Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 10/03/13 17z---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Is Exeter the only place it's not snowing yet?!!! Lol Snowdome is not budging I guess

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Nice sideways snow in Poole, ! :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Nice, BBC Spotlight has Dartmoor down for 10cm plus overnight and into tomorrow.

I don't rate that forecaster mind. I fear the main band of ppn is channel bound and we will miss the fun. For once the channel islands are in a good position

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Is Exeter the only place it's not snowing yet?!!! Lol Snowdome is not budging I guess

It often feels like that! Though I think most of the South-West will have to wait a bit longer before any significant snow shows its hand this evening.

Posted

BBC graphics arent showing any snow graphics now for our coastal strip, beginning to lose heart of anything now. The knifedge scenario is blunting fast.

Posted

BBC graphics arent showing any snow graphics now for our coastal strip, beginning to lose heart of anything now. The knifedge scenario is blunting fast.

I would ignore the BBC graphics and the computer models now and look at the radar http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ and out your window, as they are always the best tools for short term snow forecasts.

Posted

no snow here yet

but temps are dropping so we might see some. well maybe

Edited by BARRY

Posted

Have you not seen the local postings, it is snowing. Weather 1 BBC 0aggressive.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

It seems to me that the band is fizzling out quickly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

OI U!!! Now you have totally confused me! cc_confused.gif West Sussex is dead central of the South so I thought South Central is where I should be as you don't get any further South than me or come to that any more central, maybe I.O.W. may be more central. Looks like us W,Sussex folks aren't wanted anywhere. mega_shok.gifsorry.gif Never mind, I will be the winner when I hog all the snow tomorrow. Netweather forecast for me is as follows.

WooHoo. Nah, I don't believe it either really.

Ah forgot to say, snow showers also forecast for me until 3:00pm on Tuesday too. LOL

cf.. Hello my friend.. Enjoy all the snow coming your way and Sussex is south central... Am with you on that.akpoolshark is just getting a wee overexcited cos of all this snow talk... As my mum says... Just showing off! Wink ...

I have told my parents to not go out tomorrow.. (Chichester).. As very cold. Funny thing is my bro is due back to Boggas from Norway this week.. Think it'll be warmer back in Norway. He'll be surprised when he gets off that train..lol!

Edited by gottolovethisweather
edited to remove forecast from taking up too much of the page

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Here's a nice man really and you are always welcome to chat to me and the rest of us as long as you share your reports. As per the TV forecast I saw earlier today, you may be in the sweetspot, more especially late tomorrow into Tuesday. I can't see your fingers even getting luke warm for a few days.

It's alright Tony, I was born to be hated.....lol.....I just presumed looking at who posts in the SE England thread that the demarcation line was east of the isles of Scilly & south of Birmingham.....lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Snowing hard and fast here in Delabole!!! :-):-):-) Settling on the cars but no where else currently :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

I don't rate that forecaster mind. I fear the main band of ppn is channel bound and we will miss the fun. For once the channel islands are in a good position

Yeah, got to be honest, I don't like her very much. I guess it is just down to watching Mr Lamp post tonight....

Posted

Hopefully this link should give everyone a better picture of the precipitation potential for tonight and tomorrow http://www.meteox.co.uk/gmapstatic.aspx?zoom=7&type=zoom&x=167&y=303 if you have a look towards Brittany, you can see where the main low pressure system is and it is this which is forecast to head northwards. How far north, thus how much snow we get, is open to debate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hi there,

Will my area be in a good position to get snow tomorrow?

thanks

from galac

I believe showery outbreaks are likely but nothing too much expected at this stage. A bitter day it will be though, most probably an ICE DAY in the offing. good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Unless there is a last minute push North there will be No snow for you or me to far North unfortunately

Ok, thanks for the speedy reply good.gif

I thought that too help.gif

from galac

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Light but steady snow,,,,,,,,,,,,Got to go out on field later,will be nightmare with this windchill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of Snow

Hi All , still dry here but temps are dropping slowly 2.5 at mo with dew point at 0.9, but pressure rising 1007.8 mb . looking at radar we have been in the dry sandwich bit for to long now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I believe showery outbreaks are likely but nothing too much expected at this stage. A bitter day it will be though, most probably an ICE DAY in the offing. good.gif

And thanks to you too smile.png

from galac

Edited by galacticwarrior

Posted

Sorry beast!! I went out also, to play football in minehead,and have now caught up with posts, was sleeting there snow over the higher parts of the route! And it was settling at higher levels!

Posted

He's a nice man really and you are always welcome to chat to me and the rest of us as long as you share your reports. As per the TV forecast I saw earlier today, you may be in the sweetspot, more especially late tomorrow into Tuesday. I can't see your fingers even getting luke warm for a few days.

You are right about the fingers, walked the dog this evening. BRRRR! And tomorrow is forecast to be colder. OH HELP. Oh I would love the snow but daren't hope. Only one day of snow fell here this winter but it was a lot.clapping.gif and it did last 3 days so not complaining. By the way, I know he is a nice man really and I never reached my old age without developing a thick skin so I knew he was only joking. Just thought I would make him suffer a bit. LOL

Hi to you too PB, you are wise to tell your parents in Chichester to stay in. A wind chill of -8C is forecast for us with that really strong wind which if it does snow will likely cause a lot of problems. I will be staying in except for dog walking and even the dog doesn't like ice blowing into his eyes so he wont want to hang around whatever we get.

Edited by coldfingers