Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 10/03/13 17z---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I love lamp post watching!

so do I!.....but the court injunction from the neighbours says I really must stop!! crazy.gif

They're saying southern England will get the snow basically?! So what are our forecasters talking about, super confused now?!!!

just keeping the spirits up! biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Your still looking ok on the GFS ....Met's view is it will be further North than some of the latest charts show as well ... That snow band behind the main one is about to hit Exeter btw .... (well within the next coupl of hours anyway ... )

Really?! Ill keep my eyes open then, can you share a link please?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Fear not! ...using my super laptop computer deciphering software, I've just decrypted this admission from no less than the President of France himself !!....

"l'anglais ....... ils vont obtenir toute la neige, les modèles sont faux, les français sont mauvais, les gens de Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Wiltshire, dans le Berkshire et Hants sont des dieux de neige!" wink.png

time to brush up on you french, either that or cheat using google translate...lol

Another plausible option would be as follows and to whisper sweet nothings in the French folks ears.

http://www.dailymail...-francaise.html

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

For anybody interested, i've stuck the windchill on to the graphs on my home page. Just click some of the legends to turn them off if it's a bit messy, i just have the temp/dew/windchill showing. :)

http://www.wareham-weather.co.uk/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter snow

Oh... Wish I didn't watch the latest BBC News forecast, very little precipitation hitting the SW or Indeed the South coast generally. Still time for it to change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

As much as its a case of nowcasting, but the latest NMM is not good. Maybe the Lizard point will get a little light snow but nothing more but given that it seems to be really underdoing the precipitation to our North etc, Im not taking the NMM literally one bit.

Hey, take that back, the latest NMM is beautiful IMBY :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

so do I!.....but the court injunction from the neighbours says I really must stop!! crazy.gif

just keeping the spirits up! biggrin.png

Ahh so not actually an 'announcement officiel?' Lol grrrr here's a present for you *throws a bomb* lmao ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

so hows it looking for cornwall on this snowy event to come , lower cornwall

i think we will still be seeing the white stuff later, don't know how much but what ever falls will be in the early hours. Late night for me in Truro :-)

Posted

Does anyone on here run Cumulus with there weather station and is quite handy with it? If so could you please say so i can PM you :)

Posted

Has the cold air arrived over Cornwall yet?

I doubt it the temps now 4.1 which is warmer than it was at 10 o'clock this morning beginning to think it ain't gonna happen, it has not happened all winter so i have no confidence that it will happen now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Ahh so not actually an 'announcement officiel?' Lol grrrr here's a present for you *throws a bomb* lmao tease.gif

you though I could actually speak french?.....holy smoke, I can barely speak english! laugh.png

Trust me, you're in a great spot for snowfall tonight and into tomorrow, I'm truly envious!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Oh... Wish I didn't watch the latest BBC News forecast, very little precipitation hitting the SW or Indeed the South coast generally. Still time for it to change.

In spite of people clinging onto the MetO or BBC might suggest, this is still far from a done deal, so I am keeping the faith all the way from Newbury in CSE. On that point, please would you so kind as to update your profile to reflect your location, haywood.

Thankyou kindly. good.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well the snow is starting to settle here now! just need to hold on to a decent ppn rate for abit longer air_kiss.gif

Posted

In fact to back up my thoughts above, this comes courtesy of the MetO regional warning.

There remains uncertainty about how far north the snow will spread, along with the extent of snow showers in the east.

Certainly no point in overanalysing the current media forecasts as they will be ever on the catch up with location reports from the like of us folk. dirol.gif I would imagine they will be watching the satellite imagery and radar like hawks from here on in. ph34r.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

snow in poole, light but snow and gusty easterly winds now :) feeling positive for dorset, think we are looking prime :)

Nothing here yet blow it over will ya!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Nothing here yet blow it over will ya!

Yeah, same here! Just drizzle - good luck with the lamp light watching Divadee!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Currently -0.5c now. Just need some PPN!! Is that sandwich we are stuck between in devon the main bit or is there more to come??

Posted

Oh the perils of living at low level!

Down here at 42m asl, the rain is slowly turning white but it's still coming down more like rain with just the occasional flake.

3.3mm today so far.

However, I see from the radar that this is just a period of light rain - is there more to come later tonight?

Temperature 2.0C (35.6F) and falling steadily.

Posted

Wahey hey heyyy its SNOWING

2/10 small flakes

Posted

Fear not! ...using my super laptop computer deciphering software, I've just decrypted this admission from no less than the President of France himself !!....

"l'anglais ....... ils vont obtenir toute la neige, les modèles sont faux, les français sont mauvais, les gens de Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Wiltshire, dans le Berkshire et Hants sont des dieux de neige!" wink.png

time to brush up on you french, either that or cheat using google translate...lol

HEY!!!! Why you leave out Sussex you 'orrible Mr French President!!! laugh.png

Posted

Currently -0.5c now. Just need some PPN!! Is that sandwich we are stuck between in devon the main bit or is there more to come??

dunno it's all a bit confusing at the mo