Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion 09/03/13 21z---->

A.J

Posted

HREC goes for sunshine and sporadic snow showers tonight and throughout tomorrow. The shower activity shifts emphasis southwards afterwards-

Blimey, sunshine tonight!!!

Posted

HREC goes for sunshine and sporadic snow showers tonight and throughout tomorrow. The shower activity shifts emphasis southwards afterwards-

And snow potential after that?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in the winter. Warmth in the summer

drop a location in Mick, otherwise nobody knows where you are referring to.

Consett

Posted

Easterlies can really be a bit hit and miss and so far tonight has been a bit of a miss unfortunately, in fairness fair amount of showers across the region but they are not the strongest looking showers will ever see and we only a got a very light covering so far. As I said earlier, I prefer Northerlies just because shower distribution along the east coast tend to be more even and the showers tend to be more organised.

No doubt though, if your area can get into that "stream" of those showers then your in the business, problem with around here, they tend to weaken as they get here which is a bit frustrating.

There is also no point keeping an eye on which showers might hit you as there shape and size will always change, especially tonight as the showers are not the beefiest we'll ever see but of course, if you get caught in one, you will sure know about it.

Just one of those nights so far therefore I really hope the Northerly flow comes off without much downgrades!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

Easterlies can really be a bit hit and miss and so far tonight has been a bit of a miss unfortunately, in fairness fair amount of showers across the region but they are not the strongest looking showers will ever see and we only a got a very light covering so far. As I said earlier, I prefer Northerlies just because shower distribution along the east coast tend to be more even and the showers tend to be more organised.

No doubt though, if your area can get into that "stream" of those showers then your in the business, problem with around here, they tend to weaken as they get here which is a bit frustrating.

There is also no point keeping an eye on which showers might hit you as there shape and size will always change, especially tonight as the showers are not the beefiest we'll ever see but of course, if you get caught in one, you will sure know about it.

Just one of those nights so far therefore I really hope the Northerly flow comes off without much downgrades!

Cracking post and so far proving very accurate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Just had another snow shower, a decent 1cm cover now.

Posted

just brought the dogs back in.that is the coldest I've felt all winter says -8c windchill here on the station,was bliddy colder than that i'm sure.

Another blizzard here in Consett

Mick go to your profile page and simply pop ya location in.it will come up under your name when you post.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Blizzard finally

Posted

Heavier snow arriving here now, just as I'm off to bed :D

Posted

It feels bitter out there. Some canny mini blizzards thru the night, best at 4am A181 Thornley in a temp of -4° and very heavy blowing snow. Exceptional for the time of year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Nothing but a little graupel n small hail lying here n thete on the pavements very very disapointng

Posted

Temp -3.5 dp-6.6

Posted

Well just as i finished typing i looked outside total whiteout with good sized flakes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Looks like a NE/ENE flow with the bulk of the action moving into NE Yorkshire, E Yorkshire and the Midlands, and perhaps southern parts. Still some shower activity bubbling up outside the Firth and beyond, so expect a few showers to add to the total today. 1cm here and it's cold. Very, very cold.

Posted

2cm here but nothing on the rooftops as its so dry.

Wow blizzard conditions here!

Edited by Alza

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Light Covering here

Posted

2/3 cm has fallen over the last hour from 3 very heavy showers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

A dusting here but the main factor is the wind chill im registering -8.1 brrrrrrrr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

Woke up to a nice covering this morning.

Slightly disappointed as when I went to bed at 01:30 it was a whiteout outside with blizzardous conditions so was expecting a better fall to be honest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

around 3cm in Darlo this morning we have a mix of snow showers and sunshine once the sun gets round further it will start to melt this lot

So far nothing major

The met office snow warning expires at 10:00am and so far no more have been issued for today

Edited by Gavin.