Tuesday 12th March 2013

Valid from: 17:00 on Tuesday 12th March 2013

Valid to: 11:00 on Wednesday 13th March 2013

Snow showers will affect parts of northern and eastern Scotland from Tuesday evening, spreading to parts of northeastern and eastern England overnight and into Wednesday morning. Accumulations of snow will be rather variable at lower levels but with 1-3 cm in places overnight. Meanwhile, over higher ground, localised accumulations of 5-10 cm are possible. The public should be aware of the potential for disruption, especially to travel.

Chief Forecaster's assessment

Brisk northerly winds will bring frequent snow and hail showers, some of them heavy, into northeastern Britain, with greatest accumulations over higher ground, where temporary blizzard conditions are likely during heavier showers. Icy stretches are expected to be additional hazard, primarily on untreated roads and pavements.

i bet ya happy about that then gavin lol Edited by Boro Snow

Posted

i bet ya happy about that then gavin lol

I'm happy with the sun today as its melting a lot of the snow in non shaded areas, much more is going now than what would in say January with the roads now wet from the melt so any snow would struggle to settle with not much expected Ice would be the main issue I think if it stays clear for a long time over night

Getting close to 4.5c here now with the dew point upto -5.7°C from a low of -10.1°C

Posted

I'm happy with the sun today as its melting a lot of the snow in non shaded areas, much more is going now than what would in say January with the roads now wet from the melt so any snow would struggle to settle with not much expected Ice would be the main issue I think if it stays clear for a long time over night

Getting close to 4.5c here now with the dew point upto -5.7°C from a low of -10.1°C

depends how quickly the temps drop tonight, and to be honest my side of the road doesnt ever see the sun so we still have a few inches were on the other side its not even wet its bone dry so i reckon it still should lay

Posted

also pierremont says its 6.4c cant be right mine in my garden says 4.1c n that other one says its 7.9 again clearly in the sun

Posted

Is the Northerly tomorrow going to be similar to yesterday, as in hit or miss showers? Or will the precipitation come in organised bands?

somebody correct me if im wrong but im sure northerlys always bring shower conditions and yes hit or miss, looking at the radar and the one i use is raintoday.co.uk the showers are quite far apart and not very heavy but things might change Edited by Boro Snow