Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 11th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Looking like the intensity will drop for a bit now, very heavy stuff over Ireland!

This front should begin to pivot and drag this SE back over you guys later on.

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Are you on the Padeswood side? The intensity has dropped a bit now - are you the same?

No, nearer to Northop Hall. Snow has eased back here too.

Pete

Posted

Snow has eased off a bit here, some massive drifts and lost power several times now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

This weather is wierd. East side of Elidir (mountain) is white, on the West side the snow level is higher up, but down in Llanberis there's snow but up in Deiniolen, which is higher up of about 100m there's no snow, and just icy rain.

Edited by Liam Ellis

Posted

Snow has eased off a bit here, some massive drifts and lost power several times now

Got any pics Hywel?

:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

How have you guys got that much snow? Especially in Buckley and Mold? Can't believe it!

Posted

How have you guys got that much snow? Especially in Buckley and Mold? Can't believe it!

13 hours of heavy snow probably did it.

Posted

It is not really a surprise.

Mold always did get hit bad in these types of situations - i.e. 37cm in April 1998.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Stopped snowing now, wind is sculpting. Here are photos from about 08:00 today.post-13067-0-46401000-1363947616_thumb.jpost-13067-0-51295300-1363947631_thumb.jpost-13067-0-50913900-1363947639_thumb.j

Posted

In work at the moment, popped out and sat in my car just to get out of the building...cold and very wet are the words. Though I did spy some ice crystals falling with the rain as it hit the windscreen and slowly slide downwards, very very small pieces mind you. Any chance of sending some of the white stuff down south over the next couple of days and into next week please?! (I wish).

Posted

Stopped snowing now, wind is sculpting. Here are photos from about 08:00 today.post-13067-0-46401000-1363947616_thumb.jpost-13067-0-51295300-1363947631_thumb.jpost-13067-0-50913900-1363947639_thumb.j

Only a light dusting then blum.gif

You will be buried by tomorrow looking at what you have already got!

Posted

It is not really a surprise.

Mold always did get hit bad in these types of situations - i.e. 37cm in April 1998.

I remember that one well. I've lived in this house for 34 years and that was the highest single snowfall I've seen.

I walked up our lane while there was a bit of a respite and there are 3 further massive branches that have bent over onto our lane. Have phoned the council but they are kinda busy right now and being the only house in a 200 metre long lane means I'm a low priority.

Meanwhile, snow is picking up again.

Pete

Posted

don't send any down south please iv had enough cold this year,sun now please and lots of it, snow from end of nov to end of feb will do then warm sun turing to hot sun. im sure this time last yr we had fab hot sunshine didn't we? but that was our summer ha ha

Posted

I remember that one well. I've lived in this house for 34 years and that was the highest single snowfall I've seen.

I walked up our lane while there was a bit of a respite and there are 3 further massive branches that have bent over onto our lane. Have phoned the council but they are kinda busy right now and being the only house in a 200 metre long lane means I'm a low priority.

Meanwhile, snow is picking up again.

Pete

You could exceed that today/tonight.

I remember the event well though, it rained and then turned to snow in the evening and carried on all night. We had about 25cm in Wrexham, it thawed quite quickly though.

I remember another snowfall of around a foot when I was younger, around 1994 it must have been.

Edited by Radiating Dendrite

Posted

Got any pics Hywel?

smile.png

Will get some later, got lots of work to do !

Posted

Beautiful scenes there snefnug, we only have about 3 to 4 inches here, but it is gone very wet, and we had a bout an hour of freeing rain earlier. quite low down though here.

Posted

Just spoke to my mum, she is reporting around 10" of snow.

They cannot get out of the front door and she said there are cars stranded on the main road outside the house.

shok.gifcold.gif

Why did I not go and stay there this weekend wallbash.gif

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

46mm past 24 hours back homeohmy.png

Rain that is!

Edited by TonyH

Throwing it down again here after a brief respite, 40mm now since it started. It seems that as I suspected snow cover has been fairly patchy for many in the UK with the large falls mainly confined to higher ground, it seems that problems with marginal conditions and lack of intensity of the precip has resulted in difficulties in snow sticking and piling up for many.

Posted

Don't know about that 10 inches of snow relatively low lying around Wrexham!

Don't know about that 10 inches of snow relatively low lying around Wrexham!

Well I did say mainly on higher ground, the Welsh mountains seem to have stolen a lot of the precip from England, some localised rain shadows from the Pennines and other high ground too it seems.