Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 11th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

just peeped outside - a patch cleared yesterday now has at least 4" on it - extraordinary scenes

Posted

med_gallery_781_51_134387.jpg

Snow in garden this morning..... help.gifgood.gif

Edited by Hywel

Posted

About 6-7cm here overnight and snowing moderately.

That picture Hywel is insane, when did we last see snow that deep in Wales, let alone in March?

Posted

med_gallery_781_51_134387.jpg

Snow in garden this morning..... help.gifgood.gif

We're pretty much the same down in Mold, Hywel.

I was literally flabbergasted when I looked outside this morning. I've never seen anything like it. It's like I just woke up in Canada. I don't think the market will be on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Here's the Mold pics rofl.gif

35bxmw1.jpg

2wpp6kl.jpg

Same up here. 20+ inches on flat surfaces. I've had some decent snow events over the past 5 years however this is like putting them all together in one huge dumping. Perhaps when we are all done with it we could dole it out to those in the north west thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

35bxmw1.jpg

2wpp6kl.jpg

Just popped in from the SE/EA thread. Incredible pics, keep 'em coming!

Posted

We're pretty much the same down in Mold, Hywel.

I was literally flabbergasted when I looked outside this morning. I've never seen anything like it. It's like I just woke up in Canada. I don't think the market will be on.

my mate stuck in wales in hes lorry he thinks hes there for the weekend !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

1 and a half -two foot lying snow, higher in drifting, road about 4 inches deep, no sign of snow plough. Power on and off. Have taken pics, will upload later. Back to bed with tea. Bed also looks like snowdrift due to tissues strewn by phlemmy husband. Not going anywhere today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme snow rain wind

Heavy snow up here. Good six inches and still falling

Same here in brynmawr ....

Posted

I think it's impossible to get snow in the far south now!! Those snow photos look awesome though. Have fun in that smile.png

we have snow here right now - fine blowing in the wind - and the hills around here are covered - 300m or so!

edit:- getting heavier with larger flakes - nothing to rival north wales - but hey!

Edited by andymusic

Posted

1 and a half -two foot lying snow, higher in drifting, road about 4 inches deep, no sign of snow plough. Power on and off. Have taken pics, will upload later. Back to bed with tea. Bed also looks like snowdrift due to tissues strewn by phlemmy husband. Not going anywhere today!

I'd say you won't be going anywhere for a few days. Bet you are glad you got the logs in now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Pics, these were at 8:am this morning. Sorry if some are wrong way round, still learning. Still snowing.post-13067-0-83845500-1364031137_thumb.jpost-13067-0-19555500-1364031151_thumb.jpost-13067-0-96589100-1364031177_thumb.j

Posted

Heavy rain constant until about 9oclock last night,then it started sleeting,woke up this morning with snow on roofs cars and grass!! Must of had some decent snow through the night but I missed it! Is there any forecast for us today?

Was a bit surprised to wake up to 2 inches of snow this morning, it was turning sleety/wet snowy last night so I thought we could get something. Melting now though and annoying slushy mess. 65mm of precip from this system, a darn good soaking. Tired of this cold and winter-spring now!

There's definitely something up with our weather over the past few years, do we get any normal weather anymore? One extreme or the other it seems.

Edited by Bobby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Fantastic for our Welsh cousins - Enjoy! In Scotland below 200m there is generally nothing to speak off away from Dumfries and Galloway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

As usual, nothing here, not that I was expecting any.

Posted

Have put more sunflower, pumpkin and millet seed out with breadcrumbs - bird wars on at the moment. With the snow woomf off the ha ha ha solar panels, the birds are now on a level with the window sill, which is mildly freaking the cat out........