Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 12th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

I wonder how this event matches up in terms of the Sussex coast snowfall, possibly the heaviest since March 1970.

http://www.wetterzen...00119700305.gif

http://www.wetterzen...00219700305.gif

Regards,

Tom.

In my parents' neck of the woods - Hailsham - this is nothing like January 1991, in terms of either snow depth or absolute temperatures.

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

In my parents' neck of the woods - Hailsham - this is nothing like January 1991, in terms of either snow depth or absolute temperatures.

I think he meant for March, in the recent past of course there have been bigger events than this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

I think he meant for March, in the recent past of course there have been bigger events than this.

Correct, thank you, I meant to say March. good.gif

Thanks,

Tom

Dead calm here currently with big fat 50 p flakes falling- 8/10

My car that has been bare all eve is not getting a covering- further signs that the wind has dropped out- showers moving through slower!!!!

S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Thanks,

Tom

No problem.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Suppose I fell asleep about 10:30ish.and wat in the hey????I am sorry but Ermmm I have no road,and it's still snowing heavy.defo a snow day tomm.hilly fields here we come .daughters gonna be so pleased when she gets up. X

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Thanks,

Tom

So polite - and the perfect example to setangel.gifsmile.png

Posted

My car that has been bare all eve is not getting a covering- further signs that the wind has dropped out- showers moving through slower!!!!

S

Steve quite an evening here in greenhithe... do you think more to come?

Posted

Coming down heavy again now, the wind is blowing around looks like little snow tornados on the ground when the wind blows. Not sure how much I'm going to wake up to but I know I won't be doing no school run in the morning. :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Cloudy here but dry. Raintoday showing almost persistent snow around the Lowestoft area stretching up to Corton, maybe Hopton. Hopefully it will move northwards. Spoke to someone from Beccles earlier and apparently they have a lot of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

We saw 20 cm a few years back in Brighton (Well at least we did here to the West of Brighton), but it melted the very next night as a pressure system rolled in off the coast bringing heavy rain with it, and the snow that night was very powdery, your feet sank right through it, this stuff is compact and it's frozen underneath, I doubt very much it will all ,melt so readily and in terms of an extreme event, tonight surpasses that night (From an IMBY perspective) , 1987 was more than just a one night stand added to the fact that we had the hurricane in the same year, I don't think 1987 will ever be topped for extreme Weather events , at least down this way... for some time to come.

But tonight will be a night that will forever stay in my memory, I feel really gutted for those who are missing out, I know only too well how it feels to be on the wrong side of a snow event by only a few miles, it is gut wrenching for a Cold and Snow lover.

Winter 2012/2013 has been yet another one with several snow ''events'' , which makes it the 4th Winter in a row where I have seen snow falling IMBY , kinda makes up for the period 1996-2008 where I was living in all the wrong places and didn't witness a single flake during that period.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Coming down heavy again now, the wind is blowing around looks like little snow tornados on the ground when the wind blows. Not sure how much I'm going to wake up to but I know I won't be doing no school run in the morning. :-)

Its been lots of fine baby flakes all day long and now since this evening the parent flakes have been out to playbiggrin.png

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted

S

Hi Steve I have an average wind speed of 13 mph with gusts of over 25 mph and it sounds like its getting worse!!! not much in the way of snow though cray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Windy here and still snowing, wind quite fierce, not a night to be out thats for sure.

Guest bjaykent

6cm of snow, almost continuous for around 8 hours now and still snowing hard at the moment, wind has dropped ever so slightly. Didn't really expect this but have managed to keep under a fairly continuous stream of showers since this afternoon. smile.png

Posted

Its been lots of fine baby flakes all day long and now since this evening the parent flakes have been out to playbiggrin.png

We will be having a fun snow day tomorrow with the sledge, tried to go sledging earlier but that wind made it feel very raw and it was to deep. Goodnight everyone hope everyone that's missed out gets some have fun and stay safe :-)

Posted

I am taken a back at the moment at the amount we have had in about 2hrs?I don't even think my Hubby will make it of the drive in his little van tbh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Looking like a decent 'Wash' streamer as well as the thames. This snow has been the best yet this year IMO for overall snowfall across the UK. The showers really did pack a punch and even cleared Ireland! Now that is saying something for Mid March!

Posted

Just looking at radar ,can anyone one tell me what's going where ATM?? Thanks btw nice warning met o.still at yellow pmsl.

Edited by Floatylight

Looking at the radar theres certainly a few CMS to come yet ( for some in the lines of showers )

I need to go to bed soon

Depth here-

3cm on the bin

1cm on pavements

4/5cm covering the grass.

Hoping to be sledging tom eve!!!