Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 11th March 2013 15.00 hrs onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

Seems to be over for the far western areas i.e. Hampshire - You guys in West sussex and eastwards seem to be in for a right pasting tonight though..!

Posted

Certainly if you zoom in East London seems to be getting a lot more

Im not EAST London i class myself as CENTRAL London hehe..post office cocked my postcode up honest guvspiteful.gif ...hope your right though would love a nice snow surprise later.

Well done to the Sussex Kent snow glad you got a pasting and more to come i reckonsmile.png

Edited by ChartViewer

Guest bjaykent

I think an inch is very generous. I am less than a mile from you and I would say about 1.5cm accumulation.

Can you imagine if this blizzard had been the type with big thick flakeshelp.gif

Hmm thanks for that but you are right I am very generous.

Posted

Just had to abandon my car!!! Busses going sidewards. Walking home : (

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

And it wasn't even snowing

hah :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Have heard that Stagecoach buses have stopped all routes in the Eastbourne area!

And also in brighton.. Look at argus website for live reports..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Is it moving north? Only need about 5-10 miles. :-)

we havent got any here around SW20 either.....

Posted

Nice big chunky flakes now. It really is hammering it down. A good covering already..... it was worth the wait.

Directly north of you but nought..... Wind has picked up though......

Posted

Interesting the Met Office use the word "streaming" for the showers coming in from the North Sea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Where?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme!

Will Herne Bay get a look in, had a couple of 5 min bursts but thats our lot, so frustrating!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Come on you guys in the Eastbourne, Lewes, Brighton area, more pics please!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Will Herne Bay get a look in, had a couple of 5 min bursts but thats our lot, so frustrating!

Think it will be like that through the night going by weak streamers

Posted

Well had about an inch and a half from the original front, then about 2" from streamer last nite, with drifting to 6", so been pretty lucky overall, just a shame I've missed out all of today with a constant streamer a few miles south of me. Stowmarket looks good if anyone is from there?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, warm dry Summers

People abandoning cars all over the place, it's only a cm or two still but it's really coming down and people panicking at rush hour to get home, the snow earlier has melted and frozen over so a layer of ice under fresh snow now in many places, hills and even small inclines are a major problem to the already slow and barely moving traffic, the gritting that should have been done has mostly washed away and no fresh grit seems to have gone down, clever!

Posted

Come on you guys in the Eastbourne, Lewes, Brighton area, more pics please!

sadly it's to 'white' to get any-kind of picture! proper white-out! and has been for while

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Amber Warning of Snow for London & South East England :

West Sussex, East Sussex, Brighton and Hove & Kent

Snow is expected to continue through this evening and overnight. Up to 10cm may accumulate by Tuesday morning.

The public should be aware of the potential for significant disruption.

Issued at:

1814 on Mon 11 Mar 2013

Valid from:

2030 on Mon 11 Mar 2013

Valid to:

0900 on Tue 12 Mar 2013

A frontal zone remains slow-moving in the English Channel. This will continue to produce snow overnight, merging with the snow showers streaming into southeast England from the North Sea. Now that road temperatures are more widely below freezing, the snow will settle more readily than was the case during the daytime. However, there is still some uncertainty over the northward extent of the more persistent snowfall and the public are advised to keep in touch with the forecast.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=3AD710B0-EA8C-DA44-12F5-5A9DD43C238F_1_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&fcTime=1362960000

Posted

Im not EAST London i class myself as CENTRAL London hehe..post office cocked my postcode up honest guvspiteful.gif ...hope your right though would love a nice snow surprise later.

I have no idea just looking at the radar all day gives me a hunch, let me check again, ok, here is my view. = All of London any part of it, is (if it gets) snow from the North Sea Streams. Nothing from the Front. If the Front is dying a little and slipping south or East, then the cloud shield will go with it. Then Areas significantly enough north of it, will get the Streams, that then is a question of wind direction and placement. Luck of the draw. What I currently see is a Line from basically North East of Ipswich, progressing in a diagonal line to the west of Chelmsford and this line is directly aimed at London and probably entering the LAughton to Enfield area spreading into North Eastern London hopefully going south Westwards. That is not great for my location, in NW London, but probably nice for you, no idea whether it will be long enough or heavy enough for lying snow. But I think that the diminishing front is helping these, if you noticed when the front pushed a little further north it cut off all the streamers in the North London area during the afternoon. They look to be returning, how long for? No idea. But they don't have the intensity they had when the came onshore up in Ipswich area. So who knows?

Posted

Enjoying seeing the snow on the radar wonder if we're going to get to see anything other the a dusting off the sea up here tonight, I want a snow day hehehehe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Been great seeing today unfold............snowing all day, sometimes heavy but not settling on paths or roads......... about 3.30ish car frozen, moderate to heavy non stop snow and settling everywhere........bitter wind blowing it around..........hope the children have a snow day tomorrow........sledges at the ready.......