Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion 10/03/13 09z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Woke about 7.30 to lovely thick falling snow in South Suburban Embra... up and dressed in record time, scampered merrily downstairs... to find it had all stopped and melted and gone away... :'(

Posted

I wonder what conditions will be like after the snow warning comes into force after 4pm? :p

Edit: meant to add that there is a moderate mix of graupel and snow falling here and things are looking increasingly wintry outside with a up to a couple of inches of white stuff in places and everything covered.

Edited by doctormog

Posted

My part of fife looks just like the pic of Dundee with heavy snow on again. Supposed to be taking wee one To Ben and Holly live show-will attempt it but not sure how roads will be come 12pm!! Not sure ill get to Edinburgh to see my mum either. Anyone with any weather reports in S/Edinburgh-Liberton area?

Posted

I'm in Ayrshire for the morning and the snow showers are making it all the the way through here:) West Lothian looking increasingly white from the traffic cams as well for the drive back later..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Christmas card whiteout here. Sky is full of SNAW !!!

Bootiful

Posted

My part of fife looks just like the pic of Dundee with heavy snow on again. Supposed to be taking wee one To Ben and Holly live show-will attempt it but not sure how roads will be come 12pm!! Not sure ill get to Edinburgh to see my mum either. Anyone with any weather reports in S/Edinburgh-Liberton area?

You'll be fine. Bit of lying snow in places higher up but nothing disruptive at the minute. Bypass clear.

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Back on heavy not melting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Only flurries in Perth, not lying. Blow-torch in the sky out! Temp. +1.1C/-1.6C. Minimum was +0.7C at 06.47.

Posted

Well, well well, snow on the ground even here in Crail, so no need for anyone to worry about marginality ;-) Just a covering so far but with the coldest air not due to arrive until this evening, could be an interesting 24 hours ahead....

+1c.

Posted

Heavy dusty snow. Not melting. The snow making machine is revving up now in the North Sea.

Posted

The suns out here now and the temperature is rising pretty fast causing a bit of melt 1.9c/-2.4c. So much potential for heavy snow today with a lot of shower activity building in the North Sea.

Posted

Christmas card whiteout here. Sky is full of SNAW !!!

Bootiful

Wow, just looked at the traffic cams - looks bad! Any pics ? :D Will need to choose my journey time back over wisely, at least I've got the shovel and snow socks packed in the car.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snoooowwww with some thunderstorms on the side

Snow and loads of it! Must be over an inch lying. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Snaw showers only just clipping here so far. Currently getting a modest shower of pellets.

T 1.7 C, DP -0.4 C

Posted

Moderate to heavy snow now beginning to settle here near the west coast of Scotland :) (Killie)

Posted

Well, well well, snow on the ground even here in Crail, so no need for anyone to worry about marginality ;-) Just a covering so far but with the coldest air not due to arrive until this evening, could be an interesting 24 hours ahead....

+1c.

WOW. Excellent news. These events are nearly non exist ant for your corner of Fife. Hope you get pasted. I see SM dropped in and suggested some very exciting totals.