Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion 09/03/13 21z---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Yep there are a few darker reds popping up now plenty more to come its just a case of whether they keep coming in short lived showers or merge into longer bands

im surprised at the lack of thaw tho only on the roof tops as far as i can see, no dripping mindue the current temp in my bk garden is 0c

Posted

Mate, if this winter has disappointed you I would suggest upping sticks and maybe trying Scandinavia!

A bit nippy over in scandi today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

im surprised at the lack of thaw tho only on the roof tops as far as i can see, no dripping mindue the current temp in my bk garden is 0c

Got dripping off the garage here and its melting along the patch which is getting full sunshine but shaded areas are not melting currently -0.2°C day time high so far 2.1°C

An early look to what summer may have on offer and the rest of spring http://forum.netweat...60#entry2636753

Edited by Gavin.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

We've had a fair number of heavy snow and grauple showers today, but it doesn't look very wintry as the snow has blown off all the rooftops.

Posted

Looking at the radar I have been annoyingly close to the heavier stuff today. Luckily the dry slot is filling in now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

Heavy snow and hail showers here on and off all day, they seem to be getting abit more beefy now. Not much accumalating thow as it keeps on being blown around.

Temp down to -1.4 in the heavy showers, that is impressive for March the 11th, this cold spell had delivered here and looks like there is more to come this evening.

Posted

Ironically I think it is too cold for large accumulations as any snow which falls is so dry that it just gets blown away again.

Posted

Any more snow on the horizon over the coming week, does anyone know?

Posted

Ironically I think it is too cold for large accumulations as any snow which falls is so dry that it just gets blown away again.

I've been thinking that the snow here today has often been of a powder type which is blowing around in the wind

Another hail shower has just started here

Posted

Wednesday has potential, but the winds will be N'ly so we could miss the showers, and during the afternoon it will be a bit marginal. After a brief less cold blip at the end of the week there is certainly a decent chance of another cold snap next week as well.

It is amazing that the deepest cold we've had in a long time has arrived in March, hopefully that'll silence anyone who thinks March is too late for proper wintry weather!

Edited by Alza

Posted

Any more snow on the horizon over the coming week, does anyone know?

By Thursday and Friday rain is more likely than snow once temperatures rise to around 6c I don't think they'll be much around after today tbh coastal counties may get some but inland looks unlikely at this stage

Edited by Gavin.

Posted

Yup was quite funny in town a load of snow got blown into this poor lass she was mortified lmao. Driving home it was literally just blowing off the road its quite pellet-y in nature the snow that's been falling, and is again now.

The first thing I thought as i was outside this morning was how warm it felt in the sun, that was until the wind hit and really is the coldest wind i've felt in a long while it was perishing!

Posted

It reached -0.5C earlier, and it is now -2C with these snow showers so an ice day could well be on the cards.

Posted

The "zone" of heavier showers is slowly spreading north so newcastle joining in the fun

in the next couple of hours.

Posted

Just watched the bbc news dident even show our area just concentrated on the snow in the south what a suprise. Anybody with a radar with the exception of the channal islands can see we are getting the must heavy snow showers.

Rant over

Posted

Just watched the bbc news dident even show our area just concentrated on the snow in the south what a suprise. Anybody with a radar with the exception of the channal islands can see we are getting the must heavy snow showers.

Rant over

To be fair though the constant heavy blizzard-like conditions in the far S and Channel islands is miles more impressive than the non-settling showers we're getting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Rant over

i agree other than the channel islands which i have to say are getting a pasting 8-9 inchs when i just checked on there thread, these nowt much going on down there its just clipping the south coast, maybe kent i suppose

Posted

To be fair though the constant heavy blizzard-like conditions in the far S and Channel islands is miles more impressive than the non-settling showers we're getting.

I get your point but i am not saying we are getting conditions like the Channel islands, but not to even show the north of the country is not right. Visability in the heavy snow showers is very poor and a least worth a mention.Also accumalations after dark will be become an issue if the showers keep coming.

It happen time and time again on the beeb forecasts and is becoming tiresome.

Edited by seabreeze86