Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 12th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Well done for getting 3"

my dads in lancing and he says no sign of the gritters! I'm in Billingshurst.

We had gritters out early in Bognor town centre but then a full on blizzard developed for around an hour. No salt or grit could cope with that. Snow came down, melted by salt, froze then more snow on top of ice. Deadly out there on the roads tonight. better perhaps if it hadn't been gritted in the first place.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Been snowing in Colchester pretty heavily since around 10pm...but no depth due to the string winds. It's pretty showery but it's falling hard when it comes...

*strong

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

the latest radar is looking good for bit of the heavy stuff hitting the coastal fringes around Brighton soon :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

I must say, all those Sussex photos are amazing, thanks for sharing them with us. I'm happy with my enormous 1 cm

wall drift, 2 streets away! Che sera!

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Interesting how people saying the precipitation off north Sea is dying out- just having the first moderate-heavy bursts of snow blowing down here in SE13 I've seen all night! Is it the start of something or just a little teaser??

Posted

still snowing here

noticed the sky has that pinky colour now

can i enter your comp tom

i will dive to sussex with a bucket and bring it back

then measure it here rofl.gif

is that ok?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

The way this is shaping up, I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere ends up with a foot of snow before the night is out, Hastings surely must be close to that ??

Well I am not too far from there and it just keeps on snowingbiggrin.png It has barely stopped since it began in the early hours of this morning (nearly yesterday morning) Atm it is as heavy as it has been at other peak times during the day. I would like to take more pics as it keeps piling up but I am just too tired after todays fun. Hopefully it won't disappear too fast tomorrow - nothing can be taken for granted this late in the season. And today has been too good to be true in many ways. Fantastic - one sure not to be forgottenclap.gif

Posted

Just broke my record gust on weather station...28.9 mph not bad for a garden with trees all around.....the poor little plastic anemometer must have been wizzing around lol

Posted

Just broke my record gust on weather station...28.9 mph not bad for a garden with trees all around.....the poor little plastic anemometer must have been wizzing around lol

Wish mine had. cray.gif It isn't an expensive one but the anemometer wont turn. Any idea how best to lubricate it? It was a new one put up only a few weeks ago but the windspeed showed a max gust of 8mph today. rofl.gif Been actually Force 7 to F8.

Posted

from where i am we tend to always 'miss out' on snow events (to close to sea heat etc) but this is just astonishing! been snowing for 16 hours now non-stop. and is now getting even heaver! JUST WOW!!

Posted
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: Continental:Warm dry summers, cold snowy winters
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom

The thrust of the main streamer has now moved NW miles so more of essex will see snow, also shower train spreading west with it-

S

Do you think north-west essex could well be in the game soon? seen a few flakes blowing around

Posted

Still snowing

A sight to behold in March on the Sussex coast.One I'll never forget..Amazing the way the snow has stuck on to the windows and side of houses and blown around in the wind.

Edited by SLEETY

Posted

Wish mine had. cray.gif It isn't an expensive one but the anemometer wont turn. Any idea how best to lubricate it? It was a new one put up only a few weeks ago but the windspeed showed a max gust of 8mph today. rofl.gif Been actually Force 7 to F8.

Hi Cold I am sure I found some forums about setting up and repairing weather stations...I have some silcon spray that does not attract dust etc like oil based ones do...try googling I am sure thats how I found it...good luck