Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 10/03/13 17z---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Well now that as totally unexpected, been snowing in from for about 1.5 hrs i think, just came back from longleat , quite heavy 15 mins ago up there and big flakes appearing, smaller flakes here in frome but fairly moderate snow. Precipitaion band seems further north than they forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

I have a friend in Dulwich who likes to BBQ everything.. Yep even in winter . In fact that was our New Year's Eve dinner .. He has just reported on Facebook he has lit the BBQ.. And then another post proclaiming "snow" ... So snow now in London peeps!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

dunno it's all a bit confusing at the mo

Very true Barry, any light to be shed anyone??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

Forgot to mention, enjoy this upcoming warm spell in the next couple of days, there is an ice age coming and this is your summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

HEY!!!! Why you leave out Sussex you 'orrible Mr French President!!! laugh.png

Coz Sussex Sux?....

Just kidding!....I did post earlier this afternoon on how Sussex/Kent looked to be a prime spot tonight, but whilst you're welcome in this regional thread and I can never be seen to be in favour of geographical favouritism, I just can't help myself from saying on behalf of all us South Westerners, "GET ORF MOI LAAAAAAND!!!!!" .......just kidding! air_kiss.gif

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

Forgot to mention, enjoy this upcoming warm spell in the next couple of days, there is an ice age coming and this is your summer.

I am with you on that!! The new maunder minimum is coming!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: what's the bloody point when you live in Britain

Just talk the dog for a walk on the hill, face like a block of ice, very windy, and horizontal snow. Starting to settle now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, freezing rain, hail, thunderstorms!

Snowing lightly here, but some larger flakes here and there. Temp down to 1.6c and bitter easterly blowing.

Even though the ground etc is wet - there is already thin ice/slush on the car roof!

I'm about 65m ASL , 3 miles east of Somerton.

(Friends in Shepton report heavy snow falling and settling now)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Light snow is back on the met office app for tomorrow for here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Here in Delabole, North Cornwall we have icey rain with the occasional flake of snow, just hoping that it develops into more!

Edited by snowphie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Currently -0.5c now. Just need some PPN!! Is that sandwich we are stuck between in devon the main bit or is there more to come??

From what I've gathered, the current bands of precipitation visible on the radar are ahead of the main low pressure system. The main precipitation band is due to arrive very early tomorrow morning, though the northerly extent of this is highly uncertain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Still looks like a long wait for anything springlike or indeed warm in the future;

post-12721-0-17576900-1362939241_thumb.jpost-12721-0-57614800-1362939249_thumb.j

Posted

From what I've gathered, the current bands of precipitation visible on the radar are ahead of the main low pressure system. The main precipitation band is due to arrive very early tomorrow morning, though the northerly extent of this is highly uncertain.

Thanks for the info mate.

Posted

Oh dear I was hoping to see a few flakes before dark, perhaps tomorrow morning!!

No street lights here so have to creep down to the cold kitchen in the middle of the night to turn on the security light but not until a flake or 2 has landed on the velum window upstairs. Fluffy slippers at the ready!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

that amber warning is valid from 5 mintues past midnight (pumpkin turns into coach) (rain turns to snow) *grin*

until 9am Monday morning

I left westwood ho earlier in sleet

have travelled to Torquay

(drizzle / sleet mixture)

Waves splashing over sea wall between around Dawlish (ocean looks angry)

What happens next.... i dunno, but i'm opening a couple beers smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Oh dear I was hoping to see a few flakes before dark, perhaps tomorrow morning!!

No street lights here so have to creep down to the cold kitchen in the middle of the night to turn on the security light but not until a flake or 2 has landed on the velum window upstairs. Fluffy slippers at the ready!!!

I'm having to wear only one slipper as I had a foot tattoo the other day! One foot is toasty, the other freezing!

Posted

Think we are ok.... The Princetown generator has been filled up with coal so the lights should be on tonight!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Its snowing! Light but steady :)

Posted

Ours seems to look like it wants to turn to snow but then goes back to rain. I am so confused as to whats going on, the coast was supposed to get snow but the snow is in wiltshire where it wasnt going to snow. Some on here seem to think we'll get lots of snow tonight but the weather on tv says not but meto have yellow amber warnings out. Im getting dizzy just trying to keep up with it all lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

At 96hrs the ECM looks near identical to the GFS:

ECM1-96.GIF?10-0gfs-0-96.png?12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Looking at the 12z NMM/WRF run, the low is in the same place as on the 06z but 1mb less deep. Even so, precipitation is a lot less extensive in spatial coverage to the north of the main frontal belt - seems like the energy is staying more compacted with more precipitation in the Channel and less extending inland.

Things is, it's completely missed out the precipitation currently occuring inland across the SW - or in fact it might well have it too far south - just look at where the heavy precipitation to the SW is at 6 hours;

nmm-1-5-0.png?10-17

Down in the Channel rather than across the far SW. Similar issues to NAE perhaps...?

Edited by AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Ours seems to look like it wants to turn to snow but then goes back to rain. I am so confused as to whats going on, the coast was supposed to get snow but the snow is in wiltshire where it wasnt going to snow. Some on here seem to think we'll get lots of snow tonight but the weather on tv says not but meto have yellow amber warnings out. Im getting dizzy just trying to keep up with it all lol.

The colder uppers are arriving in the region as we speak. The main risk for snow is later tonight and especially after midnight into tomorrow morning, depending on the position of the low pressure system. So you will probably see at least some snow, just not quite yet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Been snowing here for a couple of hours at varying intensity but hasn't settled, too wet on the ground. Temp 0.9c, cold and wet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

Looking at the 12z NMM/WRF run, the low is in the same place as on the 06z but 1mb less deep. Even so, precipitation is a lot less extensive in spatial coverage to the north of the main frontal belt - seems like the energy is staying more compacted with more precipitation in the Channel and less extending inland.

Things is, it's completely missed out the precipitation currently occuring inland across the SW - or in fact it might well have it too far south - just look at where the heavy precipitation to the SW is at +5h:

http://modeles.meteo...1-5-0.png?10-17

Down in the Channel rather than across the far SW. Similar issues to NAE perhaps...?

do you post on TWO aswell AWD? as there is a very similar post on there.. from 'Stormchaser' in Hampshire

"

Watching the 12z NAM/WRF run coming out, the low is in the same place as on the 06z but 1mb less deep. Even so, precipitation is a lot less extensive in spatial coverage to the north of the main frontal belt - seems like the energy is staying more compacted with more precipitation in the Channel and less extending inland.

Things is, it's completely missed out the precipitation currently occuring inland across the SW - or in fact it might well have it too far south - just look at where the heavy precipitation to the SW is at +5h:

http://modeles.meteo...1-5-0.png?10-17

Down in the Channel rather than across the far SW. Similar issues to NAE perhaps...?"

Edited by -eded-