Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 10/03/13 17z---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

The end of the world is may not be nigh, but you can bet your ass that snowmageddon is upon us for some in our region, so.....with that in mind, carry on here please! biggrin.png

Old thread here ------> http://forum.netweat...3/page__st__700

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Im encouraged by the amount of precip to our North over Irish Sea/Bristol Channel etc right now as hopefully that will come back on us and fall as snow at some point anyway. It will snow here but the question is do we truly tap into the snow storm tomorrow or just get the bits and pieces on the edges so nothing noteworthy? Very close call here in South Cornwall.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

I was expecting rain initially so to have had snow flurrying at 3.7c and continuing now it's dropped to 2.1c is quite a surprise.

Nothing heavy so far, but a few moderate bursts among mainly snizzle/flurries.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Snowing here quite heavy in Wells, was chucking it down on the way over the hills back from Weymouth. Bring it on!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Whilst it is a rather lazy copout, I simply want to repost AWDs latest analysis in here for those who need to see a summary of the output and where we should be heading in the coming 24 to 48 hours.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 12z NAE;

post-12721-0-94711600-1362930404_thumb.jpgpost-12721-0-12025600-1362930411_thumb.jpgpost-12721-0-52913600-1362930417_thumb.jpg

GFS;

post-12721-0-11681700-1362930524_thumb.jpgpost-12721-0-20442800-1362930541_thumb.jpgpost-12721-0-16323600-1362930541_thumb.jpg

And UKMO;

post-12721-0-72452600-1362930584_thumb.jpgpost-12721-0-21088700-1362930591_thumb.jpgpost-12721-0-81367500-1362930599_thumb.jpg

All broadly similiar now in keeping the main thrust of PPN in the channel and over northern France. The Channel Islands could do pretty well out of this, along with the Isle of Wight and the extreme south coast, say Southampton/Portsmouth area, but move inland from the south coast and your chances quickly decrease.

The 06z GFS was always on its own with its northward extent, and thus needed further support from the 12z models. We still have the NMM and ECM to go. Otherwise its just a case of hoping for a model boob up and developments differing on radar.

Still game on for the extreme south coast and Channel Islands however. Good luck to those down there.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow/thunderstorms

Flash warning just been issues for isle of wight via wroxall weather. http://www.wroxall-weather.co.uk/warnings.html

Latest conditions here at bottom of page. http://www.isleofwightweather.co.uk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frosty / Warm but not hot with a steady breeze

Fine flakes here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

My view of this developing situation remains as before, recopied from the previous thread below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.9c now. The Temperature trend is quite astonishing for March 10th and with London forecast an ICE DAY tomorrow, the potential for SNOW is there for all of us. I still maintain that many of us will see a few snowflakes but other than that I suspect the immediate coastline and offshore islands will be the places for anything significant. Nevertheless, I am enjoying the thrill of the chase and I sincerely hope tomorrow (MARCH 11TH ohmy.png ) brings at least a few more flurries and a very late in the season ICE DAY. clap.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Light flakes in the wind here in Weston

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

12z GEFS seems to have received a more general northwards shift (albeit small - but noteworthy) in the position of the channel low at just T30.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in Winter, sunny in Summer :-)

Drove across the top of Dartmoor late this morning and got caught in very heavy snowfall near Princetown. Was nice to see but a bit hairy to drive in!! Back home now and it's cold, windy and drizzly. Fire lit and waiting to see what comes out of the sky later!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Tony, how about an original post?... lazy.gif

just kidding, but couldn't resist it! rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

light snow continues to fall along with the temperature but you can bet your ass that as soon as its cold enough to settle that will be the end of it aggressive.gif

0.9c dew point -4c

Posted

AJs comments from the last thread are also well worth heeding too IMHO, more espcially the final sentence. hi.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

out to T36 (Midnight monday night) and LP is shallower and further east, meaning, less ppn for the SW, more for the SE...in fact should 12z GFS verify then Sussex/Kent would do rather well from this......still, I'm probably guilty of a little over analyzing.....At this time scale, nowcasting and radar watching is the name of the game, model output IMHO is 3rd most relevant tool

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow... Summer storms. Anything a bit dangerous.

Hello. First post on the forum. Been snooping for a couple of years though. Nothing in the way of snow here in Newport on the Isle of Wight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Hello. First post on the forum. Been snooping for a couple of years though. Nothing in the way of snow here in Newport on the Isle of Wight.

Yet! :)

Oh, and Welcome.

Edited by AWD

Posted

Holy poo, now down to 1.7c AT with a DP of -0.1c and a windchill -1.6c. Considering I'm not within 60 miles of the warning area, I am liking the trend. clapping.gifcold.gif

Welcome aboard, please keep posting your reports and no more snooping from here on in. rofl.gifgood.gif

snoop-dogg-300a011807.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW GALES LIGHTNING

Light flakes in the wind here in Weston

what part of weston are u in

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Holy poo, now down to 1.7c AT with a DP of -0.1c and a windchill -1.6c. Considering I'm not within 60 miles of the warning area, I am liking the trend. clapping.gifcold.gif

Only going to get colder. Your windchill should approach high negative single figures overnight, along with mid negative Dewpoints.

Shame we haven't got a mass of PPN to go with it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Hello Dr Jim and welcome! Well, the BBC weather has just ruined my day. Looks like they believe we will see only light snow showers here tonight and tomorrow :( Mind you, 'they' have been wrong before. Great to see Cornwall with good risk of significant snow though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Drove across the top of Dartmoor late this morning and got caught in very heavy snowfall near Princetown. Was nice to see but a bit hairy to drive in!! Back home now and it's cold, windy and drizzly. Fire lit and waiting to see what comes out of the sky later!

Yeah, definitely had some heavy snow this morning.... Hoping for some more later now!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

Hello Dr Jim and welcome! Well, the BBC weather has just ruined my day. Looks like they believe we will see only light snow showers here tonight and tomorrow sad.png Mind you, 'they' have been wrong before. Great to see Cornwall with good risk of significant snow though.

They will not have had 12z data input into their forecast yet - whether it will change dramatically when they do, i dont know, but for now your best bet is radar and lamp post watching!

changed bed to best to save us from any kinky responses

Posted

Tony, how about an original post?... lazy.gif

just kidding, but couldn't resist it! rofl.gif

I am the original gangster don't you know. blum.gif

Original-Gangster.jpg

I have been virus ridden for a couple of weeks now and I don't have the energy to go into anything more than a paragraph at a time. help.gif I'm reserving my energy for a session of snow-watching or at least reading about other folk's blizzards. air_kiss.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

Really Snowing,starting to settlegood.gif been snowing for over an hour now,so windy!