Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion 09/03/13 21z---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

im sure the wind is changing to a northnly because that heavy band of showers just dropped south ever so slightly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

The showers seem to be merging in the north sea so someone could see a longer spell of snow. Just hope the showers dont start dying away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

im sure the wind is changing to a northnly because that heavy band of showers just dropped south ever so slightly

Yes its certainly shifting around its currently a north to north easterly

Posted

Still plenty of showers on the radar but there becoming less frequent here now still looking like more are coming

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Snow showers will continue this evening before slowly becoming lighter and more isolated overnight. A further 1-3cm is likely in places whilst icy stretches are likely on untreated surfaces where snow melts and re-freezes. from the met office for the north east

Edited by Boro Snow

Posted

Still plenty of showers on the radar but there becoming less frequent here now still looking like more are coming

i agree but the showers look like they are being pushed further and further south so maybe 2 hours left of the heavier ppn and of course these that light stuff

currently in northumberland to come aswell, snowing heavy now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

Wow absulute whiteout here, Blizzard is a word that i would chose to describe it, best shower of the day by far.

Edited by seabreeze86

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting!

Think that's quite enough snow now lol, I wonder if this is the end or the beginning? Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in the winter. Warmth in the summer

Showers seem to be dying out now. Was caught in a nice whiteout at wynyard this morning. Visability was down to about 50yds.

Posted

Think that's quite enough snow now lol, I wonder if this is the end or the beginning? Lol

I think it is they'll continue to die out during the evening to become localized I doubt we'll see this sort of set up again for a while again these uppers are hard to get in winter let alone spring!

Posted

I think it is they'll continue to die out during the evening to become localized I doubt we'll see this sort of set up again for a while again these uppers are hard to get in winter let alone spring!

what uppers did we end up with -14

Posted

what uppers did we end up with -14

Yeah for you coldies out there you may want to save the below image

ECM0-0.GIF?11-0

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting!

Not going to lie, I was dreading having to go out in this tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Teesside has the luck of the shower flow today. All showers dying off now, then all eyes to the north as the wind changes from ne to n, this should bring some snow down the east coast around 6am.

Posted

Teesside has the luck of the shower flow today. All showers dying off now, then all eyes to the north as the wind changes from ne to n, this should bring some snow down the east coast around 6am.

Let's hope so - it's been a frustrating day all in all. It would be nice to have a 24 hr blizzard event with lying snow!... I seem to remember having something similar earlier this year, but not nearly as impressive as what the CI, Kent, and Sussex are getting.

When was the last proper blizzard we got up here?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Let's hope so - it's been a frustrating day all in all. It would be nice to have a 24 hr blizzard event with lying snow!... I seem to remember having something similar earlier this year, but not nearly as impressive as what the CI, Kent, and Sussex are getting.

When was the last proper blizzard we got up here?

I have not seen one at my elevation since Feb 1991. I judge this by the size of the drifts, which down country roads were level with hedges. Before that you have to go back to the early eightys when there were quite a few and then the new years blizzard of 1979 when we had gale force winds with a upper air temp similar to now. There was not actually that much snow fell. What did was blown from where it fell into entrapment areas, blocking many roads. On many surfaces there was no snow at all. It must have been even worse on the hilly areas.

Edited by Freezing-Point

Posted

The snow showers are now starting to die out attention then turns to coastal ares tomorrow once the wind shifts to a northerly inland areas should see some sunshine and just the odd scattered snow shower

Edited by Gavin.

Posted

Well we seemed go be in a Good spot for snow today, an inch early morning then fréquent albeit light shortlived showers all day, à wonderful day weather and an ice day. Snow crisp out of the Sun and icicles everywhere, proof winter doesnt end in mid feb as dôme seen to think.

Well we seemed go be in a Good spot for snow today, an inch early morning then fréquent albeit light shortlived showers all day, à wonderful day weather and an ice day. Snow crisp out of the Sun and icicles everywhere, proof winter doesnt end in mid feb as dôme seen to think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

Incredibly it's been a bit of a non-event here.

Had some showers which were fairly light in nature but as I was out and about earlier I could see the tremendous shower clouds north and south of us, terribly fustrating!