Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 11th March 2013 15.00 hrs onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Its only a matter of time before another 62/63 event comes along IMO with our rivers, lakes and maybe even a few harbours and parts of the sea frozen!

Our winters on average are getting colder by each year since 2006 time, and i reckon they will get colder before they get any warmer too. Look at today, I truthfully wrote this winter off 2 weeks ago when I thought spring was blooming. This has been exceptional today for mid-march, just when I thought the North Sea snow making machine effect had been diminished, its the best one we've seen since 2010 and we have narrowly missed out on a proper winter storm today, it really was a 50-100 mile near miss, with the Channel Islands nipping it in the bud ( cheeky swines!)

Still also for potential of another snow event next week too. 2013 has got off to a truly awesome start. This is why I love meteorology, so many surprises it chucks at you and how thrilling an extreme event can turn out to be! Just Priceless!

Guest archiesmummy

Lovely heavy showers but apart from a very very light dusting this morning, which has now gone, nothing else here, am going to sculk away from here as can't keep up on here! Well done those south of the river :)

Posted

Quite a surreal situation here on the coast just to the east of Brighton.

Gale force winds and driving snow, the roads remind me of ice road truckers, quite amazing at anytime but for mid March.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

NEVER seen snow accumulate so quickly , we now have a level inch here in Brighton !

Posted

BBC Local News reckons about 10cm tonight for my area with a definate accumulation around the Medway-Dartford area.

Finger crossed!

Is Steve murr, Kold or John about? Just been looking at the wind speed and direction and uppers for 10pm using the gfs0.5 looks likly the streamer will intensive around this time.

Can one of you have a look if your not to busy, as I could be completely misreading.

Guest bjaykent

For the first time over the last 12 hours and more there are now quite thick large flakes instead of the finer flakes - the heaviest yet! And the wind has really strengthened once moreair_kiss.gif

If this does keep going till tomorrow morning it is going to look totally awesome out thererofl.gif

Hi Tamara, how much snow have you got there now and mind you don't exaggerate LOL.

Posted

Has the UKMO radar gone on the blink?. Those echoes went from orange/yellow in 15 minutes to much lighter precip, it does seem a bit suspect for the entire amount in the Channel to weaken that quickly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Ok lied just another whiteout live on a ambulance road and its blocked.

Posted

I note the amber Met Office warning does not extend to Medway - wonder if that will change. Mind you, have some lovely snow on the ground and a fun packed journey home up Bluebell Hill, so quite happy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Has the UKMO radar gone on the blink?. Those echoes went from orange/yellow in 15 minutes to much lighter precip, it does seem a bit suspect for the entire amount in the Channel to weaken that quickly.

I was just about to ask that. The whole lot went a shade lighter at the same time ?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

It has gotten alot snowier since my last update, heavy steady fine powder snow with strong blizzard like winds as times, and everything, including roads and pavements have a good covering, getting thicker and thicker!smiliz34.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

This takes the proverbial. Congrats southerners.

march11_zps5cbb2400.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

The Wind has just gone nuts out of nowhere, full blown gale, this is just insane !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

You and me both Katie. Here in Aylesbury once again in the god damned dry zone.

We have been lucky this winter in hw. Infact we made the national news in February for having the deepest snow and we got snowed in during the January's event , as we live up on one hill. But I want more :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Brighton, outside my house afew moment ago, for those wanting to see pictures. It's a tadge dark, my i-pad doesn't seem to have a flash!

post-18906-0-41729300-1363028659_thumb.j

Posted

Must of done, zoom out it happens to every bit of precip in the uk. Something not correct.

Posted

If only that system had tracked another 50-100 miles north. Places in northern France possibly getting 1ft of snow.

A few places reporting 50cm in northern france already!!!!!