Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion 10/03/13 09z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

really nice looking forecast here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/21824040

Posted

Well it looks like the Met Office have taken Dundee and Fife off the Yellow warnings for Monday, and just hanging on for Tuesday ! More likely to be Sleety stuff for my neck of the woods sorry.gif

Posted

Well it looks like the Met Office have taken Dundee and Fife off the Yellow warnings for Monday, and just hanging on for Tuesday ! More likely to be Sleety stuff for my neck of the woods sorry.gif

I still think it may go either way. My thought is snow will be falling, but may be too modified to accumulate, but tiny variations to the good and who knows.

Posted

Yes, suspect we might be on the wrong side of marginal here as well sadly

Posted

Well, only last month when many of us had a big breakdown snow event, Dundee and parts of Fife weren't included in the yellow warning area from the Met Office beforehand.

Dundee ended up with 10-12 cms of snow that day...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Monday night into Tuesday was always touch and go for coastal areas, inland looks fine for the most part but how far north that warm sector gets will remain a matter of debate. Tuesday morning through into Wednesday still looks very good for snowfall with temperatures generally no higher than 2-3C at most and most of the time well below that, and uppers once established will only continue to get colder through to Thursday. After that the snowfall risk will remain, either from a breakdown attempt from the south-southwest which would likely bring a period of frontal snowfall or from a mega easterly with a reload of very cold uppers off the continent.

Worth noting that the ECM has moved the boundary slightly (50-100 miles) further south for tomorrow so snow would be most likely:

ECM0-24.GIF?17-0

Well, only last month when many of us had a big breakdown snow event, Dundee and parts of Fife weren't included in the yellow warning area from the Met Office beforehand.

Dundee ended up with 10-12 cms of snow that day...

Yep, ignore the warning system for the most part, it's almost impossible to get a good judgement of an event from them. Look at the MO precipitation charts and the temperature/DP/ uppers profiles on the mesoscales and also the skew-ts if needed to get a good feel for how it's likely to pan out.

Posted

Agreed @ Lomondsnowstorm.

This winter, for my own area, I have found the warning system quite poor to say the least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

New thread coming!

Please finish off any posts or hold off posting charts etc and I'll link new one shortly....

locking this one now !

Edited by MKsnowangel