Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 11th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Dim byd o gwbl i gymharu â chi gogleddwyr ond mae na eira ysgfan yn disgyn fan hyn yn awr er gwaetha'r ffaith nad yw'r radar yn dangos hynny, digon o laethder yn yr amgylchedd dybiaf i.

Nothing compared to you gogs at all but it is snowing lightly here even though the radar shows zilch, plenty of moisture in the atmosphere must be the reason. Wonder what the chances are for some more convection following this band? or flurries?

Posted

Some great photos in here today; thanks to everyone for sharing. We did well in January so I can't complain, although I can't help feeling a tad envious of those posting pics showing feet of lying snow! We've had a light dusting a couple of times earlier this month but just rain from this event and so if this does end up being the coldest March for 50 years it would be nice to get something a little more substantial. All eyes on Thursday / Friday to see what the next Low does...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Super photos people :)

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Amazing photos today, takes me back to 1982!

Posted

Regarding flurries atm? anybody else reporting them? they're quite moderate here at times left a sugar coated dusting already, yet nothing on the radar, I know a sugar coated dusting is nothing compared to your 2ft + yn y Gogledd but still could well wake up to a slight covering at this rate :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Regarding flurries atm? anybody else reporting them? they're quite moderate here at times left a sugar coated dusting already, yet nothing on the radar, I know a sugar coated dusting is nothing compared to your 2ft + yn y Gogledd but still could well wake up to a slight covering at this rate smile.png

Nothing here :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: eira mawr yn y gaeaf, braf yn y haf

Only a dusting in south wales, hopefully we might get a chance if a serious covering before its too late. This is amazing so late in the season. Just shows its not over til the fat lady sings!

Posted

As opposed to when one of our Musical members sings!

Posted

Anywere in Wales could see a dusting of snow today showers, showers drifting further south as the day goes on http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

As opposed to when one of our Musical members sings!

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa - la la la la - snow snow snow - just below the snow line here - senghenydd mount has snow on it though still - I'm sure we'll get a few flurries over the next 24 hours or so!

Posted

minus 0.7 degrees here half way through the morning. The scenes further North look quite amazing but to be honest for the first time ever I'm quite glad we haven't had it like that in the South this time- am actually looking forward to some warm weather now - can't remember the last time the temperature was in excess of 10C

Signs of a breakdown in the models towards Easter Weekend, but will it be a quick snow to rain event, or another snow event, with the cold air staying over most of us.

GFS goes for the former, although it looks a bit progressive in relation to its ensembles, while ECM looks a bit snowier, but this also starts to show the end of the cold spell in sight towards the end of the weekend.

As ever time will tell.

Edited by Jackone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme snow rain wind

Only a dusting in south wales, hopefully we might get a chance if a serious covering before its too late. This is amazing so late in the season. Just shows its not over til the fat lady sings!

Weve got 6 inches here in brynmawr ...............snow

Posted

Only 0.7C here at the moment, feeling bitter in the wind

Posted

Only 0.7C here at the moment, feeling bitter in the wind

Amazing temps for time of year!

Posted

Its a shame we didn't have a good snow cover in the South of Wales as it would have more than likely laid around for a good week with this setup. Deep snow in North Wales won't be shifting for a good while.

Posted

Well mild ramper Peter Gibbs goes for heavy snow end of next week .rofl.gif

Bit odd, I know northern parts will have further snow before the cold spells ends but southern and southwestern areas are more likely to see a mixture of rain, sleet and hill snow.

Posted

Bit odd, I know northern parts will have further snow before the cold spells ends but southern and southwestern areas are more likely to see a mixture of rain, sleet and hill snow.

well maybe/maybe not - this cold we have over us now will entrench itself this week - and once again will be a difficult air mass to shift once the atlantic tries to attack it - it will all depend when it happens - all in the detail then - let's just watch it develop!

Posted

Again a few days back Ian Furgesson mentioned that Met Office was concerned withe the snow for the south for 7 to 10 days time weird to say that for a weather so far ahead.Is it snowing in N East Wales ? precipitation seems to pepping up. Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Again a few days back Ian Furgesson mentioned that Met Office was concerned withe the snow for the south for 7 to 10 days time weird to say that for a weather so far ahead.Is it snowing in N East Wales ? precipitation seems to pepping up.

It certainly is - getting quite heavy now. No let up!